Med's Done....
08-08-2012
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
AIP 23 October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 24 October 2013
Hi QuebecOkie! Where did you see that the strike might not be affecting Inland applications? I was so sad to read about the strike yesterday. It would be great if we could try to figure out if they are, or aren't affected. I know that the date for "currently processing..." hasn't moved from October 8th for at least a few weeks now...

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
One member referenced information received by calling CIC:
nrajani_99 said:
I just called CIC .. and he informed me that the strike is only for outside offices.. inland is not affected by it.. unless you have depeneds out side of Canada.
ewwww.. what a relife..
From what I've read, it's mostly foreign offices that are affected, and the articles I've read say that it will result in backlogs and slow downs in those areas...but workers in Ottawa DID walk out as well.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/06/06/foreign-service-workers-target-harpers-european-trip-with-walkout-in-ottawa-key-missions-abroad/

Quote from that article:
“The ramifications on the immigration side, I think you can probably guess. It’s going to mean a massive backlog and huge reduction in the pace and volume of the processing of visas and permanent resident applications in these locations.”
"...in these locations."

But who knows? Only time will tell how much this will impact inland applications, and how long it takes for the government and union to come to some sort of agreement that gets things moving properly again. I'm sort of hoping for the best, and expecting the worst.

MsJMo

May 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
08-08-2012
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
AIP 23 October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 24 October 2013
Thanks so much for posting that information!

I'm 100% with your last comment. ;)

wortip

Mar 12, 2013
QuebecOkie,

Any sign of your medicals and police cert. being added to your file yet? I'm on pins and needles waiting for my medicals and police cert. to be matched up with my file. I received my GCMS notes recently and it notes that the sponsors eligibility process hasn't even started yet! At least it shows criminality for principle applicant is in progress.

Btw, will your sister be visiting this summer? I hope you get a chance to see your family sometime soon.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
wortip said:
QuebecOkie,

Any sign of your medicals and police cert. being added to your file yet? I'm on pins and needles waiting for my medicals and police cert. to be matched up with my file. I received my GCMS notes recently and it notes that the sponsors eligibility process hasn't even started yet! At least it shows criminality for principle applicant is in progress.

Btw, will your sister be visiting this summer? I hope you get a chance to see your family sometime soon.
Hi Wortip!

No, I called CIC a week or two ago, and the representative on the phone was nice but couldn't see anything about medicals or police certificate. I sent an email inquiry yesterday. The only other time I emailed (to confirm that my CSQ had been received), I think it took a little over a week to get a response. I'm not actually "worried" at this point, but I'd like to confirm that things got matched up.

I suppose at some point in the next month or two, I'll be requesting our notes, too. I just don't feel too enthusiastic about learning anything that matters or helps the process out in any way, so I try to just sit back and wait.

Aww, how sweet of you to remember! The tornadoes in Oklahoma thankfully didn't impact my family or friends too directly, but a medical center was destroyed. Since it was close to the hospital where my sister works, they've be giving some shifts to nurses who previously worked at the destroyed center. It has my sister's schedule all messed up. She still plans to visit, but it looks more like August or September now.

I'm very thankful for technology, though! It's my birthday, and I'm all alone, but I've had friends from all over the world send me birthday wishes. I've talked to my mom and sister for a long time on the phone for free, despite them being in another country, about 3000km away. And I spent almost two hours chatting with my sweet husband by video, talking about everything and nothing, and getting to see a smile on the handsome face I love so dearly. So, thanks to technology, I'm not at all alone. I have love pouring in from all over. :D I'm often grateful for the age in which I live. Even a mere 20 years ago, it would be so much harder to keep in touch with people, so much more expensive to get to hear my mom's voice for an hour when I miss her. Impossible to talk face-to-face with my husband when he's 4 provinces away.

MsJMo

May 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
08-08-2012
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
AIP 23 October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 24 October 2013
Ohh! Happy Birthday!! Yes, we are very lucky these days with technology. Hope you have a lovely day :)

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
MsJMo said:
Ohh! Happy Birthday!! Yes, we are very lucky these days with technology. Hope you have a lovely day :)
Thanks! ;D

wortip

Mar 12, 2013
QuebecOkie said:
Hi Wortip!

No, I called CIC a week or two ago, and the representative on the phone was nice but couldn't see anything about medicals or police certificate. I sent an email inquiry yesterday. The only other time I emailed (to confirm that my CSQ had been received), I think it took a little over a week to get a response. I'm not actually "worried" at this point, but I'd like to confirm that things got matched up.

I suppose at some point in the next month or two, I'll be requesting our notes, too. I just don't feel too enthusiastic about learning anything that matters or helps the process out in any way, so I try to just sit back and wait.

Aww, how sweet of you to remember! The tornadoes in Oklahoma thankfully didn't impact my family or friends too directly, but a medical center was destroyed. Since it was close to the hospital where my sister works, they've be giving some shifts to nurses who previously worked at the destroyed center. It has my sister's schedule all messed up. She still plans to visit, but it looks more like August or September now.

