+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO Processing Time Ontario

Iva

Dec 31, 2011
Hope4MapleLeaf said:
@ Iva

congrats on your +LMO ... look at the brighter side, now you can restore your status and just wait for a new work permit ...
...some of us are still in limbo ...work permit denied and still no news on LMO....
Thank you,

terry2011

Dec 21, 2011
Carolk;

As you, Iva and maybe some others, I am also requesting the restoration of my status and work permit with the positive LMO I got. Regarding the restoration of the status, after they rejected my first work permit renovation (LMO haven't came by the time CIC made its decision- 2 months lead time), they stated on the letter that I was losing my status since the date they were doing their decision, so I asked to a lawyer if the 90 days was since my work permit has expired by first time or since the date the letter was stating that, and the lawyer confirmed that was from the date they were taking the decision, so after I have 90 days to restore status; in few words after my work permit status expired I had 2 months in implied status + 90 days to restore status. I am still waiting for the confirmation of restoration and work permit, so until I got them I can confirm this is the way that it works, maybe you will have more time to do yours since your work permit just expired in January, mine expired in Nov/11.

carolk

Dec 28, 2011
Terry, thanks for the updatte and valuable information.
This waiting time really kills me. I hope everything gonna be fine for all of us.
All the best!
terry2011 said:
Carolk;

As you, Iva and maybe some others, I am also requesting the restoration of my status and work permit with the positive LMO I got. Regarding the restoration of the status, after they rejected my first work permit renovation (LMO haven't came by the time CIC made its decision- 2 months lead time), they stated on the letter that I was losing my status since the date they were doing their decision, so I asked to a lawyer if the 90 days was since my work permit has expired by first time or since the date the letter was stating that, and the lawyer confirmed that was from the date they were taking the decision, so after I have 90 days to restore status; in few words after my work permit status expired I had 2 months in implied status + 90 days to restore status. I am still waiting for the confirmation of restoration and work permit, so until I got them I can confirm this is the way that it works, maybe you will have more time to do yours since your work permit just expired in January, mine expired in Nov/11.

Iva

Dec 31, 2011
terry2011 said:
Carolk;

I don't Think so. Take a look on this:
Restoration - Worker

If you stay in Canada after the expiry date of your Work Permit, you lose your legal status in the country. You must leave Canada right away. If not, you could be removed from Canada and will need authorization from an immigration officer to come back.

If you are still within the 90-day period after the expiry date of your work permit, you can apply to restore your status:

You must apply online through the Online Services page on our Web site; or

You must send an Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Worker to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta.

The application is available on our Web site. You can fill out the application on-line and print it or print it and fill it out by hand.

On the form, you must ask for restoration of status and give the details on why you stayed in Canada longer than permitted.

You have to pay $200 per person to restore your status in addition to cost of $150 for the work permit (a total of $350 per person).

You can stay in Canada until a decision is made.

Please note that you must stop working right away and wait until you get additional instructions.

There is no guarantee that your application will be approved.

Hope4MapleLeaf

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I found this link ... check page 7

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip06-eng.pdf

5.8. Restoration (Includes instructions found in OB 130)
If a visitor, worker or student has lost their status, they may apply to reinstate or restore their
status in accordance with R182. This regulation only applies if the temporary resident has not
been out of status for more than 90 days, and they have not failed to comply with the specified
conditions.
If an applicant applies to renew their visitor status, or their work or study permit, after their
temporary resident status has expired, but within the 90-day restoration period, CPC-Vegreville
will inform them that they must also apply for restoration of their status, if they have not already
done so. The applicant will then have 90 days from the date of notification to submit their
restoration application
and the corresponding fee, which is presently $200 [R306].

Hope4MapleLeaf

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
repeating it ...with a friendlier color font ...

If a visitor, worker or student has lost their status, they may apply to reinstate or restore their
status in accordance with R182. This regulation only applies if the temporary resident has not
been out of status for more than 90 days, and they have not failed to comply with the specified
conditions.
If an applicant applies to renew their visitor status, or their work or study permit, after their
temporary resident status has expired, but within the 90-day restoration period, CPC-Vegreville
will inform them that they must also apply for restoration of their status, if they have not already
done so. The applicant will then have 90 days from the date of notification to submit their
restoration application

Iva

Dec 31, 2011
Hope4MapleLeaf said:
repeating it ...with a friendlier color font ...

conditions.
restoration application
Maybe date of notification is the date that they are mentioned on the work permit (which is expiry date). If CIC means after refusal they supposed to write: 90 days after application denied.

terry2011

Dec 21, 2011
Iva,
I just have said what in the letter is stated and also in my comment I said " until I get the restoration and the work permit, i can say that this works in this way" I mean, even I asked to the lawyer I also not 100% sure, in any case, if not, I will have to return my country, maybe not much happy about it but it can happen. On the letter literally read as follow:"We also wish to advise you that your temporary resident status expired on Dec 28,2011" ..

Iva

Dec 31, 2011
terry2011 said:
Iva,
I just have said what in the letter is stated and also in my comment I said " until I get the restoration and the work permit, i can say that this works in this way" I mean, even I asked to the lawyer I also not 100% sure, in any case, if not, I will have to return my country, maybe not much happy about it but it can happen. On the letter literally read as follow:"We also wish to advise you that your temporary resident status expired on Dec 28,2011" ..
I think if someone applied for restoration within the 90 days of expiry date, can stay till CIC make decision. Maybe their making decision takes longer than 90 days. In this case applicant can stay in Canada but doesn't allow to work.

Tennis

Feb 6, 2012
My process:
1. 14.07.2011 sent application for extension of my work permit to CIC without new LMO, because i thought that i can use old one.
2. 04.09.2011 my work visa expired, still was waiting new permit from CIC
3. 07.11.2011 My application for extension of WP was refused, because CIC don't have new LMO. They gave to me 90 days for applying to restoration of status or leave Canada.
4. 07.11.2011 My employer applyed for new LMO via fax.
5. 14.11.2011 sent application for restoration of my status, without new LMO, but with processing file number in Service Canada. I asked CIC wait for decision about my LMO application.
6. 17.02.2012 I have got my new work permit. My employer is still waiting new LMO. ;) I think CIC and SC has one system about LMO and Work permit and they saw positive LMO and sent to me work permit.
Good luck everybody! I am so happy!

Iva

Dec 31, 2011
Tennis said:
My process:
1. 14.07.2011 sent application for extension of my work permit to CIC without new LMO, because i thought that i can use old one.
2. 04.09.2011 my work visa expired, still was waiting new permit from CIC
3. 07.11.2011 My application for extension of WP was refused, because CIC don't have new LMO. They gave to me 90 days for applying to restoration of status or leave Canada.
4. 07.11.2011 My employer applyed for new LMO via fax.
5. 14.11.2011 sent application for restoration of my status, without new LMO, but with processing file number in Service Canada. I asked CIC wait for decision about my LMO application.
6. 17.02.2012 I have got my new work permit. My employer is still waiting new LMO. ;) I think CIC and SC has one system about LMO and Work permit and they saw positive LMO and sent to me work permit.
Good luck everybody! I am so happy!
Congradulation ;)

Hope4MapleLeaf

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tennis,
congratulations and thanks for sharing your timeline...
now I know that it's possible to apply for restoration as long as you have the LMO file number .... that is such a good information

carlosmnam

Apr 9, 2011
Just be careful cause they will give you a hard time if they know you are working while waiting for restoration decision. You have no status in Canada so you are not allowed to work.
Btw, my LMO application was received by SC on Nov10th and nothing so far. Not even a call to my employer.