+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing non-accompanying status of dependents to accompanying after PPR

maitreya

Mar 9, 2017
I have got my PPR request. Is it advisable to request Visa officer to change the status of earlier declared non - accompanying status of dependents to accompanying now?
The VISA officer has asked for payment receipt for further processing: In order for us to continue the review of your application, we require the following documents:

Payment Receipt: Processing fees are required for all accompanying family members. The processing fee for your spouse and child is $700 ($550 for spouse, $150 for child). The Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) is also required for your spouse ($490). Therefore, the total amount required is $1190. Please consult our website for instructions on how to complete payment: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp?cat=temp&_ga=2.96226332.1264607222.1530887665-673708340.1517509770
This must be received at this office by 1 week.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can't just request to change the non-accompanying status to accompanying just like that. Your points total will be reassessed if that is why your family is non-accompanying or you will have to resubmit. You received a standardized statement. So only do what is relevant to your case.

maitreya

Mar 9, 2017
You can't just request to change the non-accompanying status to accompanying just like that. Your points total will be reassessed if that is why your family is non-accompanying or you will have to resubmit. You received a standardized statement. So only do what is relevant to your case.
Thanks canuck78 for your reply. Yes, so wanted to know what is advisable in such cases. I had less points to start with i.e. 407 last year when i submitted my application (PNP Ontario). My wife has less IELTS score of 6.5. I don't want to take risk of a recalculation and loose my PR as well. So should i get my PR first and later sponsor spouse and kids?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just so you know you can have kids in your application.

Unfortunately for your spouse, that can trigger whole points recalculation.
The reason behind is following.
They are not allow to recalculate points if there was a family composition change (a nice loophole for all who wants to marry right after ITA).
However in your case there was no such change. Your spouse was your spouse all the time. So adding her back can result in whole application rejection.

maitreya

Mar 9, 2017
just so you know you can have kids in your application.

Unfortunately for your spouse, that can trigger whole points recalculation.
The reason behind is following.
They are not allow to recalculate points if there was a family composition change (a nice loophole for all who wants to marry right after ITA).
However in your case there was no such change. Your spouse was your spouse all the time. So adding her back can result in whole application rejection.
Thanks Vensak and Canuck78 for your kind replies and providing me crucial info.

maitreya

Mar 9, 2017
So i will go ahead and ignore VISA officer webform response and let only my PR application proceed with my wife and kid as non-accompanying.
I have submitted my passport for stamping 2 days back. I requested the Visa Officer to see if the status can be changed using a WEBFORM. Hope he just told me that it can be changed, but i hope he didn't change it actually in application? Please check his complete response and let me know, if i can safely ignore the webform response. I am worried about the last line ---" that was provided with your application and your application could be refused.":

Webform reply:
===========================================================================================================
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. You have requested to change your spouse and child from non-accompanying to accompanying you to Canada. In order for us to continue the review of your application, we require the following documents:
 11xxxxxxxxxxxxxx - <My Name>
 > Payment Receipt: Processing fees are required for all accompanying family members. The processing fee for your spouse and child is $700 ($550 for spouse, $150 for child). The Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) is also required for your spouse ($490). Therefore, the total amount required is $1190. Please consult our website for instructions on how to complete payment: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp?cat=temp&_ga=2.96226332.1264607222.1530887665-673708340.1517509770
 This must be received at this office by: 2018/07/13
Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account.
Please note: The above information/documents must be received within 7 days from the date of this correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information that was provided with your application and your application could be refused.

Bundhun

Nov 8, 2018
Hi there

I want to include my child as non-accompanying dependents on my CSQ - Quebec. What should i do?

thanks

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there

I want to include my child as non-accompanying dependents on my CSQ - Quebec. What should i do?

thanks
Attention,
Unlike for EE, where children do not matter (as long as you can show enough money), children for CSQ are giving you points most of the time. So again, deleting them from your application may result in you loosing some points (of course unless the application is based on a work offer).
Be aware of that part.

maitreya

Mar 9, 2017
For me it went well and i got the COPR for me, wife and kid. My consultant did some checks and talked with agents for confirmation. Once all done, we did for all 3 of us.

drerhys

Nov 6, 2017
For me it went well and i got the COPR for me, wife and kid. My consultant did some checks and talked with agents for confirmation. Once all done, we did for all 3 of us.
Hi I'm in a similar situation and wish to add my spouse after PPR. Were your points recalculated?

maitreya

Mar 9, 2017
Hi I'm in a similar situation and wish to add my spouse after PPR. Were your points recalculated?
Hi Drerhys,

I am not sure on this. I called the CIC agents on the same, but they didn't give me convincing answer. Since I had nomination I had lot of cover even if recalculation happened. I asked them if there is any document process by CIC on the same, but they don't have any.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Drerhys,

I am not sure on this. I called the CIC agents on the same, but they didn't give me convincing answer. Since I had nomination I had lot of cover even if recalculation happened. I asked them if there is any document process by CIC on the same, but they don't have any.
If you have a PNP, you have to inform your province as well. As it might be the case that you will not be eligible for PNP to begin with (for example if you got OINP HCP nomination, but your points with spouse would be less than 400). So you also need to be aware of that.

And yes nothing is stopping them from recalculating your points.

vishalsag

Feb 21, 2019
How much time you had to wait after submitting the documents ??