BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
It's difficult to follow fellow US applicants on the spreadsheets because of the way they are set up, but it seems like many of us are in a holding pattern in Mississauga after getting SA. Have any US outland spousal applicants applying under the new process had their files transferred to a VO and received AOR2? If so, when did you apply? If not, it would be great if you update this group when you do.
Check my signature for the stuck in mississuaga thread. We also have a whatsapp group for US applicants stuck in Mississauga.
They're telling us the same thing.
"We have everything we need but you need to wait for transfer."
I just found out yesterday mine has been marked for over seas and it shouldnt be so that could be the reason for the hold up.
Yet every other American who's applied under the new process has been held up.

Reactions: jptskt

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Check my signature for the stuck in mississuaga thread. We also have a whatsapp group for US applicants stuck in Mississauga.
I just found out yesterday mine has been marked for over seas and it shouldnt be so that could be the reason for the hold up.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the trump presidency and them scrutinizing Canadian/American relationships more

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
I wonder if it has anything to do with the trump presidency and them scrutinizing Canadian/American relationships more
God I hope not.

But it wouldn't surprise me..

xrubanx

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-03-2017
AOR Received.
01-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-09-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
LANDED..........
06-06-2017
I have a question for you. I am quitting my job overseas, and want to ship my things from there back to Canada. I don't have my PR yet (the application is in the Ottawa office, with the ECAS is in processing, background check in processing, and I've paid my RPRF). I have no intention of working in Canada, but also need to travel to the US and to Turkey. A customs agent just told me I should go to a border with a list of the goods I'm intending to bring as a permanent resident (and which will arrive at the end of October). Does anyone have experience with this? Should I just ship them to the US?

Thanks in advance.
We just moved to Canada from New Zealand. I am a returning citzen and we are waiting for my Husband and Son's PR. I have just been told by the CIC that we will be processed in Ottawa which is why I am reading this thread.
As for shipping our stuff, we sent it via an international moving company. When you land in Canada and do you customs clearance, you need to check a box that says "unaccompanied goods following at later date". The airport customs officers will have you fill out extra paperwork about your goods. Then you hang on to the paperwork. When our stuff arrived at the port in Vancouver, I had to fly there and meet with the border patrol downtown to present my packing list, airport customs clearance and other shipping paperwork. As a returning citizen, I also had to present proof that I had lived overseas for a year. Since you are not a citizen, you will have other paperwork to present in addition to your passport and such. The shipping company will not release your goods until your documents are stamped by border patrol. Hopefully thats helpful info

Reactions: MizKat

xrubanx

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-03-2017
AOR Received.
01-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-09-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
LANDED..........
06-06-2017
Mine should technically be marked for overseas, and I was told last week ours would be processed in Sydney as we lived in NZ prior to applying for Canada. Today I was told that we are in line to be transferred to Ottawa now

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
Mine should technically be marked for overseas, and I was told last week ours would be processed in Sydney as we lived in NZ prior to applying for Canada. Today I was told that we are in line to be transferred to Ottawa now
But I'm not from anywhere else but the US.
Never even been out of the Us cept for moving to Canada.
So.. it's causing confusion.
I've been waiting to be transferred since March..

Gladmin

Mar 1, 2017
Hi i just have a question
Me and hubby (lives in Seattle) resent our application and they received it june 13. I called and told them that its been over a month and i havent heard anything yet and they said that its not on the system yet and no notes either but they did received our payment already and told me to call them back in 2 weeks. What should i do? Do i call back next week instead of calling them back in 2 weeks. Im getting frustrated and im 3 months pregnant.

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
Hi i just have a question
Me and hubby (lives in Seattle) resent our application and they received it june 13. I called and told them that its been over a month and i havent heard anything yet and they said that its not on the system yet and no notes either but they did received our payment already and told me to call them back in 2 weeks. What should i do? Do i call back next week instead of calling them back in 2 weeks. Im getting frustrated and im 3 months pregnant.
I've heard they will rush a pregnant application but I have no idea how you go about telling them.
Also. I would just call.

Gladmin

Mar 1, 2017
I've heard they will rush a pregnant application but I have no idea how you go about telling them.
Also. I would just call.
I told them about me being pregnant they said they cant process the paper (no special treatment) faster. I havent heard anything on my husbands paper its been over a month

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
No, they won't. Being pregnant does not get anyone any special treatment. Their application will be processed the same as the others.

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
I told them about me being pregnant they said they cant process the paper (no special treatment) faster. I havent heard anything on my husbands paper its been over a month
Right now Americans are getting stuck in Mississauga for what ever reason.
Mostly americans**

There's a thread about it.
We all seem to be told the same thing yet no transfer.
I applied back in feb and a ton of people have already gotten DM/ passport request.
Very disheartening.

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
Mississauga is super-busy right now and I think there is still a backlog of applications they haven't gotten to yet. Recently, waiting a month or so for AOR1 was normal. You'll just have to sit tight and wait. They'll get to it eventually. (Not what you want to hear, I know!)

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
Mississauga is super-busy right now and I think there is still a backlog of applications they haven't gotten to yet. Recently, waiting a month or so for AOR1 was normal. You'll just have to sit tight and wait. They'll get to it eventually. (Not what you want to hear, I know!)
We haven't even been transferred.
In fact. I don't think I've seen an American get DM this year and maybe only a few have been transferred. The rest are stuck.

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
We haven't even been transferred.
In fact. I don't think I've seen an American get DM this year and maybe only a few have been transferred. The rest are stuck.
My American husband got DM the beginning of June and landed the end of June. I also saw a few other Americans land in the first half of the year as well. I'm sorry you guys have been caught up in the mess they have going on over there. Hopefully, they'll get stuff sorted out soon.

MizKat

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Texas
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
11-07-2017
Doc's Request.
20-08-2017
AOR Received.
19-08-2017
Med's Request
01-09-2017
Med's Done....
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
20-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2018
We just moved to Canada from New Zealand. I am a returning citzen and we are waiting for my Husband and Son's PR. I have just been told by the CIC that we will be processed in Ottawa which is why I am reading this thread.
As for shipping our stuff, we sent it via an international moving company. When you land in Canada and do you customs clearance, you need to check a box that says "unaccompanied goods following at later date". The airport customs officers will have you fill out extra paperwork about your goods. Then you hang on to the paperwork. When our stuff arrived at the port in Vancouver, I had to fly there and meet with the border patrol downtown to present my packing list, airport customs clearance and other shipping paperwork. As a returning citizen, I also had to present proof that I had lived overseas for a year. Since you are not a citizen, you will have other paperwork to present in addition to your passport and such. The shipping company will not release your goods until your documents are stamped by border patrol. Hopefully thats helpful info
@xrubanx, My family and I are waiting for my husband's PR to be approved (we still have a ways to go yet as we just applied). I am the sponsor and we currently live together in the US with our two kids. We may also move to Canada prior to him receiving his PR status, but I wasn't sure if it was allowed. When you and your husband and son landed in Canada, were there any complications with Canada Border Services as they hadn't gotten their PR yet? Are they on a visitor's visa? Thanks in advance.