11-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2013
LANDED..........
11th October 2013
18 months with no test request either

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
18 months...What happened to @Mehran1 ? Did he finally get the oath? He was one of the seniors here applied in Sep 2017...
unfortunately nothing new . Passed the 19 month since August 2017 and passed 13 month from the test . Still in process . The AM followed the case. She told me everything has been done a few months a go . I called them too and they told me every step has been passed but still showing in process and obviously no invitation for oath.

Mpraja

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
how much time does it take for test invitation once file transferred to local office???
Can anyone advice???

Fallen_Warrior

May 16, 2013
Hello,

I have applied my citizenship since Feb 2018 but no test invite still. I made ATIP request to both IRCC and CSIS and got my notes 2 days ago. IRCC notes showed that:

Security: Blank
Criminality: Passed
Immigration clearance (Residence, knowledge, etc): Not started

Last update on the file was in June, 2018.

CSIS sent the letter stating that security clearance still in progress.

I am so tired of this process. My PR took 4 years due to this security issue. I applied in 2011 and got it in 2015. I had a 4 hour long security interview with CSIS back in 2012. They cleared me after 4 months of the interview but IRCC kept sitting on my file until I filed mandamus, and that's when wheels started turning and they issued me the PR. Now, I am again going through the same mess. I am not quite sure why couldn't they clear my security like average people, since they already have done it extensively for my PR.

Is there anyone else who is facing the same dilemma? Any guess what's happening with my file?

My timeline is:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 5, 2018.

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canadaon February 28, 2018.

3. We started processing your application on May 30, 2018.

Fallen_Warrior

May 16, 2013
unfortunately nothing new . Passed the 19 month since August 2017 and passed 13 month from the test . Still in process . The AM followed the case. She told me everything has been done a few months a go . I called them too and they told me every step has been passed but still showing in process and obviously no invitation for oath.
You should submit the ATIP request to CSIS and see what their response is regarding your security screening case. Normally, CSIS findings are not displayed in IRCC ATIP request. It's always blank, regardless if its passed, in process or failed.

It's best to send ATIP request directly to CSIS and make sure they are done with your file.

I think you are also eligible to apply for Federal Court mandamus application after 18-24 months of application submission date. You must consider contacting a good lawyer to look over that option too.

Reactions: SANAGhada

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
Hello,

I have applied my citizenship since Feb 2018 but no test invite still. I made ATIP request to both IRCC and CSIS and got my notes 2 days ago. IRCC notes showed that:

Security: Blank
Criminality: Passed
Immigration clearance (Residence, knowledge, etc): Not started

Last update on the file was in June, 2018.

CSIS sent the letter stating that security clearance still in progress.

I am so tired of this process. My PR took 4 years due to this security issue. I applied in 2011 and got it in 2015. I had a 4 hour long security interview with CSIS back in 2012. They cleared me after 4 months of the interview but IRCC kept sitting on my file until I filed mandamus, and that's when wheels started turning and they issued me the PR. Now, I am again going through the same mess. I am not quite sure why couldn't they clear my security like average people, since they already have done it extensively for my PR.

Is there anyone else who is facing the same dilemma? Any guess what's happening with my file?

My timeline is:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 5, 2018.

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canadaon February 28, 2018.

3. We started processing your application on May 30, 2018.
If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost to file a writ of mandamus back then for your PR?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I don't really remember at the moment. I think almost between $5000-$7000. You may be able to find some lawyer who can do the same job for $2000-$3000.
I refuse to do that -- honestly, if I have to fight in court and pay several grand of hard-earned money to get Canadian citizenship, I am clearly not welcomed here and I will just contribute my tax somewhere else.