+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residence pathway for Colombian, Haitian and Venezuelan nationals

Chanel347

Jan 5, 2024
I think she is talking about two different things, one that the application was marked as incomplete and also that they have reached the limit for applications. Most applicants in this program are new to immigration applications and do not understand the nuances of what it means to have a complete application and what documents they needed to provide. Sadly, most dont follow the guide carefully.
No I wasn’t! I am Canadian and completed several applications in the past 12 years. Pretty much knowing what to do!

Reactions: Cgar

BC1989

May 27, 2021
My partner applied for her sister and two of her sisters sons. One is 17 and other is 9 . They have different fathers). She received the biometrics for her sister and 17 year old son today but not the other son. Why would this happen? Would there be a reason behind this or will she receive the biometrics for other son later.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My partner applied for her sister and two of her sisters sons. One is 17 and other is 9 . They have different fathers). She received the biometrics for her sister and 17 year old son today but not the other son. Why would this happen? Would there be a reason behind this or will she receive the biometrics for other son later.
A nine year old doesn’t give biometrics.

Reactions: faithey

Cgar

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
The program is temporarily close since Dec. 3oth.
Unfortunately, it is not temporarily closed. But, closed for submissions. According to the official statements from IRCC, they have received the maximum number of applications for the category. They believe they have enough applications to reach their target.

This is not surprising, they were open for 44 days and people were able to resubmit returns. I am surprised they did not close earlier. You can easily assume they have more than enough applications, since they need to approve 3500 applications for which they are giving 6600 AORs. 3500 applications according to their assumption equals 11000 people, for those that are confused.

Cgar

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
Thank you very much. One more thing . Has anyone made a second application and got the AOR or are they only allowing one application per anchor?
You could have made multiple applications when the program was open. The program is now closed for new applications, they are processing applications already received.

People who submitted a 2nd application when the program was open for submissions after their 1st application was returned have received an AOR for their second application. So, if you were able to make the correction within time and submit it before the submissions closed, your application would be processed.

Cgar

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
Thank you very much. One more thing . Has anyone made a second application and got the AOR or are they only allowing one application per anchor?
You could have made multiple applications when the program was open. The program is now closed for new applications, they are processing applications already received.

People who submitted a 2nd application when the program was open for submissions after their 1st application was returned have received an AOR for their second application. So, if you were able to make the correction within time and submit it before the submissions closed, your application would be processed.
If you are worried that IRCC won't answer your second application, if you submitted the application before December 30th, you have nothing to worry about. Even if there were more than 2 or 3 applications, IRCC will answer all your applications, and as long as the applications were complete, you will receive an AOR. So, you just have to be patient. Good Luck!

Khernandez

Dec 1, 2023
Has anyone received news this year?
My parents underwent biometrics and medical exams on December 19 and we have not heard anything more.

Cgar

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
My parents underwent biometrics and medical exams on December 19 and we have not heard anything more.
Do not worry, you are well on track. You will hear something soon. Right now, people are receiving AORs, others have received medical or biometrics requests too. I am not sure if people have received approvals in January but I am sure you will hear more of that in the coming weeks.

Reactions: Khernandez

qmzbikes

Jan 8, 2024
When did you submit your application? I think the process is getting slower. I only got the AOR on december 10th.

Saralynn97

Mar 7, 2018
hey guys wanted to share my timeline. Also I’m from Haiti.

Application (submission) date: 2023-11-23
Application returned: 2023-12-09
Date of resubmission: 2023-12-09
Date AOR received: 2024-01-12
Date of biometrics:
Date of medical exam:
Application response: Approved/Denied
Passport(s) request date:
Passport(s) received date: