Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
CSQ was issued (date written in letter) Feb 22, received via mail on Feb 28. I emailed CIC, and I received confirmation that they have received my CSQ (though it was just a confirmation, no date).

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/vo0di9.png[/IMG]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
QuebecOkie said:
CSQ was issued (date written in letter) Feb 22, received via mail on Feb 28. I emailed CIC, and I received confirmation that they have received my CSQ (though it was just a confirmation, no date).
Ok thanks, The AOR date will be fine though, I'll add a new section to the spreadsheet.

The only thing I would like to know is for everyone, whether they sent their medical and police certificate at the start. Thanks for giving me your information.

mateo25

Feb 7, 2013
jg84 said:
Ok well we could have actually worked out how long it takes but due to lack of information on completed applications, we cannot. We may be able to get something close though, I'll explain.

There are 3 factors regarding the final decision being made.

1. If CPC Vegreville has your Medical and Police Certificate, sent at the start or early on in the process, then these will not hold up your final decision. (As long as the medical and police certificate are ok).

2. The RCMP Background Check (the only variable) in the processing of the Final Decision has to be completed.

3. When applicants were sent their MICC and Undertake Letters to apply for the CSQ. This is when CPC Vegreville also request for the RCMP background check to be completed. (So the timeline for the background check starts at this time).

If we knew which applicants had sent their medical and police certificate at the start/early on and we knew when they received their MICC and Undertake Letter. We could actually count, to the day, how long the Final Decision took. Unfortunately we do not have that information. For the completed applications on the spreadsheet, we also do not have when they sent their CSQ applications. (We can estimate about 1 month before they received their CSQ applications).

It is annoying as we could have built up an exact timeline for the final decision. The only thing we can do, is work out how long the applications currently being processed, how long the processing time for the final decision has taken so far.

I'll give you mine:

1. They have my medical and police certificate (I have had verbal confirmation that they are complete and on the system).

2. I received my MICC and Undertake letter on January 01 2013.

3. So they have been processing my RCMP Background checks for 74 Days.

The factors you need to consider about the RCMP Background Checks are:

1. Doing the CSQ later does not hold up the Background Checks.
2. The amount of files the RCMP has to process.
3. If there is a name similar to yours who has a criminal record, or you have committed any crimes then this is when they could ask for finger prints to be sent.
Hi, in my case i received a letter from vegreville december 6 asking me to apply for the CSQ, but i didnt receive any letter or something related to the RCMP check. i sent my medical exams and polices checks at the beggining when i sent my application. i got my CSQ february 12 and the AIP february 15, with the AIP they also added a letter, it says that now they will check my RCMP since my permanent residence is approved. they added an authorization credit card form to pay the RPRF. i sent it the same day and february 21 they charged 490$ on my credit card. since that day i dont have any news. should i call? thanks

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Loops said:
JG

I cant open the spreadsheet ... I think I need a hotmail or LIVE account :(
Oh ok I didn't realise that, I'll give you an alternative way of looking at it, 1 sec.

Just right click on the spreadsheet and click open image in new tab or click save image as and save it to your computer.

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mateo25 said:
Hi, in my case i received a letter from vegreville december 6 asking me to apply for the CSQ, but i didnt receive any letter or something related to the RCMP check. i sent my medical exams and polices checks at the beggining when i sent my application. i got my CSQ february 12 and the AIP february 15, with the AIP they also added a letter, it says that now they will check my RCMP since my permanent residence is approved. they added an authorization credit card form to pay the RPRF. i sent it the same day and february 21 they charged 490$ on my credit card. since that day i dont have any news. should i call? thanks
Are you sure that you haven't got your Final Decision?

Do you have a letter starting with:

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed.

The Canada Immigration Centre in .................... will contact you concerning your permanent resident status.

REMINDER - RPRF FEE OWING

The Call Centre are a bit useless, I would check your ecas first, then call them.

mateo25

Feb 7, 2013
jg84 said:
Are you sure that you haven't got your Final Decision?

