+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2012 Quebec Inland Applicants

snp30011

Mar 16, 2013
Regards, This is my first post(reply), can any of you guys add my Info to the spreadsheet?. I don't know how to do it.thank you.
Here's my info: snp30011

Application Received: October 23th 2012
AOR: December 20th 2012
Start processing file: December 20th 2012
CSQ Application Sent: February 1st 2013
CSQ Application Received: February 28th 2013
AIP: ?

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/vo0di9.png[/IMG]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
snp30011 said:
Regards, This is my first post(reply), can any of you guys add my Info to the spreadsheet?. I don't know how to do it.thank you.
Here's my info: snp30011

Application Received: October 23th 2012
AOR: December 20th 2012
Start processing file: December 20th 2012
CSQ Application Sent: February 1st 2013
CSQ Application Received: February 28th 2013
AIP: ?
Ok I've added you to the spreadsheet.

Welcome to the forum!

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just wanted to know what people thought about the unknown records on the spreadsheet, we have 2 which we have only been given the received date. 2 where interviews were required and after that, unknown and 2 which are just unknown.

I just wondered what people thought, whether they want to them keep all on the spreadsheet or remove the 2 which just have the received date? Remove more?

Or the alternative, we could move all the unknown ones to a separate sheet in the same excel file, if you preferred? This would be my option. (It would condense the spreadsheet a bit and keep the more useful information on it. If we got updates, we could move the unknown records back to the main spreadsheet.

kidvicious1

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2012
AOR Received.
12/10/2012
Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
12/04/2012 Re-done Jan 2012
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
jg84 said:
I just wanted to know what people thought about the unknown records on the spreadsheet, we have 2 which we have only been given the received date. 2 where interviews were required and after that, unknown and 2 which are just unknown.

I just wondered what people thought, whether they want to them keep all on the spreadsheet or remove the 2 which just have the received date? Remove more?

Or the alternative, we could move all the unknown ones to a separate sheet in the same excel file, if you preferred? This would be my option. (It would condense the spreadsheet a bit and keep the more useful information on it. If we got updates, we could move the unknown records back to the main spreadsheet.

I think it's worth keeping in case the person suddenly comes back to update us, I like how it is at the moment with the different colours - but I guess I know that they haven't spoke in months, other people won't know - so for the sake of new people it might confuse them seeing it at the moment so a different sheet could work, or post in a table below and just title is as unknown statuses.

abcd84

Mar 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
24-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-07-2012
LANDED..........
29-05-2013
Hi all,

I have been reading this forum since a few months, here's my timeline:

Meds done: July 2012
App Received 27th August
AOR 24th November
Micc and CSQ: January 8th
CSQ Received: February 14th
AIP-Decision Made: March 13th

I am so happy everything is going so fast and smooth. I'll be landing in Montreal, anyone knows the waiting time for the landing interview?
Thanks to everyone for this forum, it made me avoid errors and delays!

kidvicious1

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2012
AOR Received.
12/10/2012
Med's Request
14/12/2012 AIP
Med's Done....
12/04/2012 Re-done Jan 2012
Interview........
24/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
Hey abcd84, AIP with decision made at same time? You are incredibly lucky. What's your story? :)

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abcd84 said:
Hi all,

I have been reading this forum since a few months, here's my timeline:

Meds done: July 2012
App Received 27th August
AOR 24th November
Micc and CSQ: January 8th
CSQ Received: February 14th
AIP-Decision Made: March 13th

I am so happy everything is going so fast and smooth. I'll be landing in Montreal, anyone knows the waiting time for the landing interview?
Thanks to everyone for this forum, it made me avoid errors and delays!
I've added you to the sponsor spreadsheet, congrats on almost finishing the process.

For you to get the AIP and Final Decision at the same time, you must have sent the medical and the police certificate at the start?

Then for the RCMP background check, when you were asked to apply for the CSQ, at the same time is when they ask the RCMP to start the background checks. Then before the AIP was issued, the background checks were completed, so that the AIP and final decision could be issued at the same time.

abcd84

Mar 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
24-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-07-2012
LANDED..........
29-05-2013
kidvicious1 said:
Hey abcd84, AIP with decision made at same time? You are incredibly lucky. What's your story? :)
jg84 said:
I've added you to the sponsor spreadsheet, congrats on almost finishing the process.

For you to get the AIP and Final Decision at the same time, you must have sent the medical and the police certificate at the start?

Then for the RCMP background check, when you were asked to apply for the CSQ, at the same time is when they ask the RCMP to start the background Then before the AIP was issued, the background checks were completed, so that the AIP and final decision could be issued at the same time.
Hi Jg84 and Kidvicious,

Yes, I sent medicals and police certificates at the start. Another thing that could have helped is that I have already been in Canada a few years with a closed work permit, medicare and SIN. I didn't send a request for an open work permit.
The only thing I didn't do in advance is the RPRF. I got this in the mail:

The Right of Permanent Residence Fee of $490.00 is required before you can become a
permanent resident in Canada. To date this fee has not been paid and the confirmation of
permanent residence document will not be issued until payment is made. Please be prepared
to submit the total fee of $490.00. Fees can be in the form of a certified cheque, money order,
credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or online. If paid online, you must print a
receipt of payment. Fees must be provided to the Immigration Centre in Montreal when you are
scheduled to obtain your confirmation of permanent residence document.

