+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

Borntowin

Aug 4, 2011
Jai Hind
Category........
Visa Office......
Capital Of India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 APR 2011
Doc's Request.
16 JUN 2011 & 04 AUG 2011
AOR Received.
10 MAY 2011
File Transfer...
21 MAY 2011
Med's Request
01 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
15 FEB 2012
Interview........
15 MAY 2012 (SECURITY INTERVIEW)
Passport Req..
04 JUL 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 MAY 2012
LANDED..........
BY ALMIGHTY GRACE ; LANDED GTA SAFELY ON 18 MAY 2012 ! Recvd PR Card on 17 July.
aman3151 said:
can nybdy plz tell me..wat is the proper adress of new delhi visa office where i have to go 4r my spouse visa enquiry..wat is da tyming??
plz tell me...i got ppr in april..nd its more dn 4 months..i dont have ny clue wat hapened..so i want to go there..also tell me wat shld i take along wd me
Hello

Here is the link regarding the address and the timings http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/new-delhi.asp

CHC Delhi is open to general public from Mon-Thur, 11am -12 Pm only but not allowed on Fridays and more over you can do Case specific enquiry or general enquiry by emails. Contact your local MP he can help you to get updates on your case file, I guess its almost 6 months passed.

Kindly take PPR copy with you, if your visiting CHC Delhi.

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
fprince said:
Hey, it is close to 5 months, did you get your PPR? if not NO you should email them immediately....
Even if YES, you should email them as you are very close to 6 months now
@fprince
i contact mp today they tol me to email them details i sent all details.
what will be the next step?what do u think??

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
mirmukaramali said:
@ fprince
They will contact you back with updates within 10 days,
all the best my friend.

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I am a newcomer to this forum and would greatly appreciate receiving some advice.

I'm a Canadian citizen but originally my nationality was Indian because my parents are from there. I never lived in India; I was born and raised in the Middle East until my family immigrated to Canada. My fiancé, who is Indian, was recently denied a visitor visa to come to Canada, which was hugely disappointing as we hoped to get married in August. I have my parents and a lot of siblings here in Canada and they cannot travel to India if we were to do the wedding there. So now we are thinking about doing a simple civil ceremony in India in the next month or so, and would like to postpone the church wedding and big reception until he gets his PR visa and joins me here.

However, I understand that some people think the Delhi office looks more favourably on applications where both a civil and religious ceremony have been conducted, as this is generally what Indian couples do. As I've never lived in India, I'm not very familiar with how things are normally done there. It seems unreasonable to expect couples to do a religious ceremony in India simply to conform to norms, but we'll go ahead and do it if it improves our chances of success in the end.

My fiancé and I have known each other all our lives as we went to the same school in the Middle East. However, once my family immigrated to Canada and his returned to India, we lost touch and only reconnected in Canada in 2008 (he was here on a visitor visa for his cousin's wedding, and all the families know each other well). We started corresponding, and then moved to telephone calls, and I visited him in India in 2009 and earlier in 2011. We took a lot of time to see whether the long distance relationship would last, and finally made the decision to get engaged a few months ago.

Like many of you, we're prepared to do whatever is necessary to ensure his PR application is successful. I'd really appreciate your perspective on whether you think the civil ceremony would suffice to become legally married and launch the PR application, or whether it would look better to the visa officer if we did both the civil and church weddings in India, even though only his family will be there.

Sorry for the lengthy post and thank you in advance!

RAV23

Star Member
Jul 24, 2011
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5 may
AOR Received.
6 june
File Transfer...
16 june reached delhi
Med's Done....
feb
Passport Req..
14 sep
VISA ISSUED...
30 sep
LANDED..........
23 oct
mirmukaramali said:
@ fprince
gud luck mirmukaramali..........

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
RAV23 said:
gud luck mirmukaramali..........
thnx man i had to do that,because its already 4 months no PPR yet.
what is you sstatus???

RAV23

Star Member
Jul 24, 2011
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5 may
AOR Received.
6 june
File Transfer...
16 june reached delhi
Med's Done....
feb
Passport Req..
14 sep
VISA ISSUED...
30 sep
LANDED..........
23 oct
mirmukaramali said:
thnx man i had to do that,because its already 4 months no PPR yet.
what is you sstatus???

no update in my status n i contact to MP he told me to wait for 15days more den if i didn't get any update he will contact to delhi office n give me the status of my case....

Borntowin

Aug 4, 2011
Jai Hind
Category........
Visa Office......
Capital Of India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 APR 2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10 MAY 2011
File Transfer...
21 MAY 2011
Med's Request
01 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
15 FEB 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
04 JUL 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 MAY 2012
LANDED..........
BY ALMIGHTY GRACE ; LANDED GTA SAFELY ON 18 MAY 2012 ! Recvd PR Card on 17 July.
amira_mais said:
Hello,

I am a newcomer to this forum and would greatly appreciate receiving some advice.

I'm a Canadian citizen but originally my nationality was Indian because my parents are from there. I never lived in India; I was born and raised in the Middle East until my family immigrated to Canada. My fiancé, who is Indian, was recently denied a visitor visa to come to Canada, which was hugely disappointing as we hoped to get married in August. I have my parents and a lot of siblings here in Canada and they cannot travel to India if we were to do the wedding there. So now we are thinking about doing a simple civil ceremony in India in the next month or so, and would like to postpone the church wedding and big reception until he gets his PR visa and joins me here.