Do you have a letter starting with:

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed.

The Canada Immigration Centre in .................... will contact you concerning your permanent resident status.

REMINDER - RPRF FEE OWING

The Call Centre are a bit useless, I would check your ecas first, then call them.
my ecas has never been very informative, i guess my agent never update my ecas.

the last letter i received says:
this refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in canada- class submitted july 2012

we are pleased to inform you that you meet all the preliminary eligibility requirements of the category and therebefore your application for permanent residence is approved.

however, you and the members of your family in canada, if applicable, must meet all the other statutory requirements of the immigration and refugee protection act (IRPA) for example, medical, security and passport requirements before permanent residence may be granted.

as your application is processed, separate decisions will be made about whether you meet these other requirements. if more information is required, you will receive a letter asking you to reply within a prescribed delay.

if preliminary information indicates that you likely meet all the statutory requirements of the IRPA, you will receive a letter asking you to attend an interview at the cananda immigration centre in your area. a final determination on your application for permanent residence will be made at this interview.

payment of the RPRF is required pursuant to the fees regulations of the immigration and refugee protection regulations and permanent residence will no be granted unti payment of this fee is received. prompt payment will avoid delays in your processing of your application due to the expiration of security and medical results. therebefore if you have not already done so, it is strongly recommended that you compky with this requirement as soon as possible.

i wrote the most importnant that the letter says.

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mateo25 said:
my ecas has never been very informative, i guess my agent never update my ecas.

i wrote the most importnant that the letter says.
Ok let me get this clear.

You applied from Quebec as a refugee?

I'm just trying to work out the letter you have. I have not seen it before.

I thought refugees didn't pay PRPF fees.

So are you being sponsored?

What country are you from?

I know there is a lot of questions, I'm just trying to work out your situation.

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was trying to get some info on Quebec Timelines - from the AIP to Decision made. Unfortunately we don't have much information to go on.

We only have a couple, MDNA's in total came to just under 8 months before their application was complete. All the other 3 completed applications we have, all came to 12 months.

As we don't have much information for Quebec, I decided to check a spreadsheet for Inland Sponsorship for the rest of Canada.

There is a lot of applications and they all came to about 11 or 12 months for the full processing time. Now these are for 2011 applications. It does seem like the time has decreased since then (if your file is straight forward).

I also checked how long it took from their AIP to Decision Made for their applications. (As far as understand it, the RCMP aim to complete background checks for immigration in 1 month). If something is flagged up, that can increase to 3 months or longer.

These are the dates from the 2011 sponsorship spreadsheet.

0, 0, 2, 0, 0, 0, 21, 8, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 9, 6, 0, 0, 6, 2, 13, 0, 0, 3, 4, 0, 0, 4, 0, 0, 0, 0, 3, 5, 0, 3, 0, 9, 0, 3,0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 4, 2, 4, 44, 15, 0, 0, 16, 0, 0, 0, 4, 4, 0, 0, 0, 0, 136, 115, 119, 57, 36, 20, 19, 11.

As long as nothing is flagged up, I would have thought about 1 month after the AIP, for the Final Decision to be completed. (If it hasn't been already).

I found some applications on their spreadsheet which are from Quebec (2011 Applications)

APP REC Final Decison AIP to Final Decision
12-Jan-11 9 Jan 12 21
3-Feb-11 8-Feb-12 0
4-Apr-11 14-Mar-12 4
10-May-11 17-Mar-12 0
4-May-11 20-Mar-12 0
1-Jun-11 18-Apr-12 0

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
It seems, looking at our small sample here of inland apps from Québec, that they move just a little faster than inland apps in general (comparing them to the dates in the 2012 inland apps spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArrQkNcsLVotdDJOOWJlZkhVOEhCMHZCakNoa3UzVHc#gid=0). Hoping that's the case. I want AIP!!!!!!!!!!!