I'm very thankful for technology, though! It's my birthday, and I'm all alone, but I've had friends from all over the world send me birthday wishes. I've talked to my mom and sister for a long time on the phone for free, despite them being in another country, about 3000km away. And I spent almost two hours chatting with my sweet husband by video, talking about everything and nothing, and getting to see a smile on the handsome face I love so dearly. So, thanks to technology, I'm not at all alone. I have love pouring in from all over. :D I'm often grateful for the age in which I live. Even a mere 20 years ago, it would be so much harder to keep in touch with people, so much more expensive to get to hear my mom's voice for an hour when I miss her. Impossible to talk face-to-face with my husband when he's 4 provinces away.

Happy Birthday! It's good to hear that your family is safe. I understand how you feel about today's technology helping everyone stay in touch. I actually met my husband online about 10 years ago, so I'm also very thankful for technology. :)

JOR2012

Sep 26, 2012
Hello everyone!
We received DM April 18,
but no landing interview yet....
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I'm freaking out!!!!!!!!!!!

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Thanks, Wortip! The hubby and I met online, too, despite living about 3 km from each other at the time, haha. And online contact has been INVALUABLE in keeping us connected to one another through a deployment and two courses away from home.

JOR2012, that has to be so frustrating. :( To be sooooo close to the end, but not hear anything for so long. Have you called to ask about an interview? I've read that some other members on here called weekly, until finally getting some answers about 8 weeks after DM. Good luck!

JOR2012

Sep 26, 2012
Hi,
Yes we called last week and today, But they just say for us to wait 2 more weeks and if we don't receive anything, to call back :(

I just want it to finish soon

Simon88

Feb 18, 2013
Mtl, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2012
Doc's Request.
15-08-2012
AOR Received.
01-12-2012
Med's Done....
15-08-2012
LANDED..........
10-06-2013
Hey Everyone,

Me and my wife had our landing interview on Monday. It was nice and smooth. We brought all our documents. And the whole thing took around 1 hours because the lady was looking for my wife's passport since the officer had ceased it in the past. I just want to say that I am very thankful to God for really making the whole process a smooth one.

For those who doesn't know, my wife was a denied refugee back in 2011. It was crazy and we thought that things would not work out. No matter where we went to look for help (Lawyer, Consultants, deputy rep, etc.) it was a dead end for us. Everybody was telling us that this will be rejected. But I want to say that we came through and after 6 years of feeling helpless, my wife finally have a home to stay at. I love her and I am happy for the fact that she no longer worries about where she'll end up at tomorrow.

For those who are in a similar situation as us, don't give up. As someone mentioned in this forum, your best strategy would be to get as educated as possible on the topic and don't waste time. For us, we realized that our time was actually pretty tight. In fact, we submitted our sponsorship AFTER the PRRA had started though we got our PRRA results 5 months later. Here is a brief timeline:

Wife arrived in Canada (07/2007)
Met my wife (then-girlfriend) (01/2010) --> Learned about her case and everything on immigration.
Refugee denial (01/2011) --> Re-appealed.
Response for re-appeal (06/2011) --> Rejected again, thus we waited and look for other resources.
Proposed to my wife (12/2011)
Parents applied for PRRA without us knowing (05/2012)
Married (08/2012)
Applied for Sponsorship (09/2012)
PRRA Response (02/2013) --> Need to leave Canada by 04/22/2013
AIP received (03/2013) --> Gives a stay of removal for my wife... Hurray!
Landed (06/2013) --> No longer to be deported! Best of all, she gets to stay with me ;D

It was tough for us. We worried and stressed for many years without rest. The worst is that she never really thought about the fact that she will be settled. But thank God, we made it.

Thank you everybody for helping. For people who are still waiting, I can tell you that many lawyers SUCKS. Knowledge is your best defence. Most of the time, when we went to see a lawyer and we knew everything on top of our head while the lawyer needed to check on his computer. This forum is rich in information. Don't feel shy to share your experience because not only will people answer your questions, but you will also be helpful to someone else.

Good luck everybody! And please expect that you will be taught to be patient in this process if you aren't already.

Simon

kidvicious1

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2012
AOR Received.
12/10/2012
Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
12/04/2012 Re-done Jan 2012
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
Happy for you Simon!! Very hard to read stories like yours knowing how you both must have felt through it all.

Simon88

Feb 18, 2013
Mtl, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2012
Doc's Request.
15-08-2012
AOR Received.
01-12-2012
Med's Done....
15-08-2012
LANDED..........
10-06-2013
To be honest with you, we felt like crap all the way and I took a risk thinking that if she needs to leave, at least there will still be a chance for her to stay here with me in the near future. I love her and wish for her to be happy and settled. Moreover, it makes me feel relieved to be able to see her safe.

Serenity482

Star Member
Sep 12, 2012
Magog, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012
LANDED..........
Got my landing interview in the post today!
26 June. So next week!! :D

it´s funny because i was at an institution today for a french course and i should come to an exam on the same day. well, Montréal is so much more important. ;)

On the letter from CIC Montreal is written, that i can apply for a new social insurance number directly there. thats such a great news. So i can work again soon!!