Does it mean I can pay now online and just bring it with me at the interview or should I send a copy before they schedule my appointment?

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abcd84 said:
Hi Jg84 and Kidvicious,

Yes, I sent medicals and police certificates at the start. Another thing that could have helped is that I have already been in Canada a few years with a closed work permit, medicare and SIN. I didn't send a request for an open work permit.
The only thing I didn't do in advance is the RPRF. I got this in the mail:

The Right of Permanent Residence Fee of $490.00 is required before you can become a
permanent resident in Canada. To date this fee has not been paid and the confirmation of
permanent residence document will not be issued until payment is made. Please be prepared
to submit the total fee of $490.00. Fees can be in the form of a certified cheque, money order,
credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or online. If paid online, you must print a
receipt of payment. Fees must be provided to the Immigration Centre in Montreal when you are
scheduled to obtain your confirmation of permanent residence document.

Does it mean I can pay now online and just bring it with me at the interview or should I send a copy before they schedule my appointment?
Yes you can pay online, just bring the receipt, I have actually been advised that as I applied inland, I can actually pay it at the landing but I'm still trying to get some more info on that. That is just what the call centre said, I am researching it further.

I've researched it and the official information is:

You can pay it at the landing interview, I know you can definitely pay it in cash. The call centre did say that you can also use debit or credit card but I'm still verifying this information.

Official Information from the manual - What you need for the landing interview:

Please bring with you:
• A valid passport, identity or travel document.
The Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) (If not already submitted)
• A photograph for each person in your family that is being processed for permanent residence in Canada. These photos must meet the specifications outlined in Appendix C of the Application Guide [IMM 5289].

mateo25

Feb 7, 2013
hi everyone, i see the most of us got the AIP, we just have to wait for the decision made and the 4 to 8 weeks to receive the PR card. how long it takes for the decision made after you get the AIP? i live and i applied from montreal. thanks

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mateo25 said:
hi everyone, i see the most of us got the AIP, we just have to wait for the decision made and the 4 to 8 weeks to receive the PR card. how long it takes for the decision made after you get the AIP? i live and i applied from montreal. thanks
Ok well we could have actually worked out how long it takes but due to lack of information on completed applications, we cannot. We may be able to get something close though, I'll explain.

There are 3 factors regarding the final decision being made.

1. If CPC Vegreville has your Medical and Police Certificate, sent at the start or early on in the process, then these will not hold up your final decision. (As long as the medical and police certificate are ok).

2. The RCMP Background Check (the only variable) in the processing of the Final Decision has to be completed.

3. When applicants were sent their MICC and Undertake Letters to apply for the CSQ. This is when CPC Vegreville also request for the RCMP background check to be completed. (So the timeline for the background check starts at this time).

If we knew which applicants had sent their medical and police certificate at the start/early on and we knew when they received their MICC and Undertake Letter. We could actually count, to the day, how long the Final Decision took. Unfortunately we do not have that information. For the completed applications on the spreadsheet, we also do not have when they sent their CSQ applications. (We can estimate about 1 month before they received their CSQ applications).

It is annoying as we could have built up an exact timeline for the final decision. The only thing we can do, is work out how long the applications currently being processed, how long the processing time for the final decision has taken so far.

I'll give you mine:

1. They have my medical and police certificate (I have had verbal confirmation that they are complete and on the system).

2. I received my MICC and Undertake letter on January 01 2013.

3. So they have been processing my RCMP Background checks for 74 Days.

The factors you need to consider about the RCMP Background Checks are:

1. Doing the CSQ later does not hold up the Background Checks.
2. The amount of files the RCMP has to process.
3. If there is a name similar to yours who has a criminal record, or you have committed any crimes then this is when they could ask for finger prints to be sent.

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just wanted to ask for some information, we would then know how long the Final Decisions have taken so far and an exact timeline for completed applications.

If there is anyone with completed applications and can give us the below information, that would be great it would give us an exact timeline for the Final Decision.

The 2 things I need to know are:

1. Whether you did your medical and police checks, (apart from Canada), at the start or early in the process.

2. When you received your MICC and Undertake Letter, if you can't find the letter, then the approx date you received it. Otherwise if you could let me know whether you received the MICC and Undertake letter close to the date you send the CSQ application to the MICC - we can make an approx date from that.

If we can find out this information, we can count exactly how many days the Final Decisions have taken so far, (Applications being processed) and exactly how long Final Decisions took for completed applications. :)

For my Final Decision, it has been 74 days so far. (RCMP Background Check). I am waiting to be completed.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
I did NOT do medical/police certificate at the beginning. I have an appointment next week for medical, and my request for the police certificate from the FBI was sent about three weeks ago.

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
QuebecOkie said:
I did NOT do medical/police certificate at the beginning. I have an appointment next week for medical, and my request for the police certificate from the FBI was sent about three weeks ago.
Ok cool thanks and when did you get the MICC Undertake letter/email?

I know you sent the CSQ application on the 1st February 2013.