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
QuebecOkie said:
It seems, looking at our small sample here of inland apps from Québec, that they move just a little faster than inland apps in general (comparing them to the dates in the 2012 inland apps spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArrQkNcsLVotdDJOOWJlZkhVOEhCMHZCakNoa3UzVHc#gid=0). Hoping that's the case. I want AIP!!!!!!!!!!!
It does look like they do.

At the moment nothing has been said on here for a while.

You should be due your AIP soon.

For my final decision I think that it will be delayed for a while as I got an email to send them some info. I had a short amount of time on my personal history I hadn't accounted for. I've faxed and sent the info in the post but I can't say the officer has the fax as you don't get a confirmation. I just hope that they have it. I'd rather not wait for them to get the post.

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Hi guys!!

By any chance does any of you have the CIC call centre phone number?? I cant find it and the CIC website is not working properly, every time I click on the link to get the number it doesnt work!

I havent get any notification of my medicals or the extra documents they asked me for and I sent already! so I wanna give them a call to get a n update because of course ... IM FREAKING OUT! hahahaha!!!

Hope you can help me guys! :)

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Loops said:
Hi guys!!

By any chance does any of you have the CIC call centre phone number?? I cant find it and the CIC website is not working properly, every time I click on the link to get the number it doesnt work!

I havent get any notification of my medicals or the extra documents they asked me for and I sent already! so I wanna give them a call to get a n update because of course ... IM FREAKING OUT! hahahaha!!!

Hope you can help me guys! :)
The number is 1-888-242-2100.

If you are worried, you can request a copy of your file notes (It has to be requested by a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident). The request doesn't go to CPC vegreville, there is no problem in requesting your notes (It doesn't affect your file). It provides a lot of information, every single thing, whether it has been passed, etc.

It also provides a date when they will look at your file again. The last officer to view your file puts a date when your file will next be viewed.

It takes 30 days for them to complete your request, if you apply under the access to information act, there is an $5.00 fee. If you apply under the privacy act, there is no charge.

The site is here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5563.asp

If you have sent it, they just won't have got to your file again yet. What happens is one person puts the info you send in your file. Then when the officer looks at your file, they check for the new info.

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
jg84 said:
The number is 1-888-242-2100.

If your worried, you can request a copy of your file notes (It has to be requested by a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident). The request doesn't go to CPC vegreville, there is no problem in requesting your notes (It doesn't affect your file). It provides a lot of information, every single thing, whether it has been passed, etc.

It also provides a date when they will look at your file again. The last officer to view your file puts a date when your file will next be viewed.

It takes 30 days for them to complete your request, if you apply under the access to information act, there is an $5.00 fee. If you apply under the privacy act, there is no charge.

The site is here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5563.asp

JG Thank yo so much for the number!!

Im actually super worried now! I just called them and they haven't get my CSQ! They have my medicals and the police check I was missing, but no CSQ ... I got it since the 8th of february, but they haven't get their copy yet!

Did any of you who got CSQ around the same time knows if CIC received it yet? I asked they guy if I needed to send a copy but he said to keep on waiting, the reason why I am freaking out it is because they gave me until the 3rd of April to get it! :(

jg84

Jan 29, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Loops said:
JG Thank yo so much for the number!!

Did any of you who got CSQ around the same time knows if CIC received it yet? I asked they guy if I needed to send a copy but he said to keep on waiting, the reason why I am freaking out it is because they gave me until the 3rd of April to get it! :(
Your welcome :)

I know they have my CSQ.

Honestly what you need to do is phone the call centre and ask when the last notes were put on the system (each note has a date). I know my last notes was on the 4th March (when I got my AIP), the note just said that everything had been received. Then a few days ago, well after the 4th March, I got a request from a different officer for some info for my personal history.

If you can imagine, the call centre staff are seeing something similar to what we see on cic application status. Although they also have access to the notes written by the officers for your file. (The file records are separate to the notes). In the records the CSQ section could show as passed but the officer may not have written a note which the call centre can see.

(Why the system doesn't automatically create a note I don't know, well it is probably due to security reasons).