+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Travel Restrictions - does it apply to students?

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
When the new arrival testing measures take effect, connecting flight travellers won't be exempt. Got to take the 3 day 2000$ quarantine package at the initial destination plus 11 days at the final destination.

Official info has been released by the government.

Last edited:

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
When the new arrival testing measures take effect, connecting flight travellers won't be exempt. Got to take the 3 day 2000$ quarantine package at the initial destination plus 11 days at the final destination.

Official info has been released by the government.
Can you provide the source?

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Can you provide the source?
Initially PHAC (Public Health Agency of Canada) confirmed it but they didn't make the information public. However now recently the government has released some crucial information online post Feb 10th :

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/flying

For example: A Winnipeg bound international traveller flying into Vancouver, will stop over at hotel for up to 3 nights in Vancouver. After a negative test result, that traveller could take their flight to Winnipeg to go to their suitable place of quarantine.

Presently only the 14 day quarantine rule is in place. I am talking about the future for connecting flight travellers when the 3 day package gets placed in.
New rule may set to take place from Feb 15th.

Last edited:
Reactions: andrews17

Roohiez

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Initially PHAC (Public Health Agency of Canada) confirmed it but they didn't make the information public. However now recently the government has released some crucial information online post Feb 10th :

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/flying

For example: A Winnipeg bound international traveller flying into Vancouver, will stop over at hotel for up to 3 nights in Vancouver. After a negative test result, that traveller could take their flight to Winnipeg to go to their suitable place of quarantine.

Presently only the 14 day quarantine rule is in place. I am talking about the future for connecting flight travellers when the 3 day package gets placed in.
New rule is set to take place from Feb 15th.
Are you sure it is starting from February 15???
I am reaching Edmonton on the 15th!!!

Roohiez

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Yes words directly from Trudeau as you can check the source. You need to quarantine for 3 days at Toronto. Shouldn't have waited,
Okay so travellers arriving in Canada from Feb 15 onwards need to show a negative covid test report. That’s it. No hotel quarantine yet. I hope it stays the same.

Reactions: studentfrompoland

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Okay so travellers arriving in Canada from Feb 15 onwards need to show a negative covid test report. That’s it. No hotel quarantine yet. I hope it stays the same.
Nobody is entitled to know the exact information from the government. One may discuss the speculations but we cannot be 100% sure. That article just hints of an ETA regarding future implementations. Maybe or maybe not as everything is subjected to change anytime.

Reactions: ynandal99

studentfrompoland

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Just saying they would deter a lot of international students if we are not exempt. Then it will be bye bye Canada and bye bye Immigration Plans 2021-2023. And don't tell me the Hong Kong measure will replace all those lost international students

Reactions: ChileanGerman