Med's Request
Feb 02, 2011
Med's Done....
March 08, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 29, 2011
Improper_Bostonian: When did you send your passports? I sent them for PR stamp on July 31 along with my Cashiers checks.
As of yesterday, my cashiers checks have not been cashed and there is no tracking no. still in usps system. Its going to be two weeks tom.. I was hoping to receive my passports tomm. ..now I dont knw..what to expect?

when did you submit your passport and did you submit you cashiers check along with it?
How much time it took from the time they cashed the checks and send your passport ?

improper_bostonian

Apr 7, 2011
swats said:
Improper_Bostonian: When did you send your passports? I sent them for PR stamp on July 31 along with my Cashiers checks.
As of yesterday, my cashiers checks have not been cashed and there is no tracking no. still in usps system. Its going to be two weeks tom.. I was hoping to receive my passports tomm. ..now I dont knw..what to expect?

when did you submit your passport and did you submit you cashiers check along with it?
How much time it took from the time they cashed the checks and send your passport ?
I submitted my passport on July 29 along with cashiers check and prepaid express mail envelope through priority mail and it was delivered to consulate on August 1st.
They cashed the check on August 8 and today on 11th August I'm able to see activity on my express prepaid envelope.

Sri19

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Last week of Sep 2010
Nomination.....
May 2010
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Request
April 2011
Med's Done....
May 2011
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
All,

My information is missing on ECAS completely today. do not know the reason yet. could be some issue with the system or it could be that they do not show applications that have not started processing. My status was "Application Received" till yesterday. sent an email to Buffalo now. will update once I hear anything back from them. Please let e know if anyone has experienced it?

Thanks!

JENNYSEC

Star Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10
File Transfer...
detroit
Med's Request
june 2011
Med's Done....
june 2011
Passport Req..
march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
march 2012
LANDED..........
13 JUNE 2012
swats said:
Hello Jennysec, My status never changed. Before or after submitting my medicals..Now they ahve asked my passports for PR stamping..
so dont know what to tell
THANKS SWATS FOR YOUR REPLY

DILSE

Apr 21, 2009
PR CARD

HI Friends,

I did landing on 5/28 its been little over 2 month I have not received my PR card or any comminication yet.
just called them toay from USA to check the status 1888 I can;t call form USA so 1800 told me that you will get letter in the mail with instruction to your alberta address to pick up PR card in person to the nearest office, but I was told by immigration officer at calgary air-port that I will receive card in the mail.

any one have idea recent experience via mail or in person ?? also how to check status from USA ? how long will it take to get the card ?

thanks for your comments.

canvan

Jul 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattle
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 08
Nomination.....
July
AOR Received.
20-07-2010
File Transfer...
nov 17 2010
Med's Request
20-07-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Re: PR CARD

Hi, its been 6 weeks that i landed and iam still waiting for the PR Cards, the officer told me that I would get them in the mail. What was the 1-800 number that you called? 1-888 doent work from US, do we have to travel all the way to calgary to pick the cards? thats a drag, and we can only enter canada by car using the COPR I guess, hopefully they mail the cards and not some dumb letter to pick up the cards.

DILSE said:
HI Friends,

I did landing on 5/28 its been little over 2 month I have not received my PR card or any comminication yet.
just called them toay from USA to check the status 1888 I can;t call form USA so 1800 told me that you will get letter in the mail with instruction to your alberta address to pick up PR card in person to the nearest office, but I was told by immigration officer at calgary air-port that I will receive card in the mail.

any one have idea recent experience via mail or in person ?? also how to check status from USA ? how long will it take to get the card ?

thanks for your comments.

freeradical17

Star Member
Mar 1, 2009
Hi, Did anyone receive the PR cards? Looks like they are sending letters for us to collect PR cards. Its a pain to travel to Alberta just for collecting PR cards.

-FR

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

canvan said:
Hi, its been 6 weeks that i landed and iam still waiting for the PR Cards, the officer told me that I would get them in the mail. What was the 1-800 number that you called? 1-888 doent work from US, do we have to travel all the way to calgary to pick the cards? thats a drag, and we can only enter canada by car using the COPR I guess, hopefully they mail the cards and not some dumb letter to pick up the cards.
There is a 613 number here http://immipedia.ca/CIC_call_centre.

You can get a travel document if you want to fly. As you say, COPR will get you in via a land border.

They usually mail the card :)

DILSE

Apr 21, 2009

its been more then 11 week I have finished landing and came back to USA no comminication letter/ PR card nothing yet.

any one landed in june or may end received PR card yet ? do they mail or send letter to pick up.

please reply.

Baloo said:
There is a 613 number here http://immipedia.ca/CIC_call_centre.

You can get a travel document if you want to fly. As you say, COPR will get you in via a land border.

They usually mail the card :)

uniwander

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010

We completed our landing. The whole process was smooth but the officer was not so friendly. After we said we were only landing this time and would move permanently to Alberta next Spring, the officer said we were nominated by Alberta and would need to stay in Alberta to contribute to the economy here. We then said we would certainly relocate to Calgary after my wife finished here school next year. She warned us that we needed to be in Canada for at least 2 years in the 5 year period otherwise they would take the permanent residency back from us. Looks like they don't quite trust people immigrating from US.

We then gave her our passports and COPR and provided our friend's address in Alberta. The officer didn't ask for additional photos (there was only 1 photo on each of the COPR) or additional documents. We were then told that our PR cards would be mailed to the address in about 2 months.

Good luck to you all

DILSE said:
its been more then 11 week I have finished landing and came back to USA no comminication letter/ PR card nothing yet.

any one landed in june or may end received PR card yet ? do they mail or send letter to pick up.

please reply.

Qureshi

Star Member
Nov 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-05-2010
Nomination.....
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
Feb 02, 2011
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Done....
Feb 15, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 4th , 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 10th, 2011
LANDED..........
Sep 20th 2011

Which port you used for landing, either by air or by land. Please provide details.

We completed our landing. The whole process was smooth but the officer was not so friendly. After we said we were only landing this time and would move permanently to Alberta next Spring, the officer said we were nominated by Alberta and would need to stay in Alberta to contribute to the economy here. We then said we would certainly relocate to Calgary after my wife finished here school next year. She warned us that we needed to be in Canada for at least 2 years in the 5 year period otherwise they would take the permanent residency back from us. Looks like they don't quite trust people immigrating from US.

We then gave her our passports and COPR and provided our friend's address in Alberta. The officer didn't ask for additional photos (there was only 1 photo on each of the COPR) or additional documents. We were then told that our PR cards would be mailed to the address in about 2 months.

Good luck to you all

[/quote]

uniwander

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010

calgary airport

Qureshi said:
Which port you used for landing, either by air or by land. Please provide details.

Good luck to you all

maverick2305

Mar 16, 2010
We received our passports back with PR visa stamp today. I have a question regarding PR validity. Are the 5 years of Canadian permanent residency counted from the PR visa issuance date on the passport or from the landing date?

Thanks!