Med's Done....
june 2011
Passport Req..
march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
march 2012
LANDED..........
13 JUNE 2012
List of document to must carry for all friends who are planning to permanently relocate to Alberta.

1. Passport include Canadian Immigration visa.
2. COPR documents
3. Address in Alberta and Contact Phone ( If possible)
4. Vehicle title ( Must fax copy of title to the us border 72 hrs before you reach there)
5. Driving license certified record (from all states of US if you lived more than one state)
6. Copy of insurance clam record (experience certificate) from all companies you currently or previously engaged.
7. Latest bank statements if you planning to transfer money later.
8. form B4 and B4A( goods accomplished and goods to follows list)
9. Two copies of photo of all jewelries.
10. All academic document (mark sheet ,transcripts, bachelor ,master and diploma etc)
11. Change tires of your vehicle otherwise it might failed in safety inspection and make sure your car is equipped with DRL(day time running light).It is advisable make tip top your car in US because it is very costly and time consuming in Canada.
12. Carry some CAD.
13. Possible avoid food or raw food items and mattresses.
14. Don't carry alcohol and tobacco product.

And don't panic if don't get job in your field in the beginning it is very true no job is waiting for us.
My best wishes with all of you. If any one has any question feel free to ask or you can send massage through this forum I will try my best to help

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I moved to calgary. I am searching for a job. I got married after I got my PR. so now I have to sponsor my wife. anybody in the same situation. Since I am a PR , my wife wont get a visitor/temp visa..can I sponsor her without a job??..

any suggestions..

hhagaballa

Jun 4, 2010
hello there,
i got rejection because of ielts score "skilled workers program"
i want to reapply one more time "provincial nomination program"
i heard that there is no way for me but Provincial Nomination and it is the best
i need your help plz
how and when should i start, what the different bet. Provincial Nomination and skilled workers?
what about the processing time? which province is suitable for me?
i applyed as skilled worker as a restaurant manager, and i have some experience in agriculture too because i am agricultural engineer "animal science" according to my studies, is my major accepted and my study??
what about ielts score??? what about fees?? should i pay twice? to the province and to cic application?!!
the most important .. how i get job offer from the employer in canada??

plz help me
thank you

noopurswadas

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
JENNYSEC said:
List of document to must carry for all friends who are planning to permanently relocate to Alberta.

2. COPR documents
4. Vehicle title ( Must fax copy of title to the us border 72 hrs before you reach there)
5. Driving license certified record (from all states of US if you lived more than one state)
6. Copy of insurance clam record (experience certificate) from all companies you currently or previously engaged.
10. All academic document (mark sheet ,transcripts, bachelor ,master and diploma etc)
11. Change tires of your vehicle otherwise it might failed in safety inspection and make sure your car is equipped with DRL(day time running light).It is advisable make tip top your car in US because it is very costly and time consuming in Canada.
12. Carry some CAD.
13. Possible avoid food or raw food items and mattresses.
14. Don't carry alcohol and tobacco product.

And don't panic if don't get job in your field in the beginning it is very true no job is waiting for us.
My best wishes with all of you. If any one has any question feel free to ask or you can send massage through this forum I will try my best to help

noopurswadas

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
JENNYSEC said:

2. COPR documents

Hi my medical has been done on April 19 2012 it was received by cpp Ottawa on 30 April how long its take to get passport request please let me know i am in trouble in u.s.a how can i approach to my officer i dont know. Please tell me i need it urgent otherwise my life and daughters Carrier will be screwed up in u.s.a please help me what can i do.

Thanks

JENNYSEC

Star Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10
File Transfer...
detroit
Med's Request
june 2011
Med's Done....
june 2011
Passport Req..
march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
march 2012
LANDED..........
13 JUNE 2012
noopurswadas said:
JENNYSEC said:

2. COPR documents

Hi my medical has been done on April 19 2012 it was received by cpp Ottawa on 30 April how long its take to get passport request please let me know i am in trouble in u.s.a how can i approach to my officer i dont know. Please tell me i need it urgent otherwise my life and daughters Carrier will be screwed up in u.s.a please help me what can i do.

Thanks
HI
It is difficult to tell when will you get passport request.It's depend on your visa office and officer.But you can calculate average time from experiences of others in this forum.Medical has expire of one year so you will get it before medical expire.If you can't wait for any urgency try to find job online in Canada in your field.Job offer can speed up your case.

Good luck.

lavis456

Oct 14, 2012
tsrikanth said:
Here is my landing experience. I landed on June 23rd(Thursday 12.00 AM night at Calgary Airport and returned back on June 25th using AVR for me and my wife via Niagara Falls border(I feared a lot about AVR, don't know how it works, even my employer also don't know) but its very easy and smooth :). Nobody was asked to surrender I-94 while leaving USA.

