ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

gigi-2010

Star Member
Jan 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: PR CARD

Hi, what_a_joke

Did you provide any new photos to the border officer or CIC in Calgary?

Thanks,

Gigi

what_a_joke said:
Hi All,

We just received our PR cards. I had completed landing on May 22nd and provided my friend's address in Calgary. She received the cards a few days back and mailed it to me and I just received it here in Florida.
Its exactly 3 months to date after we returned from Calgary after completing the landing process. Finally it's all done. The cards are valid till July 2016.

Sandeep

improper_bostonian

Apr 7, 2011
justinline said:
You can provide address later on, they will give you a fax form. You can try this link www.calgarymailbox.ca. You can set up mailbox in a day. They provide a street address and not PO box.

Justin
Justin, thanks a lot for the information.

what_a_joke

Sep 24, 2009
Re: PR CARD

No never provided any new photos anywhere during the entire process..i had submitted the photos originally only once..

gigi-2010 said:
Hi, what_a_joke

Did you provide any new photos to the border officer or CIC in Calgary?

Thanks,

Gigi

bat8989CANADA

Aug 28, 2011
Quick questions for those **already living in Alberta using AINP**...We landed last year in December. I'm still trying to find a good job in Alberta and wrapping things here.

(1) After landing, when does AINP contact you for any follow-up? 6 mos, 12 mos, never?
(2) Does the follow-up letter come to the address that you send AINP in fax update after landing? Or is it by email?
(3) What are the questions in this follow-up?

I would appreacite an answer from folks already there. I'm a little worried.

(Also, since I see there are numerous people on this forum who have pre-landing questions, I would be happy to answer any specific questions that I can help with what I learned through the process so far.)

adm7

May 4, 2011
Hello Guys,

Iam planning to complete my landing this week. Just wanted to find out what all things should be completed after landing. Iam going to apply for SIN. Any other things that would be helpful in the future? I will be returning back to the US after completing my landing.

Any tips would be very helpful.

thanks

freeradical17

Star Member
Mar 1, 2009
lightsinthemist said:
Enna

Trackitt has some useful information and I am sharing the link below.Also buried many posts deep in this thread is also some useful information.Anywaz for the benefit of all will put the AVR checklist below.Some points have been overlooked in this forum and have not been posted.

http://mail.trackitt.com/usa-discussion-forums/i485-eb/678557493/canada-automatic-revalidation-process

AVR Checklist

1.Expired Non Immigration stamp in your passport ( Can be F1, J1 ,H1 etc )
2.Expired I-94 card.Please do not surrender while leaving the Usa
3.I-797 H1B approval or your new visa approval receipt along with the new I-94 attached to the I-797.
4.You have not travelled to canada within 30days or entering Usa within 30 days of using AVR.
5.You are not from Iran, Syria, Iraq, or Cuba.
6.Also nationals of certain countries have to do what is called an exit registration ( NSEER) .Please google.
7.Also you must not have scheduled an visa appointment

http://www.immigration.com/visa/general-nonimmigrant-visa/national-security-entry-exit-registration-system-nseers

Backup plan to deal with US Immigration officers who do not know the rule or intrepret it differently.

1.Please carry all the documentation required for an visa stamping if the need arises.Also this documentation can be used to prove you are an legal non immigrant to USA and are only visiting canada. Employment papers, Tax receipts,W2,Employment letter etc.
2.Please use the canada entry stamp to show the stay has been less than 30 days.
3.Carry an printout of the AVR memo.
4.Also carry additional articles from the USCIS site.
5.Be prepared to schedule an visa appointment at calgary or Toronto if things dont work out.

For some people AVR was very smooth.For others like many who posted on trackitt when they travel from smaller airports it can be quite tiresome and be prepared to patiently explain the case and sort out the whole thing.
Hi Guys,
I am doing my landing on 31st Aug. Since my US visa expired in june, I will be using AVR while re-entering US. The visa issued by Canadian embasssy is "immigrant" visa. Can someone clarify the following :

I am not sure how I will be able to convince the officer that I am a visitor when my passport has a canadian "Immigrant" visa

"1.Please carry all the documentation required for an visa stamping if the need arises.Also this documentation can be used to prove you are an legal non immigrant to USA and are only visiting canada. Employment papers, Tax receipts,W2,Employment letter etc."

Thanks in Advance
FR

improper_bostonian

Apr 7, 2011
Hello All,
I finished my landing successfully in Calgary over last week. It was smooth on most parts.
and went as expected. Canada Custom and immigration took very little and I was out of airport 20 mins.
Somehow the immigration office there didn't accept the ONTARIO mailing address I provided and told me that
as I'm immigrating in ALBERTA, I must provide ALBERTA mailing address. But I stressed that this is just mailing
address and I'm not going to reside to ONTARIO. But He'd stick to his guns and I didn't argue much. He gave a
form and told me to fax it with ALBERTA mailing address whenever I have one and it will take about 4-7 weeks to
get PR card in mail. Next day I applied for SIN card, which took about 15 mins (I guess because of weekday) and
opened a bank account.
I used AVR while returning back. I had connecting flight from Montreal and seems like Visa officers are well-informed
over there about what AVR actually is. But somehow he asked me to take a sit and ratained my passport and said he will be
back in sometime. I waited for 20 mins before I got my passport back (I'm not sure what was that all about but neither did I ask)
So, plan your return trips accordingly as US customs and immigration could take longer then expected because of long queues (it
took me about 2 hrs). Also they took away my old I-94 and gave me new one.
Besides that I had allocated few days to do some traveling and sight seeing. I traveled Banff national park and lake louise.
It was very beautiful. and I recommend everybody to allocate a day for this.

I'm planning to move to Calgary sometime before December.
Thanks a lot to everyone for help.

I've two follow up questions.

1) I'm planning to travel montreal over this long weekend.
But V.O took away my old I-94 and gave new one.
Can I still use AVR?

2) CPR copy attached to my passport says 'not valid for reentry' (or something like that..) and
Canadian immigration officer told me I have to get some sort of 'reentry visa' to reenter in case if
I leave Canada and I haven't got PR card by then.

But I've read in some discussions that I can still travel by land using it and
This reentry visa is only required when travelling by air.

Can someone please confirm this?
Also want to confirm that it is valid for traveling to Quebec as well.

Again thanks a lot to everyone for help.

Avalap

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Hi,

I dont think anyone who landed and living in Alberta (thru AINP ) received any follow up communication from AINP.
AINP expects you to send the Post landing FAX document that they provided with the nomination.

Hope this helps

bat8989CANADA said:
Quick questions for those **already living in Alberta using AINP**...We landed last year in December. I'm still trying to find a good job in Alberta and wrapping things here.

(1) After landing, when does AINP contact you for any follow-up? 6 mos, 12 mos, never?
(2) Does the follow-up letter come to the address that you send AINP in fax update after landing? Or is it by email?
(3) What are the questions in this follow-up?

I would appreacite an answer from folks already there. I'm a little worried.

(Also, since I see there are numerous people on this forum who have pre-landing questions, I would be happy to answer any specific questions that I can help with what I learned through the process so far.)

Sri19

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Last week of Sep 2010
Nomination.....
May 2010
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Request
April 2011
Med's Done....
May 2011
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
All,

I have received below email from CIC today morning.

"In order to expedite the processing of your application, your file has been sent to:

Canadian Consulate General
1251 Avenue of the Americas
Concourse Level
New York"

Has anyone know how long does NY consulate takes to process it?

Thanks!

Sri19

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Last week of Sep 2010
Nomination.....
May 2010
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Request
April 2011
Med's Done....
May 2011
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi Seniors,

Could you please let me know if members of a family can go for visa at different times when we get PPR? we are planning to send our son to india for next 6 months from. So in case we get PPR with in 6 months can we go for visa first and take him later or do we need to go together?

Kindly reply at your convenience.

Thanks
Sri

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
Today I check my AINP application on CIC phone line at 18882422100 (press 1-2-1) with my Client ID and I found that the status was updated with receipt date. I tried with ECAS but nothing come up. You guys could try the phone. :)

I sent my application middle of April and now beginning of September they are starting to process. I think the processing time is getting shorter now.

Sri19

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Last week of Sep 2010
Nomination.....
May 2010
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Request
April 2011
Med's Done....
May 2011
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
TRUONGAN said:
Today I check my AINP application on CIC phone line at 18882422100 (press 1-2-1) with my Client ID and I found that the status was updated with receipt date. I tried with ECAS but nothing come up. You guys could try the phone. :)

I sent my application middle of April and now beginning of September they are starting to process. I think the processing time is getting shorter now.
TRUONGAN,

Do you live in Canada or in the US?

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
I am in canada. i am here on work permit. CIC phone only accept Client ID that is given to anyone coming to Canada on study permit or work permit. File # wouldn't work on their phone.

Processing time is 18 weeks now before they actually touch your file (30 week is historical). I should expect AOR shortly on my email.

Sri19

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Last week of Sep 2010
Nomination.....
May 2010
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Request
April 2011
Med's Done....
May 2011
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
TRUONGAN said:
I am in canada. i am here on work permit. CIC phone only accept Client ID that is given to anyone coming to Canada on study permit or work permit. File # wouldn't work on their phone.

Processing time is 18 weeks now before they actually touch your file (30 week is historical). I should expect AOR shortly on my email.
Thank you TRUONGAN. where do you live there? Hope you are having great time over there. Good Luck!

C

cchabert

Avalap said:
Hi,

I dont think anyone who landed and living in Alberta (thru AINP ) received any follow up communication from AINP.
AINP expects you to send the Post landing FAX document that they provided with the nomination.

Hope this helps
I haven't received. hear, see anything from them since I got here and FAX my document back in January 2010