However, I understand that some people think the Delhi office looks more favourably on applications where both a civil and religious ceremony have been conducted, as this is generally what Indian couples do. As I've never lived in India, I'm not very familiar with how things are normally done there. It seems unreasonable to expect couples to do a religious ceremony in India simply to conform to norms, but we'll go ahead and do it if it improves our chances of success in the end.

My fiancé and I have known each other all our lives as we went to the same school in the Middle East. However, once my family immigrated to Canada and his returned to India, we lost touch and only reconnected in Canada in 2008 (he was here on a visitor visa for his cousin's wedding, and all the families know each other well). We started corresponding, and then moved to telephone calls, and I visited him in India in 2009 and earlier in 2011. We took a lot of time to see whether the long distance relationship would last, and finally made the decision to get engaged a few months ago.

Like many of you, we're prepared to do whatever is necessary to ensure his PR application is successful. I'd really appreciate your perspective on whether you think the civil ceremony would suffice to become legally married and launch the PR application, or whether it would look better to the visa officer if we did both the civil and church weddings in India, even though only his family will be there.

Sorry for the lengthy post and thank you in advance!
Welcome to this forum.

Well, don't get frustration on CHC for denying visitors visa for your fiance.

Since you know each other from school days and I guess your having enough bunches of proofs to prove d genuine relationship.

So go head with the civil marriage or church marriages which ever is convenient for both of your family members, even if you wants to get marriage in the registrar office there are priest who conducts marriage as per christian rites and issue you a church marriage certificate and government certificate.

Check this link you will get a better idea before filing PR application http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3905e.pdf

Well one of my friend did registrar marriage @ Bhopal (India) and he submitted Govt marriage certificate for PR, now he is in Alberta got his PR last year. Religious or Govt both are valid.

Now a days PR applications are getting delayed due to extensive BC and more over your fiance has been in Middle east or other overseas places, there are chances it may delayed from normal processing time i.e 6 months to 8 months or more, depends how fast BC is done and on the VO.

Take care and best wishes.

Borntowin

Aug 4, 2011
Jai Hind
Category........
Visa Office......
Capital Of India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 APR 2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10 MAY 2011
File Transfer...
21 MAY 2011
Med's Request
01 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
15 FEB 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
04 JUL 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 MAY 2012
LANDED..........
AS PER SPREAD SHEET IN THIS FORUM

4 LUCKY PERSONS WHO GOT THERE VISA SOON AFTER SUBMISSION OF THERE PASSPORTS IN THE MONTH OF JUN & JUL :)

8 MEMBERS ARE WAITING FOR VISA AFTER SUBMISSION OF THERE PASSPORTS IN THE MONTH OF JUN & JUL :(

6 MEMBERS ARE WAITING FOR PPR FROM SINCE MAY & JUN :mad:

Whats hell happening with the CHC New Delhi.......... please grant us visa soon. Wishing everyone best wishes..............

Canadahopes

Aug 4, 2011
fprince said:
Hi, First Question.
Which CAT is this? are you applying under the spousal sponsorship class or something else?
You should never have a situation like what you have if you have applied for the spousal class immigration in CHC ND .
Can you clarify.
Hi fPrince,

I applied to CIO on the 10th Dec 2010. Received a positive eligibility on 3rd March 2011, Received by NDVO on the 24th March 2011.,Received 2nd AOR on 4th April 2011. My category is FSW 1 and NOC is 2121. What is taking NDVO so long is a mystery. People around my timelines have got MR, PPR.

Could you mind suggesting what action to be taken? Could there be some major problem?

Regards,
Canadahopes.

Borntowin

Aug 4, 2011
Jai Hind
Category........
Visa Office......
Capital Of India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 APR 2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10 MAY 2011
File Transfer...
21 MAY 2011
Med's Request
01 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
15 FEB 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
04 JUL 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 MAY 2012
LANDED..........
Canadahopes said:
Hi fPrince,

I applied to CIO on the 10th Dec 2010. Received a positive eligibility on 3rd March 2011, Received by NDVO on the 24th March 2011.,Received 2nd AOR on 4th April 2011. My category is FSW 1 and NOC is 2121. What is taking NDVO so long is a mystery. People around my timelines have got MR, PPR.

Could you mind suggesting what action to be taken? Could there be some major problem?

Regards,
Canadahopes.
Hello this is spousal forum.

Your queries will be solved in skilled worker/professional immigration forum.

Kindly check this spreadsheet where you can find your NOC 2121 here & you will get a better idea https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CNqatbgL&key=0AoMNoUGlfn4mdE55Yml3cmxLd1hCR3RlQmIwenBkQ3c&authkey=CNqatbgL#gid=0.

Well discuss your queries in this link,http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/applications-after-266-in-any-noc-connect-here-to-get-the-status-t49421.42870.html

As per spread sheet for FSW NOC 2121, I have noticed that the average time for finalization of visa is taking around 225 - 330 days.

Hope this will help you out friend.

Best wishes.

im_ricky

Star Member
Aug 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27 May
File Transfer...
7 June- 20 July in process
Med's Done....
05 April
Passport Req..
not yet
i applied for spouse visa
may 27 - sponsorship approved
june 07- file reached New delhi
july 20- file processing started at new delhi and says that medical results received
so how much time might it take from now?
n wats the average time it takes to get a spouse visa? :(