Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/vo0di9.png[/IMG]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
QuebecOkie said:
Well, DARN! Time to come up with a new plan, then, eh? :p
Lol I don't know why they had to specifically indicate that on work permits, they didn't use to.

You don't need to worry though, once you have permanent residence, no one can stop you working in the sex industry. :)

Stine

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-06-2014
File Transfer...
06-06-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
18-12-2014/rcvd PRC 29-01-2015
jg84 said:
Yes proof of income is not required for Quebec.

As you may know, in Quebec there is an extra step, applying for the Quebec Selection Certificate.
(You don't need to worry about it till later in the application).

In terms of finance, (when you do the CSQ). All Quebec asks for are:

1. Your Sponsor - A previous undertaking to sponsor a spouse, de facto spouse or conjugal partner has come to an end.

2.The sponsor has not been declared bankrupt within a certain time period.

3. The sponsor must not receive financial assistance of last resort (social assistance) except allowances related to your age or a disability that poses obstacles to employment that are serious, permanent or of indefinite duration

Hope that helps!
All clear now, thanks a lot!

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Serenity482 said:
Yeah Magog is really little but special. you would like it!!
I have seen pink 4 times in germany and she is really good. I miss going to concerts here but they are so expensive! And you??
For me as a german its not so difficult to live here. its really european here. I just have some troubles with the language. :D
And you? The poeple here in Quebec are very friendly. A big difference is the privacy. The people kiss each other cheeks and stuff. thats funny but in germany you dont do this with strangers.. :D
You could show us around Magog lol. I would why is that?
It sounds like you fit in well with your surroundings.

Ok so your in love with pink. I noticed while in Germany often it was English spoken music being played. I haven't been to many concerts. The main thing I have been to is V-Festival, a 3 day festival with loads of big artists.

Yeah the kiss thing, we use to go to France every year and I use to hate that. I had French friends in University and yeah they use to go around doing the kiss thing. Nope your right about Germany and the kissing, Britain is just the same.

I use to go to Germany every alternate year as part of Pendle, Kassel exchange. I have also been to Germany with family.

You seem pretty nice, friendly etc.

I know I can't ask people but I sometimes wonder what the ages of people are who are emigrating to Canada. It would just be interesting to know.

Anyway how are you finding the all Permanent Resident application?

Serenity482

Star Member
Sep 12, 2012
Magog, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012
LANDED..........
jg84 said:
You could show us around Magog lol. I would why is that?
It sounds like you fit in well with your surroundings.

Ok so your in love with pink. I noticed while in Germany often it was English spoken music being played. I haven't been to many concerts. The main thing I have been to is V-Festival, a 3 day festival with loads of big artists.

Yeah the kiss thing, we use to go to France every year and I use to hate that. I had French friends in University and yeah they use to go around doing the kiss thing. Nope your right about Germany and the kissing, Britain is just the same.

I use to go to Germany every alternate year as part of Pendle, Kassel exchange. I have also been to Germany with family.

You seem pretty nice, friendly etc.

I know I can't ask people but I sometimes wonder what the ages of people are who are emigrating to Canada. It would just be interesting to know.

Anyway how are you finding the all Permanent Resident application?
Yes you are right. in Germany there is mostly english speaking music. German music is coming but its mostly not as good.
But its also very important in germany to speak english. Well at least in the bigger cities. i was living in cologne and it was very international. :)
Its cool that you have been to germany. what did you liked there most and what didnt you like?
I was in britain a few times. but mostly for conventions. i was a little buffy the vampire slayer freak *haha* So i went to london, brighton and blackpoool.
ohh permanent resident. i dont like waiting... :D but i hope AIP will come soon and my new open work permit, so i don't have to stay in fear, that i maybe have to go back... and you? I can't wait to have my permanent resident card and live and work as i want to. :)

oh and by the way.. i am 30. and you?

Stine

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-06-2014
File Transfer...
06-06-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
jg84 said:
Are you filling all the forms out for the application now? If so are you married or common-law?
We will apply under common-law in September this year, which is when our 12 months of living together will be completed. So I still have lots of time to complete the forms, however, I do want to be prepared and gather useful information today. I am the organized type of person that panics when there are too many unknown factors ;D

Speaking of which, does anyone know where I can take fingerprints in Québec? Can I just show up at any police station and they will do it for me?
I lived in the US for a while and need to apply for a police certificate with the FBI.

