+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Travel Restrictions - does it apply to students?

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
right thanks a lot guys. Unfortunately will be forced to take the 3 day quarantine then. My intake is May intake
I start in May as well (if my application is accepted). But I'd recommend to wait and see how the travelling restrictions will be in April. Right now nobody knows exactly how are the testings/quarantines going to work, apparently not even the government.

Reactions: Ppun and Jolankan1

shubham19965

Sep 20, 2019
I have a flight on 11th Feb Air Canada Delhi-Toronto and I am confused whether I should book the Airbnb or not. How do I deal with this guys? Is the 3 day quarantine not even in place yet?

Last edited:

Roohiez

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Why would anybody in the world delay strict testing protocols ? That's absurd.
I am not saying that the new restrictions will not start till april, I am saying that they might be discontinued by april. The main purpose of these restrictions is to stop Canadians from taking vacations to other countries for spring break and spring break ends in march!

Reactions: Ppun

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
I don’t think these restrictions will be in place till april. You are lucky
The main purpose of these restrictions is to stop Canadians from taking vacations to other countries for spring break and spring break ends in march!
No. This only stops those who live in cities that are far away from the US-Canada land border. Most people here aren't getting the real reason behind this - it's not to combat COVID, it's to prop-up the hotel industry.

If it was to combat the virus then they would have applied the same rules to land borders as well. But they have no plans to do so:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/government-travel-rules-hotel-quarantine-land-border-snowbirds-1.5897643

Why would anybody in the world delay strict testing protocols ? That's absurd.
Its political theater anyway.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/thousands-of-sun-seeking-canadian-travellers-dodge-hotel-quarantine/ar-BB1doval
The govt admitted the hotel quarantines system won't be ready till 14 Feb at the earliest.

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
That's not the way to go with their "big immigration plans for 2021-2023". :D
They are going to heavily pad their numbers by granting work permits and PRs to Hong Kong nationals.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/hong-kong-residents-will-soon-have-a-new-path-to-permanent-residence-in-canada-1.5295565

Basically every HK national with a Canadian post-secondary diploma or degree or an equivalent foreign credential that was acquired in the last 5 years can apply for a 3-year open work permit.

• Haha
Reactions: Robrobrob

Arka161

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Hi Arka, My flight is within a couple of days, and I am in the same state of confusion you have, did you get any additional info? I already have booked a 14 days quarantine plan by the college which will be in a designated hotel. so, seeing such updates really drive me nuts
I've reached safely in my AirBnb. There was no 2000$ or quarantine for me.

Reactions: ynandal99

Robrobrob

Jan 27, 2021
I have a flight on 11th Feb Air Canada Delhi-Toronto and I am confused whether I should book the Airbnb or not. How do I deal with this guys? Is the 3 day quarantine not even in place yet?
Hi buddy, the 3-day-quarantine plan is not in place yet. As of now, if you arrive on 11th February you just need to do your 'normal' 14-day-quarantine. You can check on the government website under "news release". If something changes, it will be up there.

Good luck to you!

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
I start in May as well (if my application is accepted). But I'd recommend to wait and see how the travelling restrictions will be in April. Right now nobody knows exactly how are the testings/quarantines going to work, apparently not even the government.
did they issue you a student visa?