+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

ksunny

Star Member
Nov 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2011
AOR Received.
30-12-2011 but e-mail received 06-02-2012
File Transfer...
15-02-2012
Med's Request
E-Cas shows Medical Received
Med's Done....
12-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2012 was In Process on March 19, 2012
LANDED..........
06-04-2012
vengat83 said:
hey congrats !!!!

I told you and macadamia will be the next ones to get...congrats...

btw, did you guys had any foreign travel history ?
Thank you!!

Yes, my husband was previously in Canada for 4 years on a work permit which expired. Other than that, no other travel history. I prepared my file myself and it was like 5cm thick and weighed 8lbs. We sent in additional documents with our passport which were not requested like the Canadian Police Clearance, our honeymoon pictures and travel documents and a few pictures from the wedding with labels so that the VO could identify the main people who attended the wedding.

If anyone has any other questions on how I prepared the file, I would be happy to help!

Good luck to everyone else!

aniadoor

Star Member
Dec 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2011
File Transfer...
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
14-02-2012 (changed to 'In Process' on 16 April)
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
ksunny said:
Thank you!!

Yes, my husband was previously in Canada for 4 years on a work permit which expired. Other than that, no other travel history. I prepared my file myself and it was like 5cm thick and weighed 8lbs. We sent in additional documents with our passport which were not requested like the Canadian Police Clearance, our honeymoon pictures and travel documents and a few pictures from the wedding with labels so that the VO could identify the main people who attended the wedding.

If anyone has any other questions on how I prepared the file, I would be happy to help!

Congrts ksunny, really happy for you and everyone who got positive message from ND

I got passport request on feb 14th, then on feb 19 they asked me for more photos of wedding, we sent that to them. no update from them yet. Now I feel I should have sent the wedding video cd along with the photos. Is it a good idea to send the same, since I heard some people do that too.

Thanks,

huerlaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I am new on this forum. I started the application process for my wife, the application was sent on Jan 23, 2012 and received Jan 24, 2012. And even though it says 55 days as the processing time, there is no update yet from CPC-M. When I called the call centre last week, they asked me to call back after a week or two.

Has anyone else applied during the same dates and have you had an update ?

I had a look on the spreadsheet and I saw a few names who applied around the same dates. I am just curious.

Thanks,

Meds done: Jan 3, 2012
Application to CPC-M: 23 Jan 2012
Application recd: 24 Jan 2012

nakash

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
LANDED..........
<Waiting>
amira_mais said:
Hi there, this is a useful site to figure out immigration acronyms:

COPR is not on that list as far as I can see. It refers to the Confirmation of Permanent Residence document issued by the visa office; it contains your personal identifying information. Once you're approved for PR, the visa office will issue both a COPR (proof of your PR) and a permanent resident visa (allowing you to travel to Canada). So you need both documents to land in Canada.

My application is just a week ahead of yours and I haven't heard anything yet either. CPC-M has really slowed down since the new year. I call them every couple of days and they keep telling me to be patient. Easy for them to say... Although the website says they're working on applications received Jan 25th, in practice it seems to be Jan 12th or so as per the reports from other January applicants.

As you are the sponsor, you may already have a client ID if you yourself immigrated to Canada or if you previously had a work permit. CPC-M should be able to tell you what that number is right away. Your application file number will come later.

Good luck and keep posting your progress here. Nice to have another batchmate :)
Thank you amira_mais. Keep us posted if you hear something about your case.

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
congrats. your husband's previous work permit helped you guys quite a bit as he is categorized as "economic immigrants" I've read it before people with previous work permit history (2 years or more) can get PR visa somewhat faster than non economic immigrants...good to see real example of that in action.

ksunny said:
Thank you!!

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
hey MD. things are good. I need work life balance...need to keep the wife happy...lol. before it didn;t matter, so trying to figure out how to leave work at work and not to work from home while watching hockey. lol

how are things with u? how is ur other half liking it? is he working? where?

mapledreams said:
Hello Everyone,

I see a lot of new people around here! Welcome aboard and good luck to you all!