We travelled from Austin to Houston, then from Houston to Calgary (Flight delayed for 3 hours in Houston i.e reached at Calgary after 12 A.M in the night).Landing was smooth, in plane they gave us custom declaration form, we filled out and as soon as we landed we went POE counter and gave declaration form, passport.

POE Officer(PO): What's the purpose of trip.
Me: I am doing my landing today for PR.
PO: Is there any goods to follow list?
Me: No
PO: Then you filled Yes for ..... (I don't know what I filled)
Me: We are landing here and will go back to USA because we didn't plan to move now(i.e visa expiry date is very less).
PO scanned our passports, stamped on Declaration forms and asked us to go to immigration .

We went to immigration, there were three officers in 3 counters(one lady is rude :mad:).

Immigration Officer(IO)(i.e He is a nice guy): asked for passport and landing papers . He asked for how much money I have. I said brought $3500 cash with me and $16000 bank balance. He put $19000 figure on paper. He explained that 2/5 years you have to in CANADA and other rules like you can't contest in elections, can't vote when I am using PR. He said it will take 4-8 weeks to get PR cards and he stamped our passports. Said Welcome to Canada. :D

We left Immigration section and saw two lady officers, I gave declaration card to one of her and said thanks. I asked do I need to fill any form that goods carrying with me, she said not required.

Then we went to Hotel(Greenwood suites In hotel) in Calgary. I know this hotel is expensive(2 nights = $340 :() but don't want to take risk(as my wife is pregnant).

Next day I went to Canada Service centre to apply for SIN number and it went smoothly. Then I tried for Health Card in Registry office, they said answer for ‘183 days committed stay in 12 months period' in application. I said will go back to USA and come back after 2 months(I shouldn't say like that). He said apply for Health Card when you come back.
I tried in different registry centres, but they said address proof required and in another centre they said I have to be a member(asking $100) in that centre. Finally decided do not apply for Health card.(because I can't go to all offices as my wife is pregnant, she tired).

We used public transport(buses) mostly. In Calgary trains and bus transportation is good. If we buy ticket for $2.75/person you can use that ticket for 1.30 minutes. Streets are like in Calgary NE, NW, SE(Southe East),etc and names mostly like St and AVenue. SIN numbers you can apply in any Canada Service centres and Health Card in Registry centres. My suggestion is better to go to downtown office(Harry Hays Building) even though if you stay outside of downtown. Any way you can find public transportation.

Then next day(Friday) we went to Toronto(my cousin stays there), spent some time with family. On Saturday around 11 AM we started towards Niagara falls(Instead of high-way, we went through Niagara Village i.e across the Ontario river). We boarded for “Maid of the mist” boat and enjoyed in Niagara Falls scene.

Then we had a tension about crossing the border. My cousin, his daughter, my wife, myself in queue in the car for POE(just like toll gate booth). After 5 minutes, its our turn. We stopped our card near to his booth. My cousin gave 4 passports i.e two Canadian and two Indian passports(We put I-797 approval copies in Passports, we are using AVR). My cousin told he and his daughter were Canadian citizens.

POE officer(PO): Where are you going? (he asked to me).
Me: I am going to Austin.
POE: Do you have a job over there ?
Me: Yes Sir. I have a job.
POE: In which profession you are working?
Me: Software engineer.
POE officer went to another booth(I think, he confirmed about AVR expired passport and valid H1 copy) and came back, said make sure staple I-94 to your passport then said all set you can leave now. (Ohhhh god, we entered into USA). From buffalo airport we went to Austin.

Please let me know if anybody wants any information ?

Hi Srikanth,

I got work permit in Calgary and planning to move in march 1st week.
Are you in Calgary now.
We are Indian family with a 2yr old kid.
We have no contacts in Calgary so searching for somebody who can guide us.
Please reply me if you check my post at donivkn@gmail.com

thanks in advamce

karmavatar

Mar 16, 2012
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Has anybody had experience flying out of Calgary on Automatic Visa Revalidation (expired H1B stamp on passport) towards USA?
Thanks,
Karmavatar

K4n4d4WS

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Edmonton AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Doc's Request.
21-03-2016
Nomination.....
29-05-2015
AOR Received.
10-11-2015
Med's Request
29-04-2016
Med's Done....
04-05-2016
Passport Req..
08-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
azizggii said:
AINP-SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category

is permanently closed

so there is no need for questions

and its a old thread

Priyadiva

Aug 31, 2020
Hi ....

I have been reading this blog for quite sometime. great place to share and get valuable informatiom.People here are quite good about sharing there knowledge...below is my time line.

applied to cic- May 2nd week 2010
AOR/medical - Aug 3rd Week
medical Done - sept 1st week
medcals received by ottawa - sept 3rd week
IA letter received - March 1 week.

Any idea friends that how long it may take to get a PPR. thanks in advance for any replies... :)
Hey,did carpal tunnel syndrome make you medically inadmissible to canada?
I have same condition and i am worried