Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/vo0di9.png[/IMG]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stine said:
What are the specifications for the photos that I need to bring to the medical examination? Same as for the visa application?

Also, can anyone give recommendations for translators in the Montréal or Sherbrooke area? I need to have my birth certificate translated from German to English.

Thanks!
I was asked for 4 passport sized photos. I don't know if you will need 4. Where I went to do my medical, you did the tests in 3 different places, 2 doctors surgeries in the same building and a place next door which did the blood test.

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Serenity482 said:
Yes you are right. in Germany there is mostly english speaking music. German music is coming but its mostly not as good.
But its also very important in germany to speak english. Well at least in the bigger cities. i was living in cologne and it was very international. :)
Its cool that you have been to germany. what did you liked there most and what didnt you like?
I was in britain a few times. but mostly for conventions. i was a little buffy the vampire slayer freak *haha* So i went to london, brighton and blackpoool.
ohh permanent resident. i dont like waiting... :D but i hope AIP will come soon and my new open work permit, so i don't have to stay in fear, that i maybe have to go back... and you? I can't wait to have my permanent resident card and live and work as i want to. :)

oh and by the way.. i am 30. and you?
Yeah I've been to Germany about 5 or 6 times. We went to an outdoor festival in Kassel one year and there was 1 stage playing Germany music, the rest were English. Lady GAGA was big at the time. One of her earlier songs, I can't remember which.

Yeah your right, everywhere you went people know English. Every-time we went to Germany with the Pendle-Kassel Exchange, we always stayed with a teacher and her husband who is a head teacher, 2 different high schools in Kassel but her English is perfect, she is an English teacher.

I've been to Frankfurt, Hamelin, well quite a few places within a few hours from kassel, because of the exchange.

I like how Germany is very clean and well kept. Like Kassel is immaculate, like the floor in the city centre is clean and the roads / paths aren't broken. I like the trams because it is easy to get about, most countries scrapped them and now are bringing them back. I guess Germany has brought them back? I like the frankfurters and I liked in Hamelin, the rat poison. All the tourist shops sell a strong alochol called Rat Poison, well the German name. I bought some and we got pissed on the coach, we finished the bottle.

A bad thing, once when we were in Germany, the engine on my parents car blew up... it needed a new engine. The car was taken to a garage in Kassel, but when we tried to pay, they said they didn't accept the card (it was a mastercard). We had no other payment method, so we had to contact the British Embassy so they could help us. Basically this went on for a few days. In the end the British Embassy sorted it out, so we pay a second garage and the second garage would then pay the first garage.

So after that we drove the car out of the garage, just got on to the road and no brakes... stopped the car immediately, looked underneath and their is brake fluid pouring out of the car.

It was just outside the garage on the roadside, we went back into the garage to tell them, they apologised etc but very dangerous... Anyway the car had to be left with them. We went back a few days later to collect the car, once they fixed it.

We go in and he isn't smiling - because the car had no brake fluid, they could not move it. They left it on the roadside over night. Sometime in the night, someone had slashed all 4 tyres on the car (probably because it had a British number plate).

They showed us the tyres but because it was the garages fault that it had to be left by the roadside, they had to cover the cost of replacement tyres.

lol the conventions must have been fun, I have never been to a convention. So you were a bit of a groupie then?

Yeah well you are close to getting the AIP and Open Work Permit now... As long as you've provided enough proof, it will all be good. Did you send the police check and medical when you sent the application?

I'm 28.

JOR2012

Sep 26, 2012
Just a a quick question,
you guys receiving OWP , the OWP is normally for how long, I mean, they expire in a year or less? just cause I was reading that people are receiving OWP valide for 6 months ... just thinking if we dont have PR till there...

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JOR2012 said:
Just a a quick question,
you guys receiving OWP , the OWP is normally for how long, I mean, they expire in a year or less? just cause I was reading that people are receiving OWP valide for 6 months ... just thinking if we dont have PR till there...
On the forms I filled out to extend my Open Work Permit, which I sent with my inland sponsorship application, I asked for 2 years. Actually when I received the work permit, I got much longer - It expires on the 3 August 2015.