@ Canadianswife: I'm happy to see your case move along! Good luck! I had my FB off, I'll send you a request when I go home since FB is banned at work!

@ Shamsia: Have a happy and safe trip! Which city will you be landing at?

@ Newdelhi: =( Don;t worry, I'm hoping you'll hear something soon

@ Singhson: Hello there, how are you??

Where is Siva, Vengat, Kuku??? Got busy with the spouses eh? :p

@ Yug and Gwalyat: Any significant progress in your cases? I hope you hear something good soon too!

@ Hambzik: Are you still active here??

nakash

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
LANDED..........
<Waiting>
Dreamsca said:
MP, :- Member Of Parliament ( Canada )
AOR :- Acknowledgement of receipt
COPR : Confirmation of Permanent Residence document issued by the visa office( After Visa You Have to travel Ca with This Doc Along with PP
PPR:- Passport Request letter from ND ( New Delhi )
CAIPS / FOSS or GCMS notes :- 'Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System'
CSE :- case specific enquiry
Thanks. That helps :).

nakash

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
LANDED..........
<Waiting>
huerlaw said:
Hello,

I am new on this forum. I started the application process for my wife, the application was sent on Jan 23, 2012 and received Jan 24, 2012. And even though it says 55 days as the processing time, there is no update yet from CPC-M. When I called the call centre last week, they asked me to call back after a week or two.

Has anyone else applied during the same dates and have you had an update ?

I had a look on the spreadsheet and I saw a few names who applied around the same dates. I am just curious.

Thanks,

Meds done: Jan 3, 2012
Application to CPC-M: 23 Jan 2012
Application recd: 24 Jan 2012
I sent in my package for my wife's sponsorship just a week after you did. Obviously no news here either. Sharing my timeline:

Medicals Done: Jan 16, 2012
Application Received by CPC-M: Feb 1, 2012

Let's keep in touch.

ksunny

Star Member
Nov 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2011
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-02-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
12-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
06-04-2012
singhson said:
congrats. your husband's previous work permit helped you guys quite a bit as he is categorized as "economic immigrants" I've read it before people with previous work permit history (2 years or more) can get PR visa somewhat faster than non economic immigrants...good to see real example of that in action.
Hi singhson,

I didn't actually know that!! For some reason, I was convinced that it may be a problem since they might question as to why we applied Outland when he was already in Canada and he could have applied inland.

Interesting fact..thanks!

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb 23, 2012 (New Delhi recieved it March 24, 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
aniadoor said:
Hi Canadianwife,
What did you mean by this post? if cic new delhi requested your passport on feb 23rd, how come it reached on 24th march? little confused

Thanks
aniadoor
Sure not a problem, if you read back some of my posts, I have wrote about how I live in the USA based on a work permit. The Letter of the Passport Request is dated "Feb 23" but we didn't actually get it in the mail until 3 weeks later... it could have been due to the fact that there was a mail delay because it was sent out over seas, or because they were waiting for my Quebec Certificate to get approved before sending the letter out to me- I received my Passport Request letter in the mail about 2 - 3 days after getting the Quebec Certificate approval.

Then, the weekend came by and the post offices here are closed on Sundays, so I waited 3 days to mail my passport out- and then it took another 3 days to reach New Delhi! So that's why the short delay.

By the way, I don't recommend anyone mailing their passport to India from over seas, or any other country, I did it with a big risk... but Thank you God and universe for delivering my passport safely to their office! and Now I know everything will be done fast and I will get my visa fast!

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb 23, 2012 (New Delhi recieved it March 24, 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
ksunny said:
Hi guys!!!

Just checked my E-Cas and it says DECISION MADE!!! I can't believe I have a decision made in 87 days
OMG!!! Hun, that is great news!!!!!!!! So excited for you and your hubby bubby!!!!! Us December applicants will go by quickly. CIC- New Delhi received my passport on Saturday and I'm hoping I get my decision made very soon!! Next month!!!

