+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

comfortably numb

Star Member
Feb 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
9 march 2012
Arjun3 said:
At what point can someone know if an interview is required or waived? Need to make a call, or does it show up on the website?
u can never know ------------------------- seriously

Dreamsca

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/11
Doc's Request.
10/ NOV /11
Med's Done....
05/05/11
Passport Req..
1/ sept / 11 p p r date
nakash said:
Does anybody have a list and explanation of various acronyms used in this forum? For example, MP, AOR, COPR, PPR etc. This will help people like myself who are new to the forum.
I have sent in my application to sponsor my wife. Sharing my timeline:

Application received by CPC-M: February 1, 2012

Haven't received my file number yet.
MP, :- Member Of Parliament ( Canada )
AOR :- Acknowledgement of receipt
COPR : Confirmation of Permanent Residence document issued by the visa office( After Visa You Have to travel Ca with This Doc Along with PP
PPR:- Passport Request letter from ND ( New Delhi )
CAIPS / FOSS or GCMS notes :- 'Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System'
CSE :- case specific enquiry

rv_maria

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 19, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 03, 2012
File Transfer...
Apr 10, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Apr 23, 2012. Received by ND Apr 24, 2012. No Travel History. In Process- May 21, 2012.
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made - Jun 06, 2012. Passport received - Jun 10, 2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
How is the excel spreadsheet updated É

Airsun

Mar 24, 2012
macadamia said:
Hello all....my wife got her pp today with stamping...nice work by ND......in a week she is leaving India and another phase of my life starts!!!!!
Hello Macadamia, I am new to this forum. Saw that your wife got her visa already. Congratulations!

I was wondering if you can let me know what happened before your wife got visa? My husband already got letter asking him to submit his passport as well as to fill up Appendix A form (color of eyes, height, etc). Also, the letter that was sent to him shows a UCI number which does not belong to me. Does this mean his visa is already approved and ready for stamping? How long did it take for CHC-ND to return your wife's passport after she sent it to them. Did she also receive a letter with a UCI number on it?

Also, I have a query to all the bloggers out there. If the person does not have an Indian birth certificate available, what other documents can they show as proof? My husband has valid driving license from Qatar but only shows his year of birth. Can this be used in lieu of his birth certificate to prove his identity?

Hope someone out there can help.

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb 23, 2012 (New Delhi recieved it March 24, 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
Airsun said:
Hello Macadamia, I am new to this forum. Saw that your wife got her visa already. Congratulations!

I was wondering if you can let me know what happened before your wife got visa? My husband already got letter asking him to submit his passport as well as to fill up Appendix A form (color of eyes, height, etc). Also, the letter that was sent to him shows a UCI number which does not belong to me. Does this mean his visa is already approved and ready for stamping? How long did it take for CHC-ND to return your wife's passport after she sent it to them. Did she also receive a letter with a UCI number on it?

Also, I have a query to all the bloggers out there. If the person does not have an Indian birth certificate available, what other documents can they show as proof? My husband has valid driving license from Qatar but only shows his year of birth. Can this be used in lieu of his birth certificate to prove his identity?

After the passport request, it can take anywhere between 2 weeks to 2 months for the passport to return with the visa, if the case is straight fwd or somewhat straight forward. Does his Application number match? Do not worry about your UCI# now, since the file is now sent to New Delhi, what is more important now is your husband's application number and his log in details. You can refer to the spreadsheet for the timeline from users, to get an idea of how long something takes in this process. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnsA1_L-IeGFdC1rTlg2THdGakE1SUhfMXF1WFRpS2c&hl=en_US#gid=1

As far as your second question goes... I don't know about that one, maybe someone else can answer it??

Dreamsca

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/11
Doc's Request.
10/ NOV /11
Med's Done....
05/05/11
Passport Req..
1/ sept / 11 p p r date
Airsun said:

UCI = Universal Client Identification number or Unique Client Identifier. Basically it's just another file number that identifies you and your application.every applicant have this different number of UCI, so its not an issue .

Dreamsca

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/11
Doc's Request.
10/ NOV /11
Med's Done....
05/05/11
Passport Req..
1/ sept / 11 p p r date
CanadiansWife said:
After the passport request, it can take anywhere between 2 weeks to 2 months for the passport to return with the visa, if the case is straight fwd or somewhat straight forward. Does his Application number match? Do not worry about your UCI# now, since the file is now sent to New Delhi, what is more important now is your husband's application number and his log in details. You can refer to the spreadsheet for the timeline from users, to get an idea of how long something takes in this process. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnsA1_L-IeGFdC1rTlg2THdGakE1SUhfMXF1WFRpS2c&hl=en_US#gid=1

As far as your second question goes... I don't know about that one, maybe someone else can answer it??
ND Take On average 80% application are finalized (routine cases) within 6 months, after sponsorship approval from CPC-M. Remaining cases may take longer depending on individual case complexity. If you've no foreign travel history & it's first marriage both ends, then there are chances that your application will be finalized within 6 months.

The applications which don't fall under "routine cases" are the ones that take longer. Factors that may delay processing are (not limited to);

- previous refusals;
- second marriage;
- medical, security or criminal problems;
- suspected relationship of convenience;
- misrepresentation of marital status at time of marriage;
- previous deportation;
- inability to support self and family members due to legal obligations or other reasons;
- relationship of family members to principal applicant in doubt;
- marital status of family member suspected;
- sponsor under investigation for violation of the immigration regulations;
- outstanding criminal charge against sponsor;
- travel history
- The applicant or his or her family members require an interview
- Photos provided by the principal applicant and his or her family members do not comply
with specifications set out in Appendix C accompanying The Immigrant’s Guide
- A medical condition that may require additional tests or consultations
- Verification of information and documents provided (e.g., there may be lengthy
procedures for background checks in the countries where the applicant or his or her family
members have lived or need for a second interview for additional background screening)
- Unclear photocopies of documents
- Investigation of sponsors by CIC
- Incorrect, incomplete address or failure to notify CPC-M of a change of address

Etc.

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/11/2011 ( E CAS changed to "In process' on 5/2/2012.
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
mapledreams said:
Hello Everyone,

I see a lot of new people around here! Welcome aboard and good luck to you all!

@ Canadianswife: I'm happy to see your case move along! Good luck! I had my FB off, I'll send you a request when I go home since FB is banned at work!

@ Shamsia: Have a happy and safe trip! Which city will you be landing at?

@ Newdelhi: =( Don;t worry, I'm hoping you'll hear something soon

@ Singhson: Hello there, how are you??

Where is Siva, Vengat, Kuku??? Got busy with the spouses eh? :p

@ Yug and Gwalyat: Any significant progress in your cases? I hope you hear something good soon too!

@ Hambzik: Are you still active here??

Hello md

Long time ...

Busy with spouse and work both..Lol

So how have you been???

I can see many new names around...Good luck guys...this forum was very helpful to all of us who are done with the process...it was like a small family where we used to share our emotions, spew out frustrations towards ND office :) and fight over little things...it was fun...

gwalyat

Aug 29, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8APRIL 2011
File Transfer...
19MAY 2011 (REC BY ND)
Interview........
6SEP 2011
Passport Req..
7JUNE 2011
VISA ISSUED...
DECISION MADE 11JULY 2012 PP REC...........: 14JULY2012
LANDED..........
20JULY 2012
thx dear
mapledreams said:
Hello Everyone,

I see a lot of new people around here! Welcome aboard and good luck to you all!

@ Canadianswife: I'm happy to see your case move along! Good luck! I had my FB off, I'll send you a request when I go home since FB is banned at work!

@ Shamsia: Have a happy and safe trip! Which city will you be landing at?

@ Newdelhi: =( Don;t worry, I'm hoping you'll hear something soon

@ Singhson: Hello there, how are you??

Where is Siva, Vengat, Kuku??? Got busy with the spouses eh? :p

@ Yug and Gwalyat: Any significant progress in your cases? I hope you hear something good soon too!

@ Hambzik: Are you still active here??

ksunny

Star Member
Nov 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2011
AOR Received.
30-12-2011 but e-mail received 06-02-2012
File Transfer...
15-02-2012
Med's Request
E-Cas shows Medical Received
Med's Done....
12-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2012 was In Process on March 19, 2012
LANDED..........
06-04-2012
dinmab said:
hello ppl

my status changed on a SATURDAY !! to In Process
Congrats dinmab!! Hopefully you will get DM really soon!

aybee

Nov 2, 2009
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-October-2009
IELTS Request
overall - 8 (7 above in each)
LANDED..........
5-July-2010
hello guys,

I will be getting married in July and will probably be filing my case in august. One of my friends had applied in July 2011 and his case is still in process, tough they have his wife's passport since November.

someone told me that the CIC is going to increase the timeline to 15 months. I do not want to get anyone worried or nervous or to spread any rumors. this is just a query. I am not at all worried about the 2 year TR, but longer processing time scares the hell out of me.

What is the normal timeline these days

I Landed in Canada in July 2010 and have had a very good run in settling in Toronto. But i have no idea about Spouse PR

comfortably numb

Star Member
Feb 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
9 march 2012
Airsun said:

u need a birth certificate for immigration purposes. PERIOD !
that being said, ppl born before 1947 rarely have their certificates. for them its an exception.
BUT THE BIG QUESTION IS !

HOW DID U GET A PASSPORT WITHOUT B.C. ???????/////

comfortably numb

Star Member
Feb 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
9 march 2012
kuku said:
Hello md

Long time ...

Busy with spouse and work both..Lol

So how have you been???

I can see many new names around...Good luck guys...this forum was very helpful to all of us who are done with the process...it was like a small family where we used to share our emotions, spew out frustrations towards ND office :) and fight over little things...it was fun...

KI HAAL KUKU PAAJI ~~~ ?
REACHED US ?

sonyji

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
abad.vs said:
My spouse had travel few times to europe... MP cannot do much but osme how finally the decision was made.. hope this info was helpfull.... sorry for the later reply.

after such long waiting, you got succeed. That's more important thing.. Congratulations..

Could you please advice if your partner has any Travel history?
Did embassy asked you to send them any other documents??
As per your last comment, you said your partner has cleared his interview last year then it was very long time you lot waited..
When you contact your MP, didn't they push your VO??

Cheers