AOR Received.
01-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-09-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
LANDED..........
06-06-2017
@xrubanx, My family and I are waiting for my husband's PR to be approved (we still have a ways to go yet as we just applied). I am the sponsor and we currently live together in the US with our two kids. We may also move to Canada prior to him receiving his PR status, but I wasn't sure if it was allowed. When you and your husband and son landed in Canada, were there any complications with Canada Border Services as they hadn't gotten their PR yet? Are they on a visitor's visa? Thanks in advance.
They are on visitor's visas. It was totally fine, but we had to explain very thuroughly to the border officer who then called her supervisor over to discus further. I had my SA approval letter printed and a letter of employment to show. I also had proof of their private health insurance to cover 6 months and some of my tax records to show income if needed. I just had a stack of documents and was ready to talk and explain as much as I could. It ended up being totally fine. The supervisor just said to make sure we leave when legally required

Reactions: MizKat

MizKat

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Texas
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
11-07-2017
Doc's Request.
20-08-2017
AOR Received.
19-08-2017
Med's Request
01-09-2017
Med's Done....
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
20-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2018
They are on visitor's visas. It was totally fine, but we had to explain very thuroughly to the border officer who then called her supervisor over to discus further. I had my SA approval letter printed and a letter of employment to show. I also had proof of their private health insurance to cover 6 months and some of my tax records to show income if needed. I just had a stack of documents and was ready to talk and explain as much as I could. It ended up being totally fine. The supervisor just said to make sure we leave when legally required
OK, this is really good to know. Thank you for sharing your family's experience!

California2Canada

Apr 25, 2017
I have a question about stories matching up from past border crossings (if that is even a thing?)

I am American; wife is Canadian. I've been here for 7 months as a visitor and got married a month ago. Now I'm about to leave to the US on our honeymoon and return a month later, separate from her (she's coming back sooner). We don't have PR turned in yet, slowly working through it all.

Though I'm planning to have as many ducks in a row as I can to show intention of following the rules (copy of my visa extension app explaining we plan to apply for PR, marriage certificate, travel insurance for a limited amount of time, letter of employment showing ties to the US, bank account showing high funds), I'm nervous about my border crossing and them saying I have the intention to live not visit.

But besides generally not letting me back in, my biggest concern:

Though this time I'm going to say exactly what's up (I'm visiting my wife, working on PR), the last two times entering I've been pulled into secondary and I haven't told the whole truth. Namely, I didn't mention my fiancee being my fiancee, just that I was visiting friends. First staying with a friend (her) for a few days, and then moving on. I read so much not to mention a relationship lest it complicated things/give intent of me staying, that I tried to act like I was strictly traveling.

This last time they actually called my fiancee ("friend") on the phone. Out stories matched up of when we met, how many times I've visited before, and how long I'd be staying with her this time (we both said a few days)...but now I'm nervous that there is record of this. And therefore if I get pulled into secondary again, and say this person is my wife (which she is), are they going to look at records and say 'um, you acted like you were hanging out with her for a few days and now you're married?' Am I screwed now if I'm honest?

California2Canada

Apr 25, 2017
2nd question- for various reasons, I have no idea how soon we will get PR turned in and I'd like to come/go from Canada easily over the next year. I've read very mixed things on Visitor Records. Would it be smart to ask for a 1 year visitor record so I can come/go easily, or is that like a big red flag on my record??

marlowe

Apr 29, 2016
Can anyone help on this thread with timing? I am a Canadian citizen by birth living in the U.S. since 2003 with my American husband. We want to retire in Canada to be with our kids/grandkids. Our joint application was received by CIC August 2016, and I was approved as sponsor September 2016. Beginning of June 2017 the words "Decision Made" came online on my husband's app, but we never received notice by mail or email. Two months now have passed and we're wondering if anyone has had this experience. We sent email inquiry and got a reply saying they verified our info and have passed our question on to the relevant VO who would be in touch. But nothing. What to do? Our lives hang in limbo. I'm worried too because my husband's upfront medical was done over a year ago.

C

Classic Chucks

Can anyone help on this thread with timing? I am a Canadian citizen by birth living in the U.S. since 2003 with my American husband. We want to retire in Canada to be with our kids/grandkids. Our joint application was received by CIC August 2016, and I was approved as sponsor September 2016. Beginning of June 2017 the words "Decision Made" came online on my husband's app, but we never received notice by mail or email. Two months now have passed and we're wondering if anyone has had this experience. We sent email inquiry and got a reply saying they verified our info and have passed our question on to the relevant VO who would be in touch. But nothing. What to do? Our lives hang in limbo. I'm worried too because my husband's upfront medical was done over a year ago.
Did you check both of your spam folders? Both of your emails?

California2Canada

Apr 25, 2017
Can anyone confirm with my 2nd question above if it is a good idea/ bad idea to ask for a Visitor Record? (Any advice on first qu. helpful too, but very curious about the VR)

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
Can anyone confirm with my 2nd question above if it is a good idea/ bad idea to ask for a Visitor Record? (Any advice on first qu. helpful too, but very curious about the VR)
I would apply outland if you're wanting to come and go. They have the same timeline now of one year. before the new process outland was faster, but now it's all up in the air about which one is actually faster. We applied outland since everyone proclaimed it was much faster. If we had to do it again, I would do inland cause then I'd at least have an open work permit and could work more than what I'm allowed as a student here in Canada.
My spouse and I have a avoided crossing the border since we don't want to risk ANY chance of being denied entry. Also- didn't want CIC to see I was going over the border and ask for a police certificate from america.
This way my old one still holds true even if it has expired since I haven't crossed into the country. (in theory)

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
I feel like they're really dragging their feet with American applicants right now. If you were going to be denied I'm sure you would have found out by now. your PPR/ COPR are probably on the way depending where you guys reside in the US. It might just take a bit longer.

elenama

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
Did we have any US outlands who applied this year and got their DMs?
Seems like it's taking way longer than 6 months now..

mcroze

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Did we have any US outlands who applied this year and got their DMs?
Seems like it's taking way longer than 6 months now..
How about are there any US outlands who applied this year using the new forms whose file is currently getting processed at a VO (e.g., received AOR2 and medical request, maybe BGC in progress)? It seems like all our files are still sitting in Mississauga.

Reactions: jptskt

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
How about are there any US outlands who applied this year using the new forms whose file is currently getting processed at a VO (e.g., received AOR2 and medical request, maybe BGC in progress)? It seems like all our files are still sitting in Mississauga.
Mine was transferred to Ottawa. Received aor2. Med request complete. Then found out an electronic version of our app was sent back to Mississauga. Haven't heard anything since.

miss_tizzle

Star Member
Jul 4, 2016
Sask
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
File Transfer...
12-04-2017
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
LANDED..........
20-06-2017
We were transferred to Ottawa VO April 12th. Then ECAS updated on April 22nd with the third line. MyCIC account said as of Aug 9th that my background check was in progress. No news since then. Is it common for the Ottawa VO to update the background check on mycic and then not get an update to DM within a day or two (on ECAS and/or mycic)? When it changed over, EVERYONE told us we would get a DM the next day.

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
We were transferred to Ottawa VO April 12th. Then ECAS updated on April 22nd with the third line. MyCIC account said as of Aug 9th that my background check was in progress. No news since then. Is it common for the Ottawa VO to update the background check on mycic and then not get an update to DM within a day or two (on ECAS and/or mycic)? When it changed over, EVERYONE told us we would get a DM the next day.
Mine transferred may 24 and bgc has still not started