+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

dipen

Star Member
Nov 4, 2008
hey despo,
I send an email to NY consulate asking my medical request hasnt not been updated in ecase whats the status?. I received the reply like this
Due to volume of applications, we will only respond to request for
application status if processing period posted on our website has been
exceeded. Please visit: http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/new_york

Do you know what should I do. its going to be 90 days in dec 17th. let me know if u know anything.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dipen this is an automatic reply. Give them 3 to 4 days i am sure they will respond to you.
every time you send an email to NY consulate you will get this message within 5 minutes. this is normal.

when did you send email to NY?
when did you get email below?

good luck.
dipen said:
hey despo,
I send an email to NY consulate asking my medical request hasnt not been updated in ecase whats the status?. I received the reply like this
Due to volume of applications, we will only respond to request for
application status if processing period posted on our website has been
exceeded. Please visit: http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/new_york

Do you know what should I do. its going to be 90 days in dec 17th. let me know if u know anything.

dipen

Star Member
Nov 4, 2008
Oh man, u so quick thanks. i send the email this morning and as u said received it just after few mintues which i noticed just now. I dont know whats happening about my case I am really worried.

despoimmigrant said:
Dipen this is an automatic reply. Give them 3 to 4 days i am sure they will respond to you.
every time you send an email to NY consulate you will get this message within 5 minutes. this is normal.

when did you send email to NY?
when did you get email below?

good luck.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
being worried is normal during immigration process. i am worried too sort off. You already sent them email i am sure you will get some possitive reply from them by the end of the week. and hopefully you will see your ecase updated with medical results are recived next monday morning too.

just take a chill pill during weekend and sleep for long hours. i do the same :) i feel relax after that :)

Arsenal

May 15, 2009
How long does the Background check takes?

How can we help speed up the background check?

I sent all the PCC required, for FBI, (2 states I lives in), my home country, ..etc.

Why does it take so long to get information from other governments?

Its been really more than 17 months since I started the AINP process. Everything was going to so quickly up until February. And updates stopped to come.

I baffled, because I am not sure how to plan my future at the moment. Anyway to get any updates or information on the case, since E-CAS is never updated !!!

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi arsenal,

i know it is very frustrating that you are not able to get status of your case. Seems like yor file is being processed in baffalo. Background check can take from 1 month to 6 months and if your name falls into some of those category than it may take more than 6 months also. All we could do is wait at this moment. I came to know from one guy that quota for this year is over so looks like people who are waiting to get passport request wont get anything untill 2nd week of january 2010. i hope you get it too that time.

shoot an email to baffalo if you have not. fax is also a very good option.

u might want to try for CAIPS notes. it will take 30 days from the day you order and some 4o to 50 bucks but will give you details about your case.

good luck.

jyde

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
Virginia
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2008
Doc's Request.
09-09-2009
Nomination.....
17-01-2009
AOR Received.
11-05-2009
IELTS Request
Not Requested
File Transfer...
20-05-2009
Med's Request
11-05-2009
Med's Done....
14-05-2009
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
12-17-2009
VISA ISSUED...
12-23-2009
despo,
Pls got a question for you.
Do you happen to have an idea of how early
in Jan they might strat issuing the PPR again?

narsanna

Star Member
Mar 11, 2009
Hi Nix,

I mostly prefer to stay in canada because in US there will be lot of tensions.If we get once job in canada there will be no tense.
Canada is nice place i know that i stayed for studing purpose.

Thanks,
Narsanna.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Person who received email from NY consulate says early January. so i would say 1st or second week of january.

jyde said:
despo,
Pls got a question for you.
Do you happen to have an idea of how early
in Jan they might strat issuing the PPR again?

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
narsanna said:
Hi Nix,

I mostly prefer to stay in canada because in US there will be lot of tensions.If we get once job in canada there will be no tense.
Canada is nice place i know that i stayed for studing purpose.

Thanks,
Narsanna.
Thanks Narsanna. It was nice to hear from somebody who had a first hand experience of Canada.

npnotesin

Jan 20, 2009
One of my friend got PPR request from LA consulate. The letter was dated Nov 23 and he had applied under FSW category. The assumption that the quota for this year is filled is not true. It is likely that PNP quota is filled.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it may be true but someone also got PPR request in Manila, Phillipines on december 3rd. so looks like NY's quota may be full. but not other countries. confused now damn dont have much details how quota is assigned to consulates.

npnotesin said:
One of my friend got PPR request from LA consulate. The letter was dated Nov 23 and he had applied under FSW category. The assumption that the quota for this year is filled is not true. It is likely that PNP quota is filled.

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
I read somewhere that the quota for Buffalo, NY is about 25,000 a year. I don't know if that is for just that one consulate or the entire US. The same article said Buffalo had about 45,000 pending applications in 2008.

For comparison the New Delhi consulate has a quota of 10,000 against 1,35,000 applications.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanx venky for your insight on this. i will do little more reasearch tonight once i reach home on this freaking quota issue.
if anyone finds any link regarding how quota is assigned pleaes feel free to post it here and if possible source link also. thanx.
venky321 said:
I read somewhere that the quota for Buffalo, NY is about 25,000 a year. I don't know if that is for just that one consulate or the entire US. The same article said Buffalo had about 45,000 pending applications in 2008.

For comparison the New Delhi consulate has a quota of 10,000 against 1,35,000 applications.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
check out this guy he got Passport Request today 12/09/2009 he applied Province / Territory: British Columbia. Surprisigly his file was processed in buffalo. and he sent application on June 26 2009 (i sent on 24th June 2009) Falls under PNP category @ npnotesin.

http://www.trackitt.com/member/chiclets

Seems like we still have hopes to get PPR within this month what say guys? lets keep our fingures crossed.