+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO Processing Time Ontario

Iva

Dec 31, 2011
uncertainity said:
Any idea which week's LMO applications SC is processing in Ontario...
They received my application on Nov 10 and approved on Feb 13, so probably now they are working on the application received Nov 15.

diferimo

Feb 19, 2012
Hello Everyone,

I'm also in the limbo. Actually kinda freaked out because of the several WP rejections that have happened based on the lack of a positive LMO. I applied for my LMO on November 17th via fax, then applied for a change in conditions for my WP on November 30th....Im currently still waiting for my LMO but I havent gotten any news yet..My NOC code was the one issued to cooks. I'm keeping my fingers crossed so that it is approved this week and so that my WP is not rejected.

I also wanted to know if anyone new what to do in my case: If I get a positive LMO and they issue a new WP, can I apply for my spouse's open WP at the border? He is a US resident as is currently here in Canada on a temporary work permit that expires in August. Can I just drive to the US and then come back and ask for a new work permit for him or will we have to apply for a change in conditions to his current work permit without leaving the country? If anyone knows, I would greatly appreciate any information that you can provide me with!

diferimo

Feb 19, 2012
I applied via fax on November 17th, I called Service Canada yesterday because I havent received a file number or a response. They told me that my application had been received but that they could not provide me with further details. I asked if she could tell me what applications they were processing at the moment (as far as applications received on what date) and she told me that they stopped giving out that information a few weeks ago in order to limit confusion...what a response!!! Anyway I'm still waiting on my LMO but I'm afraid CIC is going to reject my work permit extension since I dont even have a file number and it has been over two months since I applied for the new WP.

murphn24

Star Member
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-03-2014
File Transfer...
17-03-2014
Med's Done....
Completed in summer of 2013
diferimo said:
I applied via fax on November 17th, I called Service Canada yesterday because I havent received a file number or a response. They told me that my application had been received but that they could not provide me with further details. I asked if she could tell me what applications they were processing at the moment (as far as applications received on what date) and she told me that they stopped giving out that information a few weeks ago in order to limit confusion...what a response!!! Anyway I'm still waiting on my LMO but I'm afraid CIC is going to reject my work permit extension since I dont even have a file number and it has been over two months since I applied for the new WP.
Something sounds wrong with this.. I assume you are applying in Ontario given the thread title. I sent mine in my post and it was confirmed delivered on January 11, 2012. My lawyer called 3 weeks later and was given a similar answer to you. She then called again last Wednesday and was given a file number over the phone. I would be worried that the fax didn't send through properly or was lost along the way. I'm not trying to scare you but I would call them asap and highlight the date you sent it in. It hardly takes more than 2 months to get a file number.

carolk

Dec 28, 2011
uncertainity said:
12 weeks completed ....nothing yet...anyone got LMO ..who applied after 15-Nov-2011
for sure the processing time for LMO is really slow.
It is unbelievable they didn't process a little bit faster.
This waiting time it is really frustrating!

diferimo

Feb 19, 2012
@murphn24: thanks for your advice and your feedback!!!

I just got a call from my lawyer saying that they followed up and they were finally given information on my case. The fax did in fact go through, and my LMO was approved. However, my application to change the conditions on my work permit was denied by CIC on Feb. 2nd, so now I have to apply for a restoration of status....my lawyer is charging me 1500 dollars for it, does anyone know if it is an application that is easy to fill out? Could I do it myself given the fact that I already have my LMO approval and such?

murphn24

Star Member
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-03-2014
File Transfer...
17-03-2014
Med's Done....
diferimo said:
@ murphn24: thanks for your advice and your feedback!!!

I just got a call from my lawyer saying that they followed up and they were finally given information on my case. The fax did in fact go through, and my LMO was approved. However, my application to change the conditions on my work permit was denied by CIC on Feb. 2nd, so now I have to apply for a restoration of status....my lawyer is charging me 1500 dollars for it, does anyone know if it is an application that is easy to fill out? Could I do it myself given the fact that I already have my LMO approval and such?
No problem! Glad you are all sorted now more or less. Do not pay $1,500 to the lawyer for that!! Complete rip off! I could get a lawyer to look after that paperwork for a third of the price in Toronto.

diferimo

Feb 19, 2012
@ murphn24: It would be a great relief to find a cheaper options, esp. since right now I am unable to work. I am actually located in Toronto....would you mind sending me the information via email: driveraitalia@gmail.com...thanks!! god bless you!

murphn24

Star Member
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-03-2014
File Transfer...
17-03-2014
Med's Done....
diferimo said:
@ murphn24: It would be a great relief to find a cheaper options, esp. since right now I am unable to work. I am actually located in Toronto....would you mind sending me the information via email: driveraitalia @ gmail.com...thanks!! god bless you!
Got back to you on that. Cheers

Cepheus74

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
AOR Received.
23-06-2014
LANDED..........
In Canada
I have a perm job offer, my employer submitted the LMO around 4 weeks ago.

I shall update once I hear something, it seems processing times are very long, does this apply to both temp and perm job offers?

I am not sure if they will apply for a temporary or permanent visa for me after a positive LMO is returned.

Thanks for any replies and good luck to those waiting.

Iva

Dec 31, 2011
diferimo said:
@ murphn24: thanks for your advice and your feedback!!!

Congratulations for LMO :)

No need to pay the lawyer you can do by yourself. You can apply for restoration even online. Just you need to pay $200 for each person who need restoration and $150 extra for who needs work permit also. For example if you are a family of 3 and all need restoration and also you want to apply for work-permit for yourself and your wife, you have to pay $200 + $200 + $200 + $150 + $150 totally $900 for whole family.

If you are alone here just pay $350.

LMONEWBIE

Feb 20, 2012
Cepheus74 said:
I have a perm job offer, my employer submitted the LMO around 4 weeks ago.

I shall update once I hear something, it seems processing times are very long, does this apply to both temp and perm job offers?

I am not sure if they will apply for a temporary or permanent visa for me after a positive LMO is returned.

Thanks for any replies and good luck to those waiting.
I also have a permanent job offer and my employer has applied for the lmo though the company's law firm. The application was submitted nov 24 and it has been a long wait. I hope to receive a response anytime soon. Fingers crossed

LMONEWBIE

Feb 20, 2012
Iva said:
They received my application on Nov 10 and approved on Feb 13, so probably now they are working on the application received Nov 15.
After your lmo how long did WP processing take? I am still waiting for my lmo which was submitted on nov 24 and I expect year frm them soon. I need how much time I would have wind up and be ready to travel if i get a positive lmo. Thanks

Iva

Dec 31, 2011
LMONEWBIE said:
After your lmo how long did WP processing take? I am still waiting for my lmo which was submitted on nov 24 and I expect year frm them soon. I need how much time I would have wind up and be ready to travel if i get a positive lmo. Thanks
Now the WP processing time is 17 days. You can check CIC website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp