Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/vo0di9.png[/IMG]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stine said:
Following questions can be found in form IMM0008:
7a Have you received your CSQ?
7b If yes, please indicate the number.
7c If no, when did you apply for your CSQ?

Does anyone know if I can leave these questions blank - I do not have a CSQ nor have I ever applied for one...?
For 7a I put N/A and then left 7b and 7c blank.

If it is something which doesn't apply to you, try and put N/A. They want to know that you have read it and not just missed the question.

The reason they ask that is the form is generic and they use it for lots of different applications. Some applications, you have to do the CSQ first.

Somewhere in the guide, it says to put N/A for questions if they don't apply to you.

Stine

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-06-2014
File Transfer...
06-06-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
18-12-2014/rcvd PRC 29-01-2015
jg84 said:
For 7a I put N/A and then left 7b and 7c blank.

If it is something which doesn't apply to you, try and put N/A. They want to know that you have read it and not just missed the question.

The reason they ask that is the form is generic and they use it for lots of different applications. Some applications, you have to do the CSQ first.

Somewhere in the guide, it says to put N/A for questions if they don't apply to you.
Thanks for your answer. I knew about the fact that you should put N/A and not leave any questions blank but in this case there is only the option to tick Yes or No, but no option to write anything. In this case I guess I will leave it as is. I was just wondering if others did the same.

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stine said:
Thanks for your answer. I knew about the fact that you should put N/A and not leave any questions blank but in this case there is only the option to tick Yes or No, but no option to write anything. In this case I guess I will leave it as is. I was just wondering if others did the same.
Ok I couldn't fully remember, so as you said you can't write anything, I decided to go back and check my form (I saved copies of my completed forms on my computer).

For 7a, I ticked No
For 7b and 7c, I left blank.

It does though make more sense to leave all 3 blank (now that I have gone back and looked at the question again). The one thing I hated was the generic forms.

If you ever need to know any other questions, I can check how I did it on my forms.

neetu1

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2013
Doc's Request.
1 sept 2013-asked for PCC from canada
AOR Received.
june 2013
File Transfer...
RPRF request made on 29 october 2013
Med's Request
04/07/2013
Med's Done....
08/07/2013
Interview........
in process oct 23 2013 DM 25 nov 2013
Passport Req..
25 nov 2013 Passport sent 26 nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
27 nov 2013; ppt recieved 13 december 2013
LANDED..........
15 dec 2013
HI Everyone,
I have one more question if anyone can answer that one too. Actually this form is the one where I can see applicants already in montreal so this looks to be similar my sitution. Actually I have a work permit and CSQ right now but unfortunately I couldn't able to find any good job so I was planning to learn french for time being from MICC french courses schools. I applied for full time french course but they refused my application saying that as I haven't received PR yet I am not eligible for full time french courses, Is it true? Because someone told me I can learn french for free after CSQ. I called Immigration Quebec they are saying I can learn french by taking part time course. Anyone did this before? I cannot see any online application form for part time french course so does that mean I have to apply by mailing them everything? Please guide me what to do if anybody gone through similar situation.

Thanks

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neetu1 said:
HI Everyone,
I have one more question if anyone can answer that one too. Actually this form is the one where I can see applicants already in montreal so this looks to be similar my sitution. Actually I have a work permit and CSQ right now but unfortunately I couldn't able to find any good job so I was planning to learn french for time being from MICC french courses schools. I applied for full time french course but they refused my application saying that as I haven't received PR yet I am not eligible for full time french courses, Is it true? Because someone told me I can learn french for free after CSQ. I called Immigration Quebec they are saying I can learn french by taking part time course. Anyone did this before? I cannot see any online application form for part time french course so does that mean I have to apply by mailing them everything? Please guide me what to do if anybody gone through similar situation.

Thanks
Hi

Yes we all applied from Quebec. We are in similar positions but I think you applied for a different application than us. We applied for Spousal/Commonlaw Sponsorship in Quebec where you applied for Skilled Worker. There are similarities between them.

Anyway yes they are right about full time courses, you need a CSQ but also you need an Approval in Principle.

You should be accepted for part time French courses with just a CSQ.

This is a link for the part time courses. http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/langue-francaise/Liste-organismes-regions.pdf

*One thing to know is for French courses, you have a maximum of 1800 hours. A full time French course for 1 year is about 1,100 hours. So any hours you do part time, will decrease your allowance of 1,800 hours. If your not working, you get financial aid and travel costs for full time courses.

*Also part time courses you do not get any help such as free travel or financial aid.

neetu1

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
june 2013
File Transfer...
Med's Request
04/07/2013
Med's Done....
08/07/2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
15 dec 2013
jg84 said:
Hi

Yes we all applied from Quebec. We are in similar positions but I think you applied for a different application than us. We applied for Spousal/Commonlaw Sponsorship in Quebec where you applied for Skilled Worker. There are similarities between them.

Anyway yes they are right about full time courses, you need a CSQ but also you need an Approval in Principle.

You should be accepted for part time French courses with just a CSQ.

This is a link for the part time courses. http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/langue-francaise/Liste-organismes-regions.pdf

*One thing to know is for French courses, you have a maximum of 1800 hours. A full time French course for 1 year is about 1,100 hours. So any hours you do part time, will decrease your allowance of 1,800 hours. If your not working, you get financial aid and travel costs for full time courses.

*Also part time courses you do not get any help such as free travel or financial aid.

