+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

HNIC

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Windsor
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2011
File Transfer...
09-02-2012
Interview........
27-06-2012
Passport Req..
27-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-01-213
Re: Home alone

singhson said:
I'm a die hard oiler too. we're building a good team.

As for the medicals they are good for a year. Don't stress too much, ur wife has a very high chance of getting the visa. Spousal sponsorship has the highest success rate. If work permits take a week or 2 off and go down there. I went down there once for less than a week.
She got her Passport request finally. I think it was in spam folder, hmmm go figure. Thanks Singhson for the reply and heck yeah GO OILERS GO. hope NUGE wins the calder. ;D

pandapenda

Sep 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
Doc's Request.
17-02-2012
File Transfer...
07-11-2011
Interview........
None - 2 years of travel history
Passport Req..
8-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-14-2012
Hi guys,

It is comforting to know that we are not alone and there are others how have applied in Aug, Sept and Oct who are also still waiting. So in away our files are still being processed normally. Nothing to worry about....only frustrated

Bit of background, we applied end of August. File transferred mid November. Status on ECAS Application received. Medicals Received. Passport requested Dec. Additional photos of religious ceremony, family outings after marriage, and proof of living together requested in Feb - request not received until Mar start. Information sent in immediately. And now still waiting. My husband has traveled a lot.......

What puzzled us was the request for proof of living together....we don't live together that's why we want his pr done! Anyways sent an affidavit outlining all the days we have ever lived together as a couple which has luckily been around 14 weeks.

Arjun3

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2012
AOR Received.
16-07-2012
File Transfer...
17-07-2012
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
12-11-2012
pandapenda said:
Additional photos of religious ceremony, family outings after marriage, and proof of living together requested in Feb - request not received until Mar start. Information sent in immediately. And now still waiting. My husband has traveled a lot.......

What puzzled us was the request for proof of living together....we don't live together that's why we want his pr done! Anyways sent an affidavit outlining all the days we have ever lived together as a couple which has luckily been around 14 weeks.
How many photos were sent with the application before the request for additional photos?

aniadoor

Star Member
Dec 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2011
File Transfer...
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
14-02-2012 (changed to 'In Process' on 16 April)
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
pandapenda said:
Hi guys,

It is comforting to know that we are not alone and there are others how have applied in Aug, Sept and Oct who are also still waiting. So in away our files are still being processed normally. Nothing to worry about....only frustrated

Bit of background, we applied end of August. File transferred mid November. Status on ECAS Application received. Medicals Received. Passport requested Dec. Additional photos of religious ceremony, family outings after marriage, and proof of living together requested in Feb - request not received until Mar start. Information sent in immediately. And now still waiting. My husband has traveled a lot.......

Hi pandapenda
when you said "Additional photos of religious ceremony, family outings after marriage, and proof of living together requested in Feb -request not received until Mar start. Information sent in immediately."
I was wondering why it took long until march to send the required doc , if it was requested in feb.

I was requested to send in more photos of wedding and honeymoon. still waiting for any response. :(

ksunny

Star Member
Nov 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2011
AOR Received.
30-12-2011 but e-mail received 06-02-2012
File Transfer...
15-02-2012
Med's Request
E-Cas shows Medical Received
Med's Done....
12-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2012 was In Process on March 19, 2012
LANDED..........
06-04-2012
I'm just curious to know if everyone who has been requested to send additional documents had their application prepared through an immigration consultant. If so, should those consultants not know to recommend to their clients how much information is enough so these type of requests don't slow down the process even more?!?!

This truly amazes me and its a shame that these people are being paid to help you build one of the most important cases of your life are not doing their absolute best to make sure you are fully supporting yourself! Ridiculous!

Arjun3

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2012
AOR Received.
16-07-2012
File Transfer...
17-07-2012
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
12-11-2012
ksunny said:
I'm just curious to know if everyone who has been requested to send additional documents had their application prepared through an immigration consultant. If so, should those consultants not know to recommend to their clients how much information is enough so these type of requests don't slow down the process even more?!?!

This truly amazes me and its a shame that these people are being paid to help you build one of the most important cases of your life are not doing their absolute best to make sure you are fully supporting yourself! Ridiculous!
Hi Ksunny,

congratulations on getting the DM

How many photos did you send in? how long did you two lived together? Did you send in ample after-wedding photos?

ksunny

Star Member
Nov 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2011
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-02-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
12-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
06-04-2012
Arjun3 said:
Hi Ksunny,

congratulations on getting the DM

How many photos did you send in? how long did you two lived together? Did you send in ample after-wedding photos?
Hi Arjun3,

Thank you! I sent in around 100 pics and we lived together for about 2 months. I didn't send any after wedding photos until they requested my PP and then I sent them our honeymoon photos to show the continued relationship.

Good luck to you!

pandapenda

Sep 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
Doc's Request.
17-02-2012
File Transfer...
07-11-2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
8-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-14-2012
We employed a Canadian lawyer to complete our paperwork for us. So the request for additional information was sent to him in Canada by mail and took 3 weeks to arrive.

