N/A
Passport Req..
1/7/2011
VISA ISSUED...
1/10/2011
LANDED..........
1/14/2011
rezendgi said:
Ok, this would mean .. no more switching companies .. and just stick to the same company ...... :eek:
this is the info i found in a law firm website i think it would better context

No Valid Employer-Employee Relationship
Also provided in the memo are examples that the USCIS considers to be illustrations of situations without a valid employer-employee relationship.
Self Employment - Problematic
Among the examples of problem areas is self-employment, as there is no outside exercise of control over the work. There is no separation between the individual and the employer, and thus no independent control.
©MurthyDotCom
Independent Contractor - Problematic
The same basic analysis is set out for independent contractors, such as independent sales representatives.
©MurthyDotCom
Job Shop Arrangements - Problematic
The most important example for IT consulting situations is the example of third-party placement or "job-shop" arrangements. The USCIS does not consider that there is a valid employer-employee relationship if the petitioner contracts with outside companies to fill their staffing needs. The positions are filled on an as-needed basis, rather than specifically being outlined in a contract between the petitioner and the third party. The beneficiary reports to a manager who is an employee of the third-party company. The beneficiary does not get work assignments from the petitioner; rather, the third-party company issues the assignments. The petitioner does not control the work, and there is no proprietary information regarding the petitioner that is used in the process. The end product is not related to the petitioner's business of IT consulting, and reviews are completed by the end client. The petitioner does not have the right of control and does not exercise control. Accordingly, there is no employer-employee relationship in this example.

bubbly2009

Star Member
Jan 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/03/2010
AOR Received.
26/06/2010
File Transfer...
26/10/2010
Med's Request
26/06/2010
Med's Done....
12/07/2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
1/7/2011
VISA ISSUED...
1/10/2011
LANDED..........
1/14/2011
Jasper said:
I took my photos at an office which had immigration photo service (I also took my fingerprints for PCCs there). I think you can do it even in Walmart, CVS, or Walgreens. Or you can even take photos with your camera and photoprinter. Just make sure the size of photos is correct.

And what I wrote in "Visa Office requested for the process of your application" box (1st page of IMM0008 Generic Form) is "Buffalo, USA."
Thanks for the info. Jasper

Jasper

May 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2009 (AINP), 25-03-2010 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
15-07-2010
Med's Request
15-07-2010
Med's Done....
22-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2011
LANDED..........
14-06-2011
Our CIC Timeline Spreadsheet Has Been Updated!

Yesterday, vsrao and I updated the CIC Timeline Tracker http://tinyurl.com/AINP-Tracking-System. Just like AINP Timeline Tracker, you can see the timelines of forum members' CIC application. We'll update the spreadsheet whenever we find timeline-related information in this forum.

To those who have submitted application to Buffalo or have received PPR/PR:
I collected as much timeline information as possible from early posts of forum members here. Please let me know if there's any incorrect or missing information on the spreadsheet.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
Jasper said:

Yesterday, vsrao and I updated the CIC Timeline Tracker http://tinyurl.com/AINP-Tracking-System. Just like AINP Timeline Tracker, you can see the timelines of forum members' CIC application. We'll update the spreadsheet whenever we find timeline-related information in this forum.

I collected as much timeline information as possible from early posts of forum members here. Please let me know if there's any incorrect or missing information on the spreadsheet.
Thank you!!!

rezendgi

Dec 5, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2008
Doc's Request.
24-11-2009
Nomination.....
09-12-2009
AOR Received.
06-07-2010
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
16-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
Not Yet
As we know, many beneficiaries currently fall into the Job Shop Arrangements ?? so, what happens to folks who currently fall into this bucket ? are they set to go home then ??

bubbly2009 said:
this is the info i found in a law firm website i think it would better context

