BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017

VMDATTA

Star Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa or Mississauga
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-03-2017
File Transfer...
19-04-2017
Med's Request
24/05/2017
Med's Done....
25/05/2017
Interview........
none
My husband has a job offer in Canada and it's some what time sensitive. If we dont get the PR soon, the lawyer (who is certified in US and Canada) advised my husband to work under NAFTA (North American free trade agreement).

cockapea

Feb 28, 2017
A question I'm sure has been asked before but I can't seem to find a definitive answer - we just got our COPR (yay!), and it expires at the start of september (not much time to land!). Do I (the sponsor - currently living abroad but moving back to Canada) need to accompany my wife when she lands?

As far as I can tell the answer is no, but I couldn't find anyone who had first hand experience.

A second question that is probably less common - we applied as a common law couple, but our wedding (which was scheduled for a year) happened after the COPR was issued. I emailed the CPC to inform them of the change in marital status and sent them a copy of the marriage certificate, but I am wondering if this means they will need to reissue a new COPR or whether we can land with the existing one. I am waiting to hear back from them, but given the tight timeline of the COPR expiring I don't know if we will hear back in time. Does anyone have experience with that?

Thanks!
An update on this - our COPR was cancelled due to the change in marital status. We need to resubmit our PPR. Still not sure about whether I (the sponsor) need to accompany my wife when she lands, it seems like probably not, but Im not sure.

hmks

Sep 8, 2015
Anyone have an idea of how long is it currently taking Ottawa to issue visas once you've submitted a photocopy of your passport and PR photos? Are we talking a couple weeks or more like 8-12? Any idea would be greatly appreciated. This has been a LONG process! Thanks for any information!

lpit

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
Hi Guys,

I am applying for PR for my wife and 6 month old (both US citizens) under the spousal outland category. My wife and child have moved with me for now to Ontario, Canada. Hence, I entered -
  1. "Spouse living outside Canada" under Relationship to principal applicant on IMM 1344
  2. Our US address for Residential address, and our Ontario address for principal applicant's mailing address on IMM 0008
  3. Our Ontario address for their (wife and child's) present address on IMM 5406
My question is about #3 - present address on IMM 5406 - is this correct? I am concerned about inconsistency between the category I am applying under (outland) and the addresses I am indicating for the principal applicant and dependent child. That said, if I was to list our US address on IMM 5406, then I see a lot more contradiction in our supporting documents (I am presenting rental agreements, insurance documents all showing my wife and child are with me here in Ontario)?

Please let me know what you think. Thanks a lot in advance!

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
Anyone have an idea of how long is it currently taking Ottawa to issue visas once you've submitted a photocopy of your passport and PR photos? Are we talking a couple weeks or more like 8-12? Any idea would be greatly appreciated. This has been a LONG process! Thanks for any information!
We got ours back within a week, but we replied within Canada using XpressPost.

hmks

Sep 8, 2015
We got ours back within a week, but we replied within Canada using XpressPost.
Thank you so much for your reply! I'm in Canada visiting my spouse and just sent it to Ottawa using XpressPost. It would be great if it arrived within a week. Fingers crossed!

miss_tizzle

Star Member
Jul 4, 2016
Sask
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
File Transfer...
12-04-2017
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
LANDED..........
20-06-2017
Anyone from outland US group that applied for PR in February 2017 that has landed? It seems like a couple people from other countries have received DM and landed but US application are a bit slower???

My timeline:
- Application received in Mississauga - Feb 23.
- SA - March 8, 2017.
- AOR1 -March 10, 2017.
-Schedule A and Pcc Requested March 13 but we have issues with our CIC account so they were eventually mailed in the first week of april.
- application sent to visa office Apr 19, 2017, we were notified via an email.
- On ECAS - We started processing your application on May 2, 2017.
- Medical requested May 24 and completed e-medical May 25.

Background check still hasn't started as per the CIC account. I called and spoke to an IRCC agent who stated that we hadn't completed the eligibility criteria. We have emailed Ottawa VO to get an update as we haven't heard anything after the medical (passed).

The PR is taking longer than I anticipated. I realize that outland applications can take 12 months to process, but I thought the trend was that US applications were processed faster usually within 4-6 months. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you
We applied Feb 8th. Got AOR2 April 12th for Ottawa office and our third line showed up April 22nd. Still no news yet. Although, we did the landing June 20th because we had saved up enough for my husband to come anyway and be here. Hoping he will be able to work by Sept though.

miss_tizzle

Star Member
Jul 4, 2016
Sask
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
File Transfer...
12-04-2017
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
LANDED..........
20-06-2017
Help please! After 7 -weeks my application for common law sponsor was returned. They have highlighted and stated in the letter that the Sponsors employment source and Notice of Assessment are missing and not complete.
Both were included in the application. The employment letter is from the HR provider her company uses and was signed and scanned her via email. It states the company name, how long she has been employed , that she is full time and salaried, her position and income.

The notice of Assessment is from 2016. What am I missing here?

It sucks that I lose pretty much 2 months of this process to this..
They want an original colour copy of the employment letter. When it came to the NOA, I also attached 12 months of pay stubs because it was a new tax year - you should resend 2016 and the most recent pay stubs you have in additions.

leahbird

Mar 24, 2017
I have a question for you. I am quitting my job overseas, and want to ship my things from there back to Canada. I don't have my PR yet (the application is in the Ottawa office, with the ECAS is in processing, background check in processing, and I've paid my RPRF). I have no intention of working in Canada, but also need to travel to the US and to Turkey. A customs agent just told me I should go to a border with a list of the goods I'm intending to bring as a permanent resident (and which will arrive at the end of October). Does anyone have experience with this? Should I just ship them to the US?

Thanks in advance.

killborn

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
Thanks, manage to get this all ready and will be sending back out today.
Also, the checklist has since changed, so I had to use the new checklist to resubmit.. Lets see if it works this time around. 2 months wasted

They want an original colour copy of the employment letter. When it came to the NOA, I also attached 12 months of pay stubs because it was a new tax year - you should resend 2016 and the most recent pay stubs you have in additions.

Reactions: miss_tizzle

mcroze

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
It's difficult to follow fellow US applicants on the spreadsheets because of the way they are set up, but it seems like many of us are in a holding pattern in Mississauga after getting SA. Have any US outland spousal applicants applying under the new process had their files transferred to a VO and received AOR2? If so, when did you apply? If not, it would be great if you update this group when you do.

Reactions: MizKat

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
It's difficult to follow fellow US applicants on the spreadsheets because of the way they are set up, but it seems like many of us are in a holding pattern in Mississauga after getting SA. Have any US outland spousal applicants applying under the new process had their files transferred to a VO and received AOR2? If so, when did you apply? If not, it would be great if you update this group when you do.
Yes. App received march 29. Aor2 may 24. Electronic file sent back to Mississauga July 17. Not sure what this means but I will know once I get my notes