+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residence pathway for Colombian, Haitian and Venezuelan nationals

Cgar

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
Is there anyone else who was accepted? Passport request etc.
There will probably be more than a few who have had their applications approved by now. Most people post do not mention it on the internet, my assumption is that only less 10% people speak about it online. So, if you have an AOR already (even if you are waiting for one), rest assured your application will be processed sooner or later. Good luck!

Chanel347

Jan 5, 2024
The application for my brother-in-law just got return to complete some documents, but there is no way we can upload anything, it not letting us do. Has also a message like the applications limit is complete. We did apply in November, not sure why they say it is expired because we were in the limit time.
Did it happen to anybody else???

Feel like a nicer excuse then saying it is rejected, but it is not the case!!!! Weird!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The application for my brother-in-law just got return to complete some documents, but there is no way we can upload anything, it not letting us do. Has also a message like the applications limit is complete. We did apply in November, not sure why they say it is expired because we were in the limit time.

Feel like a nicer excuse then saying it is rejected, but it is not the case!!!! Weird!!!
Your application has to be complete when it's submitted to be counted. If your application is incomplete, you're essentially reapplying from scratch.

IRCC consistently uses the term incomplete for applications that are missing documents and don't meet the basic criteria to be accepted. Refusals are where you submit a complete application but IRCC then rejects at a later date for other reasons.

Chanel347

Jan 5, 2024
Your application has to be complete when it's submitted to be counted. If your application is incomplete, you're essentially reapplying from scratch.

IRCC consistently uses the term incomplete for applications that are missing documents and don't meet the basic criteria to be accepted. Refusals are where you submit a complete application but IRCC then rejects at a later date for other reasons.
It was completed. This is what I don't understand.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It was completed. This is what I don't understand.
I don't understand. If they were asking him to complete some documents then it sounds like the application was in complete. Maybe this is a different scenario. You need to provide the full text of the message received.

Cgar

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023

Sadly, that is the case, submission have been closed completely. You cannot submit a new application or make corrections. IRCC does not allow corrections if the applications are incomplete, that is why it is important to check your application in detail before you submit it. Since the program was open for a while, applicants were able to make corrections and resubmit. But I can assure you that has never happened with any other program before, and I doubt it will happen again.

If your application was marked incomplete, more than likely you forgot to attach the provincial ID of the anchor (the criteria is detailed in the guide), you will need to check the guide again to see what you missed. Another possibility is that the signature of the notary was missing or perhaps one of the translations. When they return an application, they usually mark the section which was incomplete.

I am sorry about your return, I hope you have better luck with your other applications.

Cgar

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
I don't understand. If they were asking him to complete some documents then it sounds like the application was in complete. Maybe this is a different scenario. You need to provide the full text of the message received.
I think she is talking about two different things, one that the application was marked as incomplete and also that they have reached the limit for applications. Most applicants in this program are new to immigration applications and do not understand the nuances of what it means to have a complete application and what documents they needed to provide. Sadly, most dont follow the guide carefully.

Reactions: scylla

Chanel347

Jan 5, 2024
The only thing I can guess is that the document was too large and they were unable to open it or something. I had myself some difficulty. Just not impress that I didn’t notice or that I was able to upload it anyway.
Just sent a webform with it and hope for the best! Nothing much can be done!!!!! Thanks for your support!

karenes29

Dec 30, 2016

Something was missing in your application and that is why it got returned. Anything returned after December 30th, is not allowed to resubmit or correct mistakes because they closed the portal

frange

May 25, 2018
My brother did receive his AOR for the humanitarian program.
For personal reasons, he did not want to travel with his family.
As such, his family was declared as non accompanying.
Now, he changes his mind and want to travel with his family.
How he can handle this? What the steps are in order to do that.

NB: He already declared all the family members and provided all the information regarding them.
He ONLY declared them as NON ACCOMPANYING.
Now, he wants them to travel with him by using the privilege and benefits of the humanitarian program.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Cgar

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023

NB: He already declared all the family members and provided all the information regarding them.
Now, he wants them to travel with him by using the privilege and benefits of the humanitarian program.

Thank you.
I am sure that as long as they were declared, he should be able to change them to accompanying. You might have to dig deeper into the forums to find exactly what you need to do. Here is one thread you can check out:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/changing-non-accompanying-status-of-dependents-to-accompanying-after-ppr.570133/

Good Luck!

Reactions: frange

karenes29

Dec 30, 2016

Thank you.
has he been requested to do biometrics? Did they request biometrics for his family too even if declared non-acompanying? They usually do this for a reason