Thanks!

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stine said:
We will apply under common-law in September this year, which is when our 12 months of living together will be completed. So I still have lots of time to complete the forms, however, I do want to be prepared and gather useful information today. I am the organized type of person that panics when there are too many unknown factors ;D

Speaking of which, does anyone know where I can take fingerprints in Québec? Can I just show up at any police station and they will do it for me?
I lived in the US for a while and need to apply for a police certificate with the FBI.

Thanks!
Ok so you have a while to sort everything, very organised, it took me a while to get everything together. You are right, It is best to know everything before it happens.

I don't know if you know these details but they may come in handy.

For the proof of the 12 months common-law relationship, living together, I highly recommend you send 12 months worth of joint bank statements if you have them.

If you don't, separate letters with your name and address on each for the 12 months. I did common-law also, (we have lived together for 5 years), I gave loads of info like lease etc, loads of proof like photos, holidays, my Quebec driving licence showing the addresses we have lived in Quebec, some bank statements, other things with our address and that still wasn't enough. In the end she wanted 3 joint bank statements about 4 months apart showing the 12 month period. Honestly though if you have it, send a joint bank statement for all of the 12 months; you only need the 1st page of each. They are not checking them for finance reasons, it doesn't matter what money is in them, it is just to check that you lived together for 12 months. The process will be simpler if you do. If you don't have a joint bank account, I advise you get one as soon as possible and use other evidence for the months where you didn't have a joint bank account.

For Medical and Police Check, for places where you have lived (person sponsored) more than 6 months. If you plan to do the Medical and Police Check and send it with the application, THEY MUST BE DONE WITHIN 3 MONTHS OF SENDING THE APPLICATION.

Also if your application takes more than 12 months to complete. Your medical and police checks expire after 12 months when they were issued and you MUST redo them, costing you both TIME and MONEY. The problem, do them at the start and they could expire before the Permanent Resident is given. Do they them later and it can hold up your application.

Every-time something is sent from you to CPC Vegreville - they go into a post room where they sit for a few weeks to a couple of months (I don't want to give an exact timeline). The least amount of times you need to send something to them, it helps keep the time down for processing the application and the medical and police check not to expire.

I do have a solution for you though if you don't want to send the medical and police check at the start. I have the fax number and I know how to get it to the person processing your file, they get the fax the same day you send it, rather than it sitting in a mail room. I think one of the reasons they sit in a mail room for a while is for security reasons (explosives etc). As you can imagine, someone denied a visa to live or stay in Canada....

The finger prints, I am not sure about but I know a lot of different places do them, you can check this place out if you are in Montreal, Laval or Quebec City. (For the UK police check, I didn't have to do them).

http://www.redsealnotary.com/public-canada/quebec/quebec-city.html

JOR2012

Sep 26, 2012
HI EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE FINALLY RECEIVED AIP TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

AND THE EMAIL ASKING THE MEDICALS THAT MY HUSBAND DID YESTERDAY AND SAYING THAT HE GOT THE WORK PERMIT APPROUVED!!!!!!!!!

NOW ITS WAIT TO HAVE IT IN HANDS!!!!!!

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JOR2012 said:
HI EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE FINALLY RECEIVED AIP TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

AND THE EMAIL ASKING THE MEDICALS THAT MY HUSBAND DID YESTERDAY AND SAYING THAT HE GOT THE WORK PERMIT APPROUVED!!!!!!!!!

NOW ITS WAIT TO HAVE IT IN HANDS!!!!!!
Congrats! It takes about 1 week for the work permit to arrive.

If you fax the medical receipt you got yesterday to CPC Vegreville, you will save time. I can let you know how to do it if you want.

(You can't just fax it, you have to let them know which officer it is for).
If you do it by post, it will delay your application for the final decision, by quite a while.

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is the Quebec Inland Sponsorship Chart,

If you right click on the chart and click, open image in new tab, you will be able to see a larger version which is easier to read :) You can then zoom in further if you want by clicking on the chart.

