+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

JPRAVELO

Jan 28, 2009
freeradical17 said:
Hi, Did anyone receive the PR cards? Looks like they are sending letters for us to collect PR cards. Its a pain to travel to Alberta just for collecting PR cards.

-FR
We landed mid-may and have not received our cards yet. I called last week after several times and there is a problem with the photos and they have some delays. Next month I am going to received a letter stating what I have to do to pick them up.

Regards

DILSE

Apr 21, 2009
JPRAVELO,

How do you know that you have to pick up the are not going to send in the mail because for first time/ initial card they will mail it.

JPRAVELO said:
We landed mid-may and have not received our cards yet. I called last week after several times and there is a problem with the photos and they have some delays. Next month I am going to received a letter stating what I have to do to pick them up.

Regards

JPRAVELO

Jan 28, 2009
DILSE said:
JPRAVELO,

How do you know that you have to pick up the are not going to send in the mail because for first time/ initial card they will mail it.
Because of the photo issue, it doesn't comply with their requirements. So now I have to wait until I receive the letter, provide them a new set of photos and pick them up in Calgary. Hope this information helps!

Qureshi

Star Member
Nov 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-05-2010
Nomination.....
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
Feb 02, 2011
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Done....
Feb 15, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 4th , 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 10th, 2011
LANDED..........
Sep 20th 2011
Hi All,

I am planning to Land through 1000 Island Bridge Upstate New York next month. Any suggestion please.
I have to come back to complete the current project and will move to calgary for good in near Future.

Please advice.

maverick2305

Mar 16, 2010
Are the 5 years of permanent residency status counted from date of landing or date of visa issuanceo on passport? Appreciate a reply from those who have landed! Thanks...

C

cchabert

maverick2305 said:
Are the 5 years of permanent residency status counted from date of landing or date of visa issuanceo on passport? Appreciate a reply from those who have landed! Thanks...
5 years from the date of Landing, the visa is only to come and usually expires the day the medicals got 1 year old.

Peace!

maverick2305

Mar 16, 2010
Thanks! Also, at the time of landing are we required to submit new photographs towards the issuance of PR cards? The reason I ask is because I have read that some folks have submitted photographs at the time of landing.

The NY consulate had requested 4 photos along with the passport prior to issuing the certificate of permanent residence and immigrant visa. Will those pictures be used for PR card?

Thanks!

cchabert said:
5 years from the date of Landing, the visa is only to come and usually expires the day the medicals got 1 year old.

Peace!

swats

Jan 13, 2011
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 22, 2009
Nomination.....
April 15,2010
AOR Received.
August 15, 2010
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Feb 02, 2011
Med's Done....
March 08, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 29, 2011
So I got my passports back and now its time for landing!! I am thinking of doing Landing in Calgary!!
any suggestions. Do I have to give a local Calgary or Edmonton address?

Does it have to be residential? I know someone in edmonton but he will be shifting his apartment in a month or so..

any suggestions..on what should I do? Also..looks like the photo specs have changed? what are the new specs?

swats

Jan 13, 2011
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 22, 2009
Nomination.....
April 15,2010
AOR Received.
August 15, 2010
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Feb 02, 2011
Med's Done....
March 08, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 29, 2011
virgo said:
Thanks the,

I went to Harry Hays building to submit my photos on Friday. Officer said it is been stopped and file is not in here at calgary yet? She said that I can mail to them with client number if the old photos are not accepted. I try convencing her but no use. I haven't seen any forms there may be we should ask officer for that . I will try one more time on Tuesday .

Thanks for information.
Hi virgo, were you able to resubmit the photos? if so..cna you tell me what all steps are needed?

lovepool4u2001

Star Member
Mar 10, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2009
Doc's Request.
23-02-2010
Nomination.....
02-06-2010
AOR Received.
03-12-2010
File Transfer...
20-04-2011
Med's Request
03-12-2010
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
23-06-2011
Hi All,

I am searching for a job since I got my PR in JUNE but still no luck and I have experienced that
preference is given to local candidates vs Out of canada candidate.
I am planning to quit my job here in USA and move to Calgary AB.
Can anybody advise me if this is a right decision. Will being there
will help getting a job.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone from Atlanta, GA area planning to move/Uhaul/ship stuff to Calgary in August or September? I have 2 big boxes to ship, i will pay for what it may cost.

Lettuce

gurram

Dec 3, 2008
Hi,
I too received the same document list from Detroit consulate. Can you please let me know how do you got below doc's?

1. IRS Wage and Income Transcripts
2. Social Security Statement
3. Copies of all H1B applications submitted to U.S. immigration officials on your behalf by U.S. employers.

After submitting above documents do you got stamped with PR?
Please help me out as iam going to attent interview on September 2nd week.

-Gurram

tryingtobecanadian said:
Guys,

I also received the same email asking for the following documents the second time,

got an e-mail from Detroit office asking the following documents:

You are required to provide the documents listed below. If an interview is required, bring the original documents with you, otherwise submit photocopies of documents indicated. Documents in languages other than English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation - that is a translation prepared by an accredited translator.

1-Verifiable letters of reference from U.S. employers and clients detailing your dates of employment, hours worked per week, remuneration paid and duties
and responsibilities.

2-Evidence of paid work experience in the U.S. in the form of IRS Wage and Income Transcripts (sample copy attached - note the transcripts list
employer/employee and wages) and Social Security Statements for 2007, 2008 and 2009 and individual pay statements for January 2010 to present.

3-Evidence of U.S. immigration status from entry to present. Copies of all H1B applications submitted to U.S. immigration officials on your behalf by U.S.
employers.

4-Evidence of funds for settlement in the form of all bank account statements for the past twelve months and evidence of source of funds.

in item#4 "IRS Wage and Income Transcripts", I had submitted the W2 forms but they have send us a sample and asked me the second time to send the "IRS Wage and Income Transcripts". Where do I get this from? Any help will be highly appreciated.

Evidence of U.S. immigration status from entry to present. Copies of all H1B applications submitted to U.S. immigration officials on your behalf by U.S.
employers. - Do I need to send all the H1B visa copies to them since I am in my 6th year of H1B visa. Do I need to send copies for my wife too or it's just the principle applicant.

Please help me all with your suggestions!!!

C

cchabert

lettuce_tomatoes said:
Anyone from Atlanta, GA area planning to move/Uhaul/ship stuff to Calgary in August or September? I have 2 big boxes to ship, i will pay for what it may cost.

Lettuce
Sorry I was in Atlanta 1 1/2 year a go :-D

C

cchabert

lovepool4u2001 said:
Hi All,

I am searching for a job since I got my PR in JUNE but still no luck and I have experienced that
preference is given to local candidates vs Out of canada candidate.
I am planning to quit my job here in USA and move to Calgary AB.
Can anybody advise me if this is a right decision. Will being there
will help getting a job.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
That depends of how bold you are. I quit my job pack everything and move with the whole family, and yes 99% of times employers want to see you face to face, there some cases here of the oposite and those are the rest 1%.

Good Luck!

AB_SUN

Mar 5, 2011
Guys - I've a situation here, my H1B 6 years is completed recently. I did not apply for US green card since I applied for Canadian PR. Now I am on dependent visa based on my wife's visa here in the US. I applied for Canadian PR on AINP in September last,completed my medicals,my file has also been transferred to Detroit office. Now the question is will there be any issue in getting the PR visa from the consulate due my change of status or will it be OK. Please provide some guidance.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,