We had a Canadian wedding and reception but in our application we noted that we were having a religious wedding and reception in India as well. So they requested photographs of the religious wedding which we did not have when we had originally sent in our application.

We had submitted around 50 photographs initially and submitted an additional 20 photographs upon request.

pandapenda

Sep 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
Doc's Request.
17-02-2012
File Transfer...
07-11-2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
8-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-14-2012
aniadoor said:
Hi pandapenda
when you said "Additional photos of religious ceremony, family outings after marriage, and proof of living together requested in Feb -request not received until Mar start. Information sent in immediately."
I was wondering why it took long until march to send the required doc , if it was requested in feb.

I was requested to send in more photos of wedding and honeymoon. still waiting for any response. :(
We sent the requested information our on March 12. It was received by ND on Mar 16 (confirmed by courier service). We have not heard anything since.

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb 23, 2012 (New Delhi recieved it March 24, 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
My status still says "Application Received" with no address listed (it was not listed at all yet) and does not say "Medicals received" yet)! I want my status to say "In Process" in my ECas already!!

It's true what they say, you get impatient after they receive your passport in the mail :p

@ KSunny Did you ever see your husbands address on ECas?? Did they not list his address at all, and just straight listed your Canadian address when it was changed to DM?

Cricket365

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Currently in Toronto
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Jan-2012
Doc's Request.
Not Yet
File Transfer...
transfered to ND on 27th Feb 2012
Med's Done....
September, 2011
Interview........
31st July 2012
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
ajith111 said:
GCM notes or CAIPS info:

CAIPS, for the uninitiated, stands for Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System, the software used by Citizenship and Immigration Canada and Canadian diplomatic missions to track visa applications.

To obtain your CAIPS notes, you do need to know someone living in Canada, either a citizen or a permanent resident, who will be willing to mail the request for you. If you already in Canada, you can however send in the application yourself.

A Canadian citizen living abroad can also send in the application on your behalf, but there is a C$5 fee in this situation.

(Note: An In-Canada applicant can also obtain their FOSS notes using the same procedure as detailed here).

First off, you need to download the application form. You will find this at the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website at this link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563B.pdf

The form is pretty straightforward, with explanations on what needs to be provided. You will need to fill in your file number (usually starts with a “B”, “V”, “E” or an “S”), the embassy where you applied (e.g. Buffalo or New Delhi), and the address in Canada.

If you do not know your file number, you can indicate this in the form, though there may be a delay in you getting your CAIPS notes.

You need to provide a Consent Letter, authorizing release of the information to the person applying on your behalf, who will also have to write a Formal Request letter asking for the CAIPS notes. A copy of that person's passport or other document proving legal residency in Canada also needs to be attached.

All the papers then need to be mailed to this address:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator
Narono Building
360 Laurier Avenue West, 10th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Canada

Alternately, you can fax all the papers to CIC at 1-613-957-6517, though some applicants say there have been delays when using this method.

Standard processing time is under a month. However if there is a long delay in getting a response, you can call the CIC at 1-613-957-6512 for a follow-up.
When is the best time to ask for the CAIPS or GCM notes. My application is filed on 6th January 2012 at CPC-M. In my Ecase it is only Medical is received.Not in Progress yet. So when should I can ask for the CAIPs? any suggestion?

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
Cricket365 said:
When is the best time to ask for the CAIPS or GCM notes. My application is filed on 6th January 2012 at CPC-M. In my Ecase it is only Medical is received.Not in Progress yet. So when should I can ask for the CAIPs? any suggestion?
Not until 5 - 6months into your application, if it is not DM before that

ksunny

Star Member
Nov 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2011
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-02-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
12-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
06-04-2012
CanadiansWife said:
My status still says "Application Received" with no address listed (it was not listed at all yet) and does not say "Medicals received" yet)! I want my status to say "In Process" in my ECas already!!

It's true what they say, you get impatient after they receive your passport in the mail :p

@ KSunny Did you ever see your husbands address on ECas?? Did they not list his address at all, and just straight listed your Canadian address when it was changed to DM?
Hi CanadiansWife

When I log in under my husband's details, I have never seen an address show up. When I log in under my own details as the sponsor, I've always seen my own address. Also, when my e-cas was activated, we had the "Medicals have been received" update right away. I also have not seen the update saying "We have made a decision on your application and you should be receiving something shortly" Just our status says Decision Made.

Hope that helps!

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
ksunny said:
Hi CanadiansWife

When I log in under my husband's details, I have never seen an address show up. When I log in under my own details as the sponsor, I've always seen my own address. Also, when my e-cas was activated, we had the "Medicals have been received" update right away. I also have not seen the update saying "We have made a decision on your application and you should be receiving something shortly" Just our status says Decision Made.

Hope that helps!
Same here with the address situation.

But I have not seen "Medicals Received" updated on my Ecas yet. Although, they do have my PP now, with the copy of PPR letter. I guess it depends on the officer, and how often they update the ECas. I did my medicals back in November, so they should be able to track it down by now.

And you are good to go with the "Decision Made." Recently, a user posted about the same issue in their ECas as well- they made a thread about it. So Congrats!!!! :)