Thanks A lot For Your help.
Yes I heard about that I need Pr and CSQ for full time french courses but I can get into Part time french course So I am planning for them now. I called MICC they told me I won't get any financial aid but that's fine as I am thinking to study part time french for first few months until I will get federal approved and then if I would need I can do full time course. Actually me and my husband both came as international students and then later on applied for CSQ from Montreal. My husband already got a job but I haven't got so far So I decided to learn french for time being as that can increase my chances of getting job.Let's see I contacted few schools nearby and bad part is there is no online application forms for part time courses I need to apply paper application .

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ neetu1, So are you applying for the skilled worker programme?

Also on your work permit or other relevant documents, what code, does it have? On the work permit, the code is on the top left. Depending on the code, you maybe eligible for full time French courses.

If you have any of these

Visitor Record, code 17
Work Permit, code 27
Study Permit, code 37

You can also do full time French courses.

kanadskazena

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
None requested
Passport Req..
AIP 16-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
DM 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
09-01-2014
Got my husband's CSQ today, 30 days after taking it in person to the office in Montreal and 20 days after the credit card was charged. (It is dated two days ago and the postmark is yesterday.) The cover letter isn't very clear about whether you need to send it or not and although all posters on here confirmed that MICC should mail it to CIC automatically, I still called CIC to check. CIC said that although it ought to be sent automatically, they still advised unofficially that you send CIC the CSQ so that, "in case of problems between Immigration Canada and Quebec, you would have done what you were supposed to do." So, I guess I'll send it to them (MICC sends two copies, one for the applicant and the other for CIC just in case).

Good luck to everyone else who is waiting that everything goes quickly. QuebecOkie, I was up at Valcartier at the beginning of the week (in the research part, not the barracks), so I can understand a little bit of what you are going through. Definitely different than the part of Montreal I'm in, which is mostly French-speaking but still has a smattering of English speakers whom you overhear from time to time. I hope you get through everything OK.

kanadskazena

kanadskazena

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
None requested
Passport Req..
AIP 16-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
DM 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
09-01-2014
Oh, and thank you very much, jg84, for the beautiful and useful spreadsheet and the link to it in your signature.

kanadskazena

neetu1

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
june 2013
File Transfer...
Med's Request
04/07/2013
Med's Done....
08/07/2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
15 dec 2013
jg84 said:
@ neetu1, So are you applying for the skilled worker programme?

Also on your work permit or other relevant documents, what code, does it have? On the work permit, the code is on the top left. Depending on the code, you maybe eligible for full time French courses.

If you have any of these

Visitor Record, code 17
Work Permit, code 27
Study Permit, code 37

You can also do full time French courses.

I just checked my Work permit it says Case - 20 so according to info you provided I am not eligible for full time french courses I guess. I have Open work permit. I am planning to visit some nearby course centers to my location as from some sources I figured out part time courses are going to begin from April 8th so I guess I have to do everything before that.
Btw Thabk you very much I would must say You have very good knowledge about all these procedures and appreciate your help.

Thank You very Much.

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kanadskazena said:
Got my husband's CSQ today, 30 days after taking it in person to the office in Montreal and 20 days after the credit card was charged. (It is dated two days ago and the postmark is yesterday.) The cover letter isn't very clear about whether you need to send it or not and although all posters on here confirmed that MICC should mail it to CIC automatically, I still called CIC to check. CIC said that although it ought to be sent automatically, they still advised unofficially that you send CIC the CSQ so that, "in case of problems between Immigration Canada and Quebec, you would have done what you were supposed to do." So, I guess I'll send it to them (MICC sends two copies, one for the applicant and the other for CIC just in case).

Good luck to everyone else who is waiting that everything goes quickly. QuebecOkie, I was up at Valcartier at the beginning of the week (in the research part, not the barracks), so I can understand a little bit of what you are going through. Definitely different than the part of Montreal I'm in, which is mostly French-speaking but still has a smattering of English speakers whom you overhear from time to time. I hope you get through everything OK.

kanadskazena
Congrats on getting the CSQ. Hopefully it isn't long until you get the AIP.

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just thought I'd share this information with everyone.

All the applications currently being processed, every single person now has their CSQ. kanadskazena was the last one we were waiting for.

kanadskazena's was also the shortest time from application received to CSQ received - 108 days!!!

Below is the number of days from Application Received to CSQ Received for all applications currently being processed.

108 - kanadskazena

kanadskazena

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
None requested
Passport Req..
AIP 16-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
DM 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
09-01-2014
Wow, I didn't realize that it was such a short time between AOR and CSQ, compared with earlier applications! I can't figure out why--it was suggested a bit higher up the forum that Vegreville was trying to get rid of inland applications and I think I've also seen a suggestion they're asking for the CSQ earlier in the process, which could mean that, instead of getting the AIP in a few weeks (hopefully!), we might have to wait for a few months. I guess we'll have to be patient and see, just like everything else related to this game.

kanadskazena

sbea026

Feb 3, 2013
Quebec
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Got AIP today :D My wife woke me up with a phone call saying she got an email, so I hung up as quickly so I could to check mine... and there it was, 10mins latter I was on the phone to the RAMQ opening my file.

Great day

JG just looked at the spread sheet and was hopping you could correct it. AIP 14 March (I do like watching your timeline so I know whats going to happen in 2 weeks).

kidvicious1

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2012
AOR Received.
12/10/2012
Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
12/04/2012 Re-done Jan 2012
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
So many replies lately after just a few days, had a quick scan through. Seems a few new people on forum?
Also noticed Chickadee on the tracker says withdrawn?? Did I miss something?? What happened?