+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
narsanna,

I do not think you need a PCC from Toronto. I think you need one from RCMP and that should do it. Only the US states ones are mandatory as far as I know.

As you have experienced both Canada and the USA, I have a question for you. If you have choices to live in both countries (PR and GC), which would you pick and why? If anybody else would like to add his/her view on this matter, you are more than welcome to do so. Thanks.

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nix1 said:
narsanna,

I do not think you need a PCC from Toronto. I think you need one from RCMP and that should do it. Only the US states ones are mandatory as far as I know.

As you have experienced both Canada and the USA, I have a question for you. If you have choices to live in both countries (PR and GC), which would you pick and why? If anybody else would like to add his/her view on this matter, you are more than welcome to do so. Thanks.
Hey Nix1:

I saw the PR Visa on your blog. Was your visa issued on June 30th 2009?

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GirlOntario said:
I saw the PR Visa on your blog. Was your visa issued on June 30th 2009?
I found that PR visa on the web. It is not mine. Mine was issued at the end of October in NYC.

virgo

Star Member
Dec 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2009
Doc's Request.
27-11-2009
Nomination.....
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
19-07-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-12-2010-- NY
Med's Request
19-07-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Passport Req..
04/04/2011
stlguy,

Thanks a lot.will check it out the link.

Thank you

virgo

Star Member
Dec 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2009
Doc's Request.
27-11-2009
Nomination.....
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
19-07-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-12-2010-- NY
Med's Request
19-07-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Passport Req..
04/04/2011
Hey Nix1,

I really liked your blog.You are the Man.

Thank you
Virgo

freeradical17

Star Member
Mar 1, 2009
Dear All,

I am in a peculiar situation.

Right now I am in India on a vacation. I got a request for visa/approval notice & most recent paystub on 25th of Nov which I duly forwarded. Unfortunately I was informed by my employer yesterday that my project has ended abruptly due to budget cuts and asked me to stay back. I have a valid H1-B till 2010. Can I continue with the process in case I am nominated?

please advise.

FR

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you can continue with the process as seems like you are at the last stage of of getting PR visa. Your question does not include much details about your case but i am curious to know following details.

I never heard of visa/approval notice yet? (is it same as Requesting passport?)
Did they requested passport?
where is your application at this moment?
Are you in india?

good luck.

freeradical17 said:
Dear All,

I am in a peculiar situation.

Right now I am in India on a vacation. I got a request for visa/approval notice & most recent paystub on 25th of Nov which I duly forwarded. Unfortunately I was informed by my employer yesterday that my project has ended abruptly due to budget cuts and asked me to stay back. I have a valid H1-B till 2010. Can I continue with the process in case I am nominated?

please advise.

FR

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
Just tell AINP that you are back in your home country, and ask them to send the updated nomination papers to you in India. Then you can apply to a Canadian Consulate in India.

Infact a good thing is that once you apply in India you dont have to worry about visa status like people who apply to CIC in the US have too; although the process usually takes about a year to complete in India.

Chinga_Canada

Star Member
Nov 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
venky321 said:
Just tell AINP that you are back in your home country, and ask them to send the updated nomination papers to you in India. Then you can apply to a Canadian Consulate in India.

Infact a good thing is that once you apply in India you dont have to worry about visa status like people who apply to CIC in the US have too; although the process usually takes about a year to complete in India.
Venky321

Does it tak 1 year for application to be processed. I thought Delhi Consulate was much faster than Buffalo for Provincial nominees

Chinga Cowa Banga

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chinga_Canada said:
venky321 said:

Venky321

Does it tak 1 year for application to be processed. I thought Delhi Consulate was much faster than Buffalo for Provincial nominees

Chinga Cowa Banga

applications at Delhi have always taken more processing time than the ones in Buffalo. Buffalo ois more staffed and equipped to handle loads. the processing times on the website are not updated. it takes over a year in Delhi.

Chinga_Canada

Star Member
Nov 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is the link which contains the processing times for provincial nominees of various Canadian Consulates around the world. Looking at the data looks like New Delhi is faster than Buffalo.

http://www.canadavisa.com/provincial-nominees-processing-times.html

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chinga_Canada said:
Here is the link which contains the processing times for provincial nominees of various Canadian Consulates around the world. Looking at the data looks like New Delhi is faster than Buffalo.

http://www.canadavisa.com/provincial-nominees-processing-times.html
Chinga,

the provincial nominee timeline is not only for US visa SRS H1B for alberta. that includes all provinces and categories like family based nomination and employment job offer based. by default the AINP nomination is sent to buffalo for the SRS H1B applications. if you try to transfer it to Delhi and process from there it takes about a year to compelete. the timelines on the site are not specific to SRS H1B.

the only possibility of Delhi processing faster is if Buffalo receives many applications and slows down the processing. at that time Delhi will have less load and will process faster relative to Buffalo.

i can see that happening at the rate they are issuing nominations.

Ani2009

Dec 3, 2009
Hi,

To those who obtained PCC from CHicago Indian Embassy,

I see there are two options
1)if Indian Passport was issued by the Consulate General of India, Chicago for more than five years ago. then we can go in person and get the PCC done

2) when passport is issued by the Chicago Consulate less than 5 years ago or the passport issued by the other Passport issuing authorities..then there are 2 stages, in the first stage we have to apply and wait for 60days, and then proceed to 2nd stage, where we can goto embassy and get the PCC done..

How did you get the PCC done.?
Anitha

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i got it done from Chicago Indian Consulate. Actually they asked us to wait for 60 days but i waited only 45 days and went in person. they asked me when did i sent request for PCC i told 2 months back. ( just took my chance ) and he said come arround 3:30 and pick up your PCC.

hope that helps.
good luck.

Ani2009 said:
Hi,

To those who obtained PCC from CHicago Indian Embassy,

I see there are two options
1)if Indian Passport was issued by the Consulate General of India, Chicago for more than five years ago. then we can go in person and get the PCC done

2) when passport is issued by the Chicago Consulate less than 5 years ago or the passport issued by the other Passport issuing authorities..then there are 2 stages, in the first stage we have to apply and wait for 60days, and then proceed to 2nd stage, where we can goto embassy and get the PCC done..

How did you get the PCC done.?
Anitha