+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO Processing Time Ontario

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You can come ahead and husband and daughter can follow. As soon as your husband lands, he'd have to show copies of your WP (should be skilled), marriage certificate (to show relationship), and let officer know he's applying for the OWP; has to pay WP fee too.

GoldenArm said:
I can't answer that one, but I think I have seen a similar question on this forum before... maybe have search through old threads relating to LMOs & WPs.
You could also try sending a PM to one of the senior members like rjessome or Job_Seeker. They seem to have a lot of general knowledge on this suff.

justtheme

May 2, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Ottawa >> Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2010
AOR Received.
03-09-2011
IELTS Request
7.5 / 9
File Transfer...
03-09-2011
Med's Request
29-5-2013
Med's Done....
10-6-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
26-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
I applied on September 7.

5 weeks and 3 days so far.

I will hopefully have to way for only 2 more weeks. My work permit expires on Nov. 17 and I need to submit the LMO before it expires. So much stress!! :-X :-X :-X :-\

GoldenArm

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
will apply at Port of Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Jul-2011 (LMO)
VISA ISSUED...
LMO received 09-Sep-2011
doctorcoffee said:
ELEVEN WEEKS NOW.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh. This is not funny any more.
Did you ask the employer to chase it up? That's ridiculously long.

doctorcoffee

Oct 5, 2011
they rang him 2 weeks ago asking for his business license, so we kinda assumed its imminent, but heard nothing since! :'(

B

bichoudandy

Re: LMO Processing Time Ontario from Bali

Hi Golden arm,

thanks for your reply, well the first i saw in local newspaper that a local agency here open a vacancy to work in canada. i passed all the interview with the user (agency) and they ask me to applied for a skilled worker since i have a bachelor degree, but i have to atend some IELTS test and its so difficult for me and also quiet expensive. then i applied as a general worker. i have pay for around USD 2500 for the document processing, and it is not easy. we have been waiting since march till now, and i just know they just applied my LMO on august. can you explain to me more detail how the processing of the LMO, then what we should do after ?
or can we personally applied a job in Canada not thru an agency??

many thanks for your help and information.

thanks
Made :)

doctorcoffee

Oct 5, 2011
Still nothing... 11 weeks four days....

My employer is currently trying to do the job he offered me, AND his own, AND recruit more staff locally. The guy really doesn't have the time to chase up Service Canada. He also says "be patient because it's only been 2 weeks since he sent off his business licence" (they called him to ask for it)

Would Service Canada actually talk to me if I phoned them from here? I know the LMO is a general document and not specifically about me, but this ridiculously long wait is really causing me problems too (ie: selling our house, transferring my business to my partner, husband quitting his job etc). It doesn't just affect me and my new employer, and there's no reason that I can see why it should have taken this long!! I've found the number for the right department of Service Canada - do I ring them myself or would that make things worse?

GoldenArm

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
will apply at Port of Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Jul-2011 (LMO)
VISA ISSUED...
LMO received 09-Sep-2011
doctorcoffee said:
Still nothing... 11 weeks four days....

My employer is currently trying to do the job he offered me, AND his own, AND recruit more staff locally. The guy really doesn't have the time to chase up Service Canada. He also says "be patient because it's only been 2 weeks since he sent off his business licence" (they called him to ask for it)

Would Service Canada actually talk to me if I phoned them from here? I know the LMO is a general document and not specifically about me, but this ridiculously long wait is really causing me problems too (ie: selling our house, transferring my business to my partner, husband quitting his job etc). It doesn't just affect me and my new employer, and there's no reason that I can see why it should have taken this long!! I've found the number for the right department of Service Canada - do I ring them myself or would that make things worse?
Wow, I'm so sorry to hear you still don't have an answer. Our 9 week wait was one of the hardest things we had to deal with for similar reasons to you.

I don't think it could make things worse to call, but I wouldn't be surprised if they refused to respond directly to the applicant. They usually deal only with the employer as they are the ones applying. Worth a shot I guess.

Good luck & hang in there!

Update: I just asked the immigration lawyer who helped me get over here, about the steps involved in hiring a guy I know who is already here in Toronto (on a TWP with another company). He said the guy would need a new LMO, and that the current processing time is 10-12 weeks.

Hopefully that means your wait is nearly over.... or at least it would imply that there is nothing out of the ordinary happening with your application. This is just how long they take at the moment.

Sanju1986

Nov 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Spouse.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th March 2013
AOR Received.
17th April 2013
File Transfer...
17th April 2013
Med's Done....
17th Feb 2013
Interview........
Waived (As per GCMS Notes)
Passport Req..
28th May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP Since 8th Nov / DM 18th nov/ PP back - 22nd Nov !!Rehmat teri mehnat Meri Sachey Paatshah !!!
LANDED..........
hopefully soon !!!Rehmat teri mehnat Meri Sachey Paatshah !!
This is Bullshit .. LMO apllied on 28th July ... Still waiting for the reply ..
POsition applied for - COOK

doctorcoffee

Oct 5, 2011
Sanju1986 said:
This is Bull*censored word* .. LMO apllied on 28th July ... Still waiting for the reply ..
POsition applied for - COOK
Yeah - same issue, we applied 29th July