Stine

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-06-2014
File Transfer...
06-06-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
jg84 said:
Ok so you have a while to sort everything, very organised, it took me a while to get everything together. You are right, It is best to know everything before it happens.

I don't know if you know these details but they may come in handy.

For the proof of the 12 months common-law relationship, living together, I highly recommend you send 12 months worth of joint bank statements if you have them.

If you don't, separate letters with your name and address on each for the 12 months. I did common-law also, (we have lived together for 5 years), I gave loads of info like lease etc, loads of proof like photos, holidays, my Quebec driving licence showing the addresses we have lived in Quebec, some bank statements, other things with our address and that still wasn't enough. In the end she wanted 3 joint bank statements about 4 months apart showing the 12 month period. Honestly though if you have it, send a joint bank statement for all of the 12 months; you only need the 1st page of each. They are not checking them for finance reasons, it doesn't matter what money is in them, it is just to check that you lived together for 12 months. The process will be simpler if you do. If you don't have a joint bank account, I advise you get one as soon as possible and use other evidence for the months where you didn't have a joint bank account.

For Medical and Police Check, for places where you have lived (person sponsored) more than 6 months. If you plan to do the Medical and Police Check and send it with the application, THEY MUST BE DONE WITHIN 3 MONTHS OF SENDING THE APPLICATION.

Also if your application takes more than 12 months to complete. Your medical and police checks expire after 12 months when they were issued and you MUST redo them, costing you both TIME and MONEY. The problem, do them at the start and they could expire before the Permanent Resident is given. Do they them later and it can hold up your application.

Every-time something is sent from you to CPC Vegreville - they go into a post room where they sit for a few weeks to a couple of months (I don't want to give an exact timeline). The least amount of times you need to send something to them, it helps keep the time down for processing the application and the medical and police check not to expire.

I do have a solution for you though if you don't want to send the medical and police check at the start. I have the fax number and I know how to get it to the person processing your file, they get the fax the same day you send it, rather than it sitting in a mail room. I think one of the reasons they sit in a mail room for a while is for security reasons (explosives etc). As you can imagine, someone denied a visa to live or stay in Canada....

The finger prints, I am not sure about but I know a lot of different places do them, you can check this place out if you are in Montreal, Laval or Quebec City. (For the UK police check, I didn't have to do them).

http://www.redsealnotary.com/public-canada/quebec/quebec-city.html
Thanks for the information provided, very helpful!

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stine said:
Thanks for the information provided, very helpful!
Your welcome, if you need to know anything else, just ask.

These are both if you don't have a joint bank account:

If you have a bank account, you can add the other person to the account. I know TD will only add someone who is on a student or work visa. They wouldn't as a visitor.

Or if you have a bank account where you pay monthly fees and you want to keep the bank account separate. So you don't pay more fees for a new bank account. Open a joint bank account with ING, they do not charge fees. They also give you money for opening the account. Refer someone and you get even more money.

We got a free $100 Apple Gift Card. At the moment I think the gift is $50 free.

They also have other benefits which you do not get on other bank accounts in Canada.

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JOR2012 said:
Hi JG84

yes please, tell me everything I should do
What you need to do is send the medical confirmation to them. You can send it by fax by doing this:

On the AIP you recieved, at the bottom of the second page, you will see something similar to this:

The picture is from my AIP, so it shows the officers' initials which is dealing with my case.

To send a fax to CPC Vegreville, you need the officers initials and the sponsored persons UCI Number. (If you don't include this information, they will throw the fax in the trash).

On the top of every page you send, you have to write, For the attention of MJK/I, UCI Number .............., Do that for every page you send! (Do as I have shown here but put the officers' initials shown on your AIP).

I would also include a cover page, just explaining that you are sending the confirmation for the medical results. Make sure you write the above info on the cover page also. I would also put a contact phone number on the cover page, just in-case.

Finally send it to fax number - 17806032695 (CPC Vegreville).

Stine

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-06-2014
File Transfer...
06-06-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
What are the specifications for the photos that I need to bring to the medical examination? Same as for the visa application?

Also, can anyone give recommendations for translators in the Montréal or Sherbrooke area? I need to have my birth certificate translated from German to English.

Thanks!