I did read in the official manual that work permits sent with the sponsorship application usually last a maximum of one year because there is no need for any longer (you should have PR by then) and if for any reason you didn't get Permanent Resident, you have status in Canada for a long time....

It really is based on what you asked for on the form and what the officer who is doing your file decides.

neetu1

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2013
Doc's Request.
1 sept 2013-asked for PCC from canada
AOR Received.
june 2013
File Transfer...
RPRF request made on 29 october 2013
Med's Request
04/07/2013
Med's Done....
08/07/2013
Interview........
in process oct 23 2013 DM 25 nov 2013
Passport Req..
25 nov 2013 Passport sent 26 nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
27 nov 2013; ppt recieved 13 december 2013
LANDED..........
15 dec 2013
HELLO,
I got my CSQ last Month from Montreal and now preparing my file for FEDERAL. I have one question if anyone has answer to it please do reply..........I have a valid work permit (valid till 2015) but my TRV( temporary resident visa) is expired as I don't have any near future plans to go backhome so I don't want to renew it and waste money. My question is as TRV is only required to come back from your home country so still I need it before filing PR or just a valid work permit will be fine? Actually I applied for PCC few days back and right now waiting for it and when I will get it I will apply for FEDERAL so I don't want to delay my application for unnecessary TRV I just want to ask somepone who had similar experience before.

Thanks

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neetu1 said:
HELLO,
I got my CSQ last Month from Montreal and now preparing my file for FEDERAL. I have one question if anyone has answer to it please do reply..........I have a valid work permit (valid till 2015) but my TRV( temporary resident visa) is expired as I don't have any near future plans to go backhome so I don't want to renew it and waste money. My question is as TRV is only required to come back from your home country so still I need it before filing PR or just a valid work permit will be fine? Actually I applied for PCC few days back and right now waiting for it and when I will get it I will apply for FEDERAL so I don't want to delay my application for unnecessary TRV I just want to ask somepone who had similar experience before.

Thanks
No you do not need a TRV as your Work Permit Gives you a status in Canada.

The only reason you may want to get a TRV is if you are planning on travelling outside of Canada. So you can get back into Canada. The work permit does not automatically give you entry back into Canada (as I'm guessing you are from a country which needs a visa to enter Canada). Without a TRV, you may not be able to leave Canada for around 1 year after you apply. It could possibly be longer than one year.

Can I ask which country you are from? I'm guessing India as you said PCC.
Which province are you in?
Which application are you applying for?

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JOR2012 said:
Thank u so much @ JG84!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i will do it ASAP
Your welcome, ok cool.

Sending the medical confirmation through the post can delay the final decision for a couple of months...

For the second stage, you need the medical, the police checks for anywhere lived over 6 months (not including Canada), they do a RCMP background check for Canada.

Once they have the medical confirmation and you have done the police checks already? Then it is just time for them to complete the RCMP background check. I know for the RCMP background check, when they referred you to apply to the MICC for the CSQ, at the same time they also request the RCMP background check to be made for your file.

They could be completed already, if not it shouldn't take to much longer as the RCMP have had the request for a while. The timeline for the RCMP background check is 1 week to 3 months. There is no exact timeline for them to be completed.

Btw, the officer will be happy with the medical confirmation coming by fax because once the medical, police checks and RCMP background check are complete, the officer sends you the Final Decision and then CPC Vegreville no longer deal with your file, it goes to the local CIC Office in your area. It is them who schedule the landing to get the permanent resident papers. The officer at CPC Vegreville therefore can remove one file from their case load.

Stine

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-06-2014
File Transfer...
06-06-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
18-12-2014/rcvd PRC 29-01-2015
I came to Canada to live with my sponsor last fall and we plan on applying under common-law in September 2013. I am going back to Germany for a 2 weeks holiday this summer. Will our relation-ship still be regarded as "common-law" even if the first year of living together is interrupted for those two weeks?

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In-case any was interested, these are the things which are checked for stage 2 of the Sponsorship Process. (taken from the official manual).

