+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Travel Restrictions - does it apply to students?

Dan D

Feb 19, 2020
It is important not to mix the current provincial testing measures happening at Pearson with what the federal government is going to put into place. What they are citing above is only as of today. All of this could change when the federal government comes out with their details.
I hope so

Roohiez

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Is it true that Canada is not allowing flights from middle east? I was hoping to travel with Qatar or Emirates airlines!

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Is it true that Canada is not allowing flights from middle east? I was hoping to travel with Qatar or Emirates airlines!
I expect there will be no issues BUT the carriers do give students hard time in transit. If you have an option to fly non-stop from Delhi to Toronto, I'll strongly suggest that route. I am a citizen of Canada and I recently accompanied an international student from Pakistan via Emirates (Dubai). The documents were thoroughly checked in Lahore by Emirates and were allowed to board after getting authorization BUT at the gates for the flight to Toronto at Dubai Airport, I've seen that they questioned every student and asked them to sit on the side and wait for further instruction after they verify everything and ask Canadian authorities if this xyz student is allowed to board. Emirates off-loaded at least two students from the same flight and clearly every student was panicked/nervous with the situation. Though, it wasn't that difficult for the accompanied student with me since one of many reasons could be that I was accompanying the student and/or classes are yet to start and were not already taking classes online or the pre-authorization at Lahore airport from Emirates. Who knows at this point.

What I learnt from this experience is, it's better to fly non-stop if you have an option from your country to Canada instead of taking a stop-over since that can get ugly.
You may face problems at the gates or even be offloaded.

Last edited:

omarasimd005

Mar 27, 2019
I have read the news in a precise manner and have researched over it on other links as well. Basically it says students who are returning back and are not first time travellers to Canada are not exempted from the rule however students who will be travelling first time are exempted..

Reactions: Ppun

Bluejayscardinals

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
I have read the news in a precise manner and have researched over it on other links as well. Basically it says students who are returning back and are not first time travellers to Canada are not exempted from the rule however students who will be travelling first time are exempted..
No. That is not correct.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Where did you read that? Provide links and please only government sources.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I called YUL to get information for a friend who was thinking of coming next week, the lady told me it's not in force yet, now they're starting the process to make the arrangements and figure out the logistics. She didn't think it would be up and running even by next week.

It will be implemented probably by the end of the month.

Jolankan1

Star Member
Oct 28, 2020
According to my knowledge, you can also enter earlier but then need to justify yourself why you have to enter that early prior to your studies. In the very worst case they can even send you back
right thanks a lot guys. Unfortunately will be forced to take the 3 day quarantine then. My intake is May intake