ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iAlberta said:
Seniors...

I have sent in my application to CIC without any PCC's.... I have already applied for FBI, Indian PCC and state PCCs. I will be sending them as soon as I receive them.

do you think my application will be returned? or will they ask me in future to updated my application...
They need a small reason to return. I can't speculate on your case. Mostly cases got thier file returned but some were able to send those PCC's later so let's see what happens.

I

insideofrightnow

What do you guys mean by "Background checks" ? Does CIC do their own background checks? Does anyone know how they do that? or what it will depend on? I lived for a while in Egypt, then few states in the US.

Thanks
GirlOntario said:
CIC buffalo has seriously delayed this AINP H1B SRS program. I don't what is the basis to stamping somebody's visa in less than 7 month and let somebody wait for over a year. That make sense that DNA's case may take a little bit longer as he has resided in many countries so background check will depend upon various foreign agencies but that diference should not be more than 1-2 month not at least 13.5 month!

I don't know how CIC Buffalo decide that let's decide this file in less than 7 months and put this another file in basement for next 7 months.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Background check details..

Example

Lets say You have lived in 5 different country. You have submited 5 PCC from those country along with the application. CIC sends out inquery to all those 5 country. Each country has background check departments. after sending those enquiery your file will be in queue till they receieve response from all 5 country. SOme country are very fast in response some countries are pretty slow to respond. CIC wait for sometime to get response ( no idea how long they wait though ) lets see after 6 months one country does not respond back to CIC they will assume that there is no criminal record found. and you file will be processsed further.

dna,,,,,,,ecomauli......... congrats buddies............ Ecomauli i told you dat LA is very fast............ this is really amazing to see that you got PPR in 40 days since your file got transferd to LA. congrats .

dna i am glade that your wait is over. you have to send all passports together CIC does not accept single passports if you have included your family members. hope things work out well at your end. keep us posted.

good luck

insideofrightnow said:
What do you guys mean by "Background checks" ? Does CIC do their own background checks? Does anyone know how they do that? or what it will depend on? I lived for a while in Egypt, then few states in the US.

Thanks

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
despoimmigrant said:
Background check details..

Example

Lets say You have lived in 5 different country. You have submited 5 PCC from those country along with the application. CIC sends out inquery to all those 5 country. Each country has background check departments. after sending those enquiery your file will be in queue till they receieve response from all 5 country. SOme country are very fast in response some countries are pretty slow to respond. CIC wait for sometime to get response ( no idea how long they wait though ) lets see after 6 months one country does not respond back to CIC they will assume that there is no criminal record found. and you file will be processsed further.

dna,,,,,,,ecomauli......... congrats buddies............ Ecomauli i told you dat LA is very fast............ this is really amazing to see that you got PPR in 40 days since your file got transferd to LA. congrats .

dna i am glade that your wait is over. you have to send all passports together CIC does not accept single passports if you have included your family members. hope things work out well at your end. keep us posted.

good luck
Thanks Very much despo...I was really surprised and amazed with the speed....On friday, i just send an email to check whether they received my updated I -797 and the medicals which i had sent. They replied back on monday saying that they received it and on tuesday i get an email saying that my application is approved and requesting passport.

Hopefully they give me time to land until nov as i am planning to land only in october as i have to get my visa stamping as i dont have US visa.

Any things we should take care while we send our passports. Are you planning to send any prepaid return envelopes...

Thanks,
Mouli

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mauli i already sent my passports along with return USPS express mail evenlop......... you have pretty much whole year to do landing formalities but anything comes in my mind i will let you know....

good luck.........

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
insideofrightnow said:

Thanks
Just like other background check processes, CIC also has point based risk rating among different nations. Countrywise risk is measured and processed accordingly. They send the query to all places where candidate has lived but still there are some countries where special scrutiny is processed such as Iran, Cuba, Sudan, Somalia etc In United States some countries are considered as "State Sponsors of Terrorism" and recently after flight 253 event in Detroit sky where Nigerian man tried to blow up the plane, the Nigeria was also added to the list of these countries. So the country of residence also makes a difference in Canadian Immigration Process. I remember that Dnatraj mentioned long time back that he lived for a while in UAE or somewhere in Middle east so I guess that could be the reason for his case that took 13.5 months. National Security Officials, National Intelligence agencies and various departments of United States and Canada work closely with each other.

virgo

Star Member
Dec 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2009
Doc's Request.
27-11-2009
Nomination.....
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
19-07-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-12-2010-- NY
Med's Request
19-07-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Passport Req..
04/04/2011
Hi Despo,

Congrats.
You said you will wait untill you get canadian citiszenship then leave to India.So how long do you need to stay in Canada to get it.Do you need to be there for that period physicall or having business partner ship means paying taxes on our name etc and going back and forth is ok.
Is there any rule that we need to live in alberta provence or any where else is fine.