Are there concerns about the applicant including:
; Security?
; Human or international rights violation?
; Financial reasons?*
; Criminality/Serious criminality?
; Security?
; Health grounds?*
; Misrepresentation?
; Inadmissible family member?
*Taking into account relevant exceptions made for the in-Canada class (e.g.
excessive demand provisions)

The Excessive Demand Provision, what that means is:

It is your 'medical results', if they show something which could be a financial burden on the Canadian Health System. It does not matter as Spouses and Common-law Partners are exempt from this rule.

The official wording is here:

The excessive demand ground of inadmissibility does not apply in the case of a foreign national who:

a) Is a member of the Family Class (a spouse, common-law partner or child of a sponsor who is seeking permanent residence).

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stine said:
I came to Canada to live with my sponsor last fall and we plan on applying under common-law in September 2013. I am going back to Germany for a 2 weeks holiday this summer. Will our relation-ship still be regarded as "common-law" even if the first year of living together is interrupted for those two weeks?
Yes because 2 weeks or less is classed as a holiday.

If you provide a joint bank statement, it would show your address for the month you travel anyway.

All they really want to know is did you live together for 1 year, if you provide 12 joint bank statements for the address you lived together for the 12 months prior to them receiving the application. So for example they received my application August 2012. They wanted evidence, August 2011 to August 2012.

neetu1

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2013
Doc's Request.
1 sept 2013-asked for PCC from canada
AOR Received.
june 2013
File Transfer...
RPRF request made on 29 october 2013
Med's Request
04/07/2013
Med's Done....
08/07/2013
Interview........
in process oct 23 2013 DM 25 nov 2013
Passport Req..
25 nov 2013 Passport sent 26 nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
27 nov 2013; ppt recieved 13 december 2013
LANDED..........
15 dec 2013
jg84 said:
No you do not need a TRV as your Work Permit Gives you a status in Canada.

The only reason you may want to get a TRV is if you are planning on travelling outside of Canada. So you can get back into Canada. The work permit does not automatically give you entry back into Canada (as I'm guessing you are from a country which needs a visa to enter Canada). Without a TRV, you may not be able to leave Canada for around 1 year after you apply. It could possibly be longer than one year.

Can I ask which country you are from? I'm guessing India as you said PCC.
Which province are you in?
Which application are you applying for?
Thank you very much that's what I was assuming I don't need a TRV as I have valid work permit it was just to confirm my assumption as it was written on the document checklist to provide photocopy of pages showing your visa if you are living in any another country than the country you are citizen of. So I am just waiting for PCC and as soon I will recieve it I will file my federal application.As I came from India last month so I don't have any future plans to go back soon so I guess it wold be fine.

I got CSQ under Quebec skilled category.
Yes, You are right I am from India.
Currently, I am living in Quebec.

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
Stine said:
Also, can anyone give recommendations for translators in the Montréal or Sherbrooke area? I need to have my birth certificate translated from German to English.

Thanks!
For my German wife's driver license translation to french (for the exchange at SAAQ) we went to :
http://asiatis.ca/fr/contact/
Might not be the cheapest however at it was 57.45$ with taxes for it.
Might be worth to get a quotation.

Serenity482

Star Member
Sep 12, 2012
Magog, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012
LANDED..........
jg84 said:
Yeah well you are close to getting the AIP and Open Work Permit now... As long as you've provided enough proof, it will all be good. Did you send the police check and medical when you sent the application?

I'm 28.
Oh damn, with the garages in Germany, thats a big problem. I hated it always to go there. But it must have been a lot of trouble for you!! :(

Yeah i hope AIP will come soon. Maybe the next weeks. I send everything directly with my application, so i think it should be fast. ;D
Today i got my translation, that i have learned the job as a nurse. i have to send it to the ordre des infirmières and when they accept it, i can finally work in a hospital again. yahoooo :)

What are you working? how is it going with your french?

Stine

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-06-2014
File Transfer...
06-06-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
18-12-2014/rcvd PRC 29-01-2015
Following questions can be found in form IMM0008:
7a Have you received your CSQ?
7b If yes, please indicate the number.
7c If no, when did you apply for your CSQ?

Does anyone know if I can leave these questions blank - I do not have a CSQ nor have I ever applied for one...?