Job Shop Arrangements - Problematic
The most important example for IT consulting situations is the example of third-party placement or "job-shop" arrangements. The USCIS does not consider that there is a valid employer-employee relationship if the petitioner contracts with outside companies to fill their staffing needs. The positions are filled on an as-needed basis, rather than specifically being outlined in a contract between the petitioner and the third party. The beneficiary reports to a manager who is an employee of the third-party company. The beneficiary does not get work assignments from the petitioner; rather, the third-party company issues the assignments. The petitioner does not control the work, and there is no proprietary information regarding the petitioner that is used in the process. The end product is not related to the petitioner's business of IT consulting, and reviews are completed by the end client. The petitioner does not have the right of control and does not exercise control. Accordingly, there is no employer-employee relationship in this example.

bubbly2009

Star Member
Jan 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/03/2010
AOR Received.
26/06/2010
File Transfer...
26/10/2010
Med's Request
26/06/2010
Med's Done....
12/07/2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
1/7/2011
VISA ISSUED...
1/10/2011
LANDED..........
1/14/2011
rezendgi said:
As we know, many beneficiaries currently fall into the Job Shop Arrangements ?? so, what happens to folks who currently fall into this bucket ? are they set to go home then ??
I talked to some of my friends who r really afraid of these new rules. Either Beneficiary has tobe in fulltime position or with vendor. dont know whats going to happen.

Jasper said:

Thanks to VSRao and Jasper for the update which helps others.

moiz4you

Star Member
Oct 16, 2008
Hey Guys,

I have a question.

I am on H1b and my case is with buffalo for final review. I want to plan a trip to India for a month.

SCENARIO

Say i am in India and i get my PPR through Email from Buffalo. Now i am on my way back to USA (Buffalo still has my USA address on file) and for some reason they send me back from Airport (as coming back on H1b is quite risky because of that memo-however i am not an IT guy, i am a business guy working for the company that sponsored my H1B-but you never know) can i get the stamping done in India or how do i go about it because PPR is in Buffalo and i am stuck in India.

All senior members help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo
emceemouli said:
guys,

where do you take the immigration size photos...last time i took passport size photos and cut it to the immigration photo specifications.

thanks,
mouli
Here is the link you can do it yourself.

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo
emceemouli said:
guys,

where do you take the immigration size photos...last time i took passport size photos and cut it to the immigration photo specifications.

thanks,
mouli
Missing link
http://www.epassportphoto.com/

narsanna

Star Member
Mar 11, 2009
despoimmigrant said:
To, all
It appears my wait is over as well. My Wife just called to inform me that we have got PPR from NY today 14th january 2010. Letter was dated on 7th January and mailed on 11th January.

Thank you all. one of the best day of my life. Planing to take rest of the day off from work and go home to celebrate it.

Congrats Dispo,
I am busy in my work so i didn't see the form for the past 1 week.
You did it.once, again congrats

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
Moiz,

Perhaps it would be safest to postpone your trip to India for now till you get the PR. But shouldn't be to much of a problem; you could have a friend who has a valid US visa, enter the US and get the PR visa stamped on your passport on your behalf.

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
moiz4you said:
Thank You Venky,

But is there no possible way that i can get the PPR stamped in New Delhi?
I doubt that Buffalo would agree to transfer the case to another consulate this late in the process. But you can ask then perhaps.

desikiVAAT

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jasper said:
And what I wrote in "Visa Office requested for the process of your application" box (1st page of IMM0008 Generic Form) is "Buffalo, USA."
Jasper, i was planning to fill "Los Angeles" for visa office request since i am in CA .... as u r also in CA, any particular reason for choosing Buffalo instead of LA visa office?

Jasper

May 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2009 (AINP), 25-03-2010 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
15-07-2010
Med's Request
15-07-2010
Med's Done....
22-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2011
LANDED..........
14-06-2011
desikiVAAT said:
Jasper, i was planning to fill "Los Angeles" for visa office request since i am in CA .... as u r also in CA, any particular reason for choosing Buffalo instead of LA visa office?
When I subimitted the copy of this form to AINP, I put "Buffalo, USA" in the box (I thought it meant "requested by AINP," not "requested by applicants") and I was planning to provide CIC with my "preference" of local Visa Office (Los Angeles, in my case) separately. But I don't think there's no problem to put our local Visa Office in this box. I believe what is important is not to leave it blank.