Do you remember exactly how many days your status went to "In Process" after they received your husbands passport?

ksunny

Star Member
Nov 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2011
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-02-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
12-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
06-04-2012
CanadiansWife said:
OMG!!! Hun, that is great news!!!!!!!! So excited for you and your hubby bubby!!!!! Us December applicants will go by quickly. CIC- New Delhi received my passport on Saturday and I'm hoping I get my decision made very soon!! Next month!!!

Do you remember exactly how many days your status went to "In Process" after they received your husbands passport?
Hi CanadiansWife,

Yes, my status changed to In Process on March 19th and we sent in our passport on March 1st so that's 19 days. Apparently, that change is erratic as some people haven't seen their E-Cas change at all. I think it really depends which VO is handlig your case.

HNIC

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Windsor
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2011
File Transfer...
09-02-2012
Interview........
27-06-2012
Passport Req..
27-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-01-213
Home alone

Hello Ladies and Gents!

I have applied for sponsorship at Missisauga on OCT 21 2011, approved the sponsorship and was sent to ND on Feb 9th 2012. I have not yet heard any updates since then. When originally filed back in october we have sent medicals and police clearance. Now that medicals set to expire on April 2nd. What shall i do? Does she has to do another medicals?

She currently working in India as Central Gov. Employee for last 10 years. We even sent the copies of passport, even in the passport has my name in it. Our marriage was Registered marriage. Not done at church or temple. My first marriage and her second marriage. Can someone please give me some helpful advises? May 11th is going to be our wedding anniversary. Of course i was hoping her to be here on My Bday which was this month. Oh God i hate this lonely life.

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
Re: Home alone

April 2? Ouch she did her medicals 6 months before you actually applied? She would need to redo them, however she needs to wait for the letter from ND advising her to redo it as the medical practitioner won't redo medicals without that letter (assuming she has already sent her passport to nd when they asked for it) redoing the medicals will add about additional 4 to 8 Weeks to the process.
Plus hers being a second marriage they will scrutinize it a little more ESP it was a civil ceremony.

PS hey hockey night who's your favorite team?

HNIC said:
Hello Ladies and Gents!

I have applied for sponsorship at Missisauga on OCT 21 2011, approved the sponsorship and was sent to ND on Feb 9th 2012. I have not yet heard any updates since then. When originally filed back in october we have sent medicals and police clearance. Now that medicals set to expire on April 2nd. What shall i do? Does she has to do another medicals?

She currently working in India as Central Gov. Employee for last 10 years. We even sent the copies of passport, even in the passport has my name in it. Our marriage was Registered marriage. Not done at church or temple. My first marriage and her second marriage. Can someone please give me some helpful advises? May 11th is going to be our wedding anniversary. Of course i was hoping her to be here on My Bday which was this month. Oh God i hate this lonely life.

HNIC

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Windsor
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2011
File Transfer...
09-02-2012
Interview........
27-06-2012
Passport Req..
27-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-01-213
Re: Home alone

singhson said:
April 2? Ouch she did her medicals 6 months before you actually applied? She would need to redo them, however she needs to wait for the letter from ND advising her to redo it as the medical practitioner won't redo medicals without that letter (assuming she has already sent her passport to nd when they asked for it) redoing the medicals will add about additional 4 to 8 Weeks to the process.
Plus hers being a second marriage they will scrutinize it a little more ESP it was a civil ceremony.

PS hey hockey night who's your favorite team?
She did her medicals on Oct.2nd 2011 and and application received in Missisauga on Oct 21. The sponsorship was approved on Feb 9th and sent to DELHI on 9th.
BTW I am an avid Oiler fan. Yeah they doing suck just like this visa process. I wonder if i can bring her for visitor deal. I can't wait this long. It has been a long winter in hockey wise and life wise lol