+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

+13 MONTHS APPLICANT

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
Same here. It seems they are so overwhelmed by the number of applications that they have found a new way to deal with it: not to bother to even care if people have been waiting for too long. At least this way they can focus on processing. The reality could be that it would take until Oct 2019 to get rid of all Oct 2017 applicants. Hmmm well it will be just in time for elections!
It still doesn't make sense why people who applied almost a year after us already got the test invite. It is clear the system has drawbacks, and some of us are unfortunate enough to fall to them.

yanesrahn

Oct 7, 2008
ontario
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
12-01-12
Nomination.....
28-11-11
AOR Received.
15-02-12
Med's Request
15-02-12
Med's Done....
21-02-12
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 received 10-05-20113
I am joining this group with my 12+ almost 13 month no test invite.. I called today and they said they are going to send a note to see what's going on with my file because everything looks OK.. I aldo contacted MP and they said background passed and they will get back to us in 10 business days for and updated.. I haven't asked for the GCMS notes Do you think It will make any difference.. anyone contacted MP with a good result.. any good approach that i haven't try. Thanks

Zeina73

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
I'm in the same boat as you, I'll hit 16 months in two weeks without a test invite. I'm pretty sure many others are in the same boat.
Hi Ottawan

You have been waiting for too long. Did you know the reason? .. Are you Lebanese or from the Middle east?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hi Ottawan

You have been waiting for too long. Did you know the reason? .. Are you Lebanese or from the Middle east?
We should stop guessing where everybody is from and trying to connect that with slow processing ... there is really no point .... as a fellow 16month-er myself, I know tons of people from my home country got the whole process done within 8-10 months ... I just accept its my luck of getting a much less competent case officer , nothing else

Mpraja

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
We should stop guessing where everybody is from and trying to connect that with slow processing ... there is really no point .... as a fellow 16month-er myself, I know tons of people from my home country got the whole process done within 8-10 months ... I just accept its my luck of getting a much less competent case officer , nothing else

Agree..!!

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are right. Same here. Many fellow countrymen got their passports long ago and here i am with no end to this in sight.

French 2014

Oct 20, 2017
Hi everyone, I am a November 2017 applicant (an Iranian), today at February 8th. at 9am was supposed to be my oath ceremony,but yesterday at 3:30 pm someone from IRCC office called me that your ceremony was cancelled.When I asked her the reason "she said you criminality letter not yet received".It is shame! Whenever I called the IRCC agent during the last 6 months they told me that everything is OK,but waiting for prohibition and residency checks.What is happening in IRCC after I finished my test and completed DECISION MADE and ceremony invitation, just 1/2 a day remaining for the oath,they are still waiting for my CRIMINALITY situation. Any comment!
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 27, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 16, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 27, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on December 24, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 15, 2019 at 4:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on January 21, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 8, 2019 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hi everyone, I am a November 2017 applicant (an Iranian), today at February 8th. at 9am was supposed to be my oath ceremony,but yesterday at 3:30 pm someone from IRCC office called me that your ceremony was cancelled.When I asked her the reason "she said you criminality letter not yet received".It is shame! Whenever I called the IRCC agent during the last 6 months they told me that everything is OK,but waiting for prohibition and residency checks.What is happening in IRCC after I finished my test and completed DECISION MADE and ceremony invitation, just 1/2 a day remaining for the oath,they are still waiting for my CRIMINALITY situation. Any comment!
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 27, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 16, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 27, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on December 24, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 15, 2019 at 4:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on January 21, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 8, 2019 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Which office ? I had been told my criminality and security checks were done almost a year ago , but a few days after my test / interview I called IRCC and was told they were still waiting for criminality... someone said it would need to be done again around the time of test/oath

French 2014

Oct 20, 2017
Which office ? I had been told my criminality and security checks were done almost a year ago , but a few days after my test / interview I called IRCC and was told they were still waiting for criminality... someone said it would need to be done again around the time of test/oath
Hi, my processing center is Scarborough.

hcyrusr

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY - NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-02-2014
Med's Request
12-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
I received my GCMS notes and it is indicating all steps are done except prohibition that is not started. any idea how long I should wait for that?