Thank you
Virgo

Jan 16, 2010
Hi Seniors,
Your response is highly appreciated.

Deatils OF FAMILY MEMEBERS

You must provide the following details about each of your family members, Whether they will be accompanying you to canada or not. You must inlcude your spouse or common-law partner, if applicable, and all of your dependent children, and those of your spouse or common-law partner, who are not already permanent residents or citizens of Canada.

Apart from me and my husband and kid, do we need to include parents details and brother and sister details even they dont have passport?

Pls help me on this matter

Thanks
Alekya

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
depends which form are you filling out for family details. there are couple of places where you have to fill out additional family details. One is generic main application and other one is called additional family details for all applicants above 18 year and old.

details needed to answer your question !!

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To m aintain PR card you need to live in Canada for 2 years in 5 year Time period. 5 year time starts from the day you land first time in canada with PR visa.

TO get citizen ship you need to stay atleast 3 years on PR visa. ofcourse you must contribute to economy of canada by paying taxes.

There is no such rule that you have to live in Alberta but if AINP always encourage you to try to settle down in Alberta first. Ofcourse if you dont find job in alberta for few months and if you get an opportunity in other province than there is no one who can stop you moving to different province.

virgo said:
Hi Despo,

Congrats.
You said you will wait untill you get canadian citiszenship then leave to India.So how long do you need to stay in Canada to get it.Do you need to be there for that period physicall or having business partner ship means paying taxes on our name etc and going back and forth is ok.
Is there any rule that we need to live in alberta provence or any where else is fine.

Thank you
Virgo

Jan 16, 2010
Hi despo,

APPLICATION FOR PERMNANENT RESIDENSE IN CANADA - FORM IMM 0008 E GENERIC.
Could you please help me.

Thanks

despoimmigrant said:
depends which form are you filling out for family details. there are couple of places where you have to fill out additional family details. One is generic main application and other one is called additional family details for all applicants above 18 year and old.

details needed to answer your question !!

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alright in that form you do not need to include your parents or brother sister.

For example i have family of 3 ( me, My Wife, my Son) i will have to put details of each family member in that form weather they are going to join me in canada or not. if you dont have kid than it will be just you and your hubby's detail in this form.

good luck.

AlekyatheQueen said:
Hi despo,

APPLICATION FOR PERMNANENT RESIDENSE IN CANADA - FORM IMM 0008 E GENERIC.
Could you please help me.

Thanks

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
Got Passport Request in mail today Yippeeee :D

I

insideofrightnow

Thank you for the information. But if this is true, then why did they ask for the PCC if they do their own background check? And do you mean they just check the security background to make sure there isn't anything funny? Or do they check employment, residential addresses etc?

GirlOntario said:
Just like other background check processes, CIC also has point based risk rating among different nations. Countrywise risk is measured and processed accordingly. They send the query to all places where candidate has lived but still there are some countries where special scrutiny is processed such as Iran, Cuba, Sudan, Somalia etc In United States some countries are considered as "State Sponsors of Terrorism" and recently after flight 253 event in Detroit sky where Nigerian man tried to blow up the plane, the Nigeria was also added to the list of these countries. So the country of residence also makes a difference in Canadian Immigration Process. I remember that Dnatraj mentioned long time back that he lived for a while in UAE or somewhere in Middle east so I guess that could be the reason for his case that took 13.5 months. National Security Officials, National Intelligence agencies and various departments of United States and Canada work closely with each other.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
GirlOntario said:
Just a note. I agree that country-wise risk measurement. However, I did not stay in any of these countries. I had visited and stayed in all European countries + Malaysia apart from the US. so I guess, its slow response from one of those.