Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012
LANDED..........
thank you!! its a great feeling!!

I hope for you all, that its going fast too with your applications!!

neetu1

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2013
Doc's Request.
1 sept 2013-asked for PCC from canada
AOR Received.
june 2013
File Transfer...
RPRF request made on 29 october 2013
Med's Request
04/07/2013
Med's Done....
08/07/2013
Interview........
in process oct 23 2013 DM 25 nov 2013
Passport Req..
25 nov 2013 Passport sent 26 nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
27 nov 2013; ppt recieved 13 december 2013
LANDED..........
15 dec 2013
I applied for Federal PR after getting CSQ on 21st April and now after almost 2 months we got an email yesterday from CIC intake office that our application has been received on 25th April. They also gave us UCI number and some other numbers.My question is what will be next step and how long it will take for the rest process? Is it normal to get even confirmation about file after 2 months of applying? Anyone has any idea what will happen next and when?

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Next is a lot of waiting. There are two stages. At the end of Stage 1, you will receive AIP (approval in principle). Stage 1 is estimated by CIC to take around 6 months from receipt of the app, but a lot of us are experiencing longer wait times (I'm over 8 months with no AIP yet). Stage 2 is estimated by CIC to take around 8 months, but seems to vary wildly in reality.

Sure, it's normal enough to get AOR (acknowledgement of receipt) after two months. My app arrived in October, and I got AOR in January.

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/vo0di9.png[/IMG]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just thought I'd check in to see how everyone is doing.

Congratulations Serenity of completing the whole process!

For my application, tomorrow is 4 months since my AIP was issued. I just hope it was put on hold for 4 months. If not then I have a lot more waiting as my medical expires the middle of July. I do know that if the final decision has been made and it is only the medical which expired, they can extend the medical for 6 months, but only if everything else is complete.

MsJMo

May 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
08-08-2012
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
AIP 23 October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 24 October 2013
Hi jg84, we're doing well, although stressing a lot! This slow down really has us worried too. It's been 7 months now since we applied, CSQ went sent to CIC in March, and we still do not have an AIP yet. We're lucky that we're together - I know some people are apart, but my guy would sure like to work again! :)

Hopefully that "October 8th" date will start moving along. Our medicals were done in August last year as well, so we're wondering whether we'll need to redo them.

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
Hi everyone, im a march 2013 qc applicant, but i couldnt find a threat on that.. so, for reference, ill stick here with you :D
I would like to have an opinion, I see that a lot of you got AIP just after getting CSQ ... I sent my csq to cic on may and still no word, when we called to ask if they received, they said is "confidential" and "if any document is missing, we will contact you" in the ecas they say they started processing on march 14. I know theres a 6 month wait.. but why everyone gets aip so fast after csq, and not us :( also I'll like to now, with the aip letter + csq I can go ask for ramq right? and, anyone who sent an owp after getting aip? how long would it take to get it approuved? I wanna send an app right now (i didnt sent one with my original package...huge mistake) but the agent on phone told us not to, cuz it might get lost.. so we were better waiting for aip to file an app for owp.
any advices? thanks a lot guys!

ps. is it true that once u get aip is pretty unlikely that they'll deny PR? what can make them change their mind? (appart from meds and crim)

kanadskazena

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
None requested
Passport Req..
AIP 16-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
DM 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
09-01-2014
Hi all,

Congratulations to Serenity for it being over!! Enjoy your new life being a full person again (joke!) in Canada!

And jg84, I feel your pain. It does seem like DM's are being issued from time to time, if you look over on the Inland Applicants 2012 forum. So hopefully yours will be next.

MaxLet, I'm not an expert at all, but it seems that almost no one who applied after October 2012 has gotten their AIP, regardless of when they received their CSQ. The spreadsheet in jg84's signature shows this. However, when I called to ask about my husband's CSQ, they told me that it had been received (this was approximately two months after I received it in the mail, if I remember correctly). So you might try calling again. I get the impression from reading the forum that the CIC call centre is inconsistent in the information it gives out.

On another topic, does anyone else on this forum wish that they had applied outland? My husband would have applied through the Vienna office and based on the Vienna office and November 2012 outland forums, it seems very likely that he would have landed already if he had applied outland. Just wondering if I'm alone in thinking about what might have been! In retrospect, a trip back to see his family, if we'd had to have an interview, would not have been the end of the world.

Good luck hurrying up and waiting to everyone on here!

kanadskazena

Serenity482

Star Member
Sep 12, 2012
Magog, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012
LANDED..........
Thank you JG84 and kanadskazena!!
i am really happy!! all the stress is gone!!

@kanadskazena

i don't know if its really so much faster in vienna. i thought about that too but i read from some people who also needed more than one year. so i am happy with my inland application. nearly everything went good ;)

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
kanadskazena said:
Hi all,

Congratulations to Serenity for it being over!! Enjoy your new life being a full person again (joke!) in Canada!

And jg84, I feel your pain. It does seem like DM's are being issued from time to time, if you look over on the Inland Applicants 2012 forum. So hopefully yours will be next.

MaxLet, I'm not an expert at all, but it seems that almost no one who applied after October 2012 has gotten their AIP, regardless of when they received their CSQ. The spreadsheet in jg84's signature shows this. However, when I called to ask about my husband's CSQ, they told me that it had been received (this was approximately two months after I received it in the mail, if I remember correctly). So you might try calling again. I get the impression from reading the forum that the CIC call centre is inconsistent in the information it gives out.

On another topic, does anyone else on this forum wish that they had applied outland? My husband would have applied through the Vienna office and based on the Vienna office and November 2012 outland forums, it seems very likely that he would have landed already if he had applied outland. Just wondering if I'm alone in thinking about what might have been! In retrospect, a trip back to see his family, if we'd had to have an interview, would not have been the end of the world.

Good luck hurrying up and waiting to everyone on here!

kanadskazena
That's the case for me. I received my CSQ in late February. I sent an inquiry to CIC by email, and on March 16, they confirmed that my CSQ had been received and attached to my application. Still no AIP.

And I really, really wish I had applied outland now. For me, it's not really about the timeline. I would have applied through the Buffalo office, which has since closed, so that could have caused its own delays and problems. It's the travel restriction that is maddening for me, especially with the slow down at CIC. I live in Québec, and I could pretty easily road trip down to New York to see a few friends that live there, if only I wasn't putting my application at risk by doing so. I also really miss my family (almost a year since I've seen any of them now), and I wish I could visit.

yzado

Jul 4, 2013
I am just beginning the process to sponsor my husband who already lives in Qc with me on a visitor visa. Any of you can help me understand when to pay what fees? Is it better to pay everything (sponsorship application, principal applicant, open work permit and permanent residence) or do I only have to pay for the sponsorship application fee first and pay the rest once my sponsorship has been approved? Thanks for you help!

kanadskazena

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
None requested
Passport Req..
AIP 16-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
DM 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
09-01-2014
QuebecOkie said:
And I really, really wish I had applied outland now. For me, it's not really about the timeline. I would have applied through the Buffalo office, which has since closed, so that could have caused its own delays and problems. It's the travel restriction that is maddening for me, especially with the slow down at CIC. I live in Québec, and I could pretty easily road trip down to New York to see a few friends that live there, if only I wasn't putting my application at risk by doing so. I also really miss my family (almost a year since I've seen any of them now), and I wish I could visit.
I feel bad for you, QuebecOkie. I guess that, what with all the delays it would cause and difficulties with visitor's records and so on, there's no point in withdrawing your current application and reapplying outland, is there? I gather from your posts that you aren't expecting to have a job immediately after you land, so perhaps it's not too far-fetched an idea...except for the money and the French classes, I guess. Do you know if anyone in your exact situation on the forums has traveled while they were waiting? My husband, for example, from a visa-exempt country, has traveled a lot, but he has a work permit in his own right.

I hope your friends and family can come up and visit you in the meantime, in any case. Like you say, it's not far to New York, and in fact train tickets can be very cheap between NYC and Montreal...

kanadskazena

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
kanadskazena said:
I feel bad for you, QuebecOkie. I guess that, what with all the delays it would cause and difficulties with visitor's records and so on, there's no point in withdrawing your current application and reapplying outland, is there? I gather from your posts that you aren't expecting to have a job immediately after you land, so perhaps it's not too far-fetched an idea...except for the money and the French classes, I guess. Do you know if anyone in your exact situation on the forums has traveled while they were waiting? My husband, for example, from a visa-exempt country, has traveled a lot, but he has a work permit in his own right.

I hope your friends and family can come up and visit you in the meantime, in any case. Like you say, it's not far to New York, and in fact train tickets can be very cheap between NYC and Montreal...

kanadskazena
Aww, thanks. I really don't have it so bad. I get frustrated, but I try to remind myself that at some point in the future (not TOO far away, in the grand scheme of things), I'll get AIP, be able to get into the French class, and time will march along until I get PR. It gets hard because life is pretty small up here, and my husband has to be away for long periods, but I really shouldn't whine. He's home now, and about to go into a process at work that means he probably will stay home for perhaps 6 months or more before he has to leave again. And hopefully my sis will make it up to visit. My nephew is at a bad age to travel (about to turn two), and my sis has never left the U.S. before, so she's not comfortable bringing him yet.

But, life is good. The husband and I are heading down to Montreal for a couple of days to see my brother-in-law, and we have steaks marinating to throw on the grill in celebration of America's Independence Day this evening. :)

Hindsight is 20/20, and if I had it to do over, I'd go outland. But this can't last forever. RIGHT?!?!? :D

neetu1

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2013
Doc's Request.
1 sept 2013-asked for PCC from canada
AOR Received.
june 2013
File Transfer...
RPRF request made on 29 october 2013
Med's Request
04/07/2013
Med's Done....
08/07/2013
Interview........
in process oct 23 2013 DM 25 nov 2013
Passport Req..
25 nov 2013 Passport sent 26 nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
27 nov 2013; ppt recieved 13 december 2013
LANDED..........
15 dec 2013
We got an email today about medical request they want us to do our medicals and send reports. I don't know how long it will take after this. And doctors do tell you that your medicals are okay or they just send reports to them secretly. I have no disease still worried about all this that why they need medicals?? :p

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
neetu1 said:
We got an email today about medical request they want us to do our medicals and send reports. I don't know how long it will take after this. And doctors do tell you that your medicals are okay or they just send reports to them secretly. I have no disease still worried about all this that why they need medicals?? :p
Hi, Neetu!

CIC says that if you apply to immigrate to Canada, you must have a medical exam before you come to Canada. Even though You are already in Canada and even if you are very healthy, you need to have medical exams.

Doctors tell you nothing about results of medical exams. They send results to CIC directly and they will give you a receipt and might give you a paper as a proof that you had medical exams. After medical exams, You just send a receipt and a paper to CIC.

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
yzado said:
I am just beginning the process to sponsor my husband who already lives in Qc with me on a visitor visa. Any of you can help me understand when to pay what fees? Is it better to pay everything (sponsorship application, principal applicant, open work permit and permanent residence) or do I only have to pay for the sponsorship application fee first and pay the rest once my sponsorship has been approved? Thanks for you help!
Hi, Yzado.

I don't know which is better. But my husband (sponsor) and I (applicant) paid everything. Then we sent applications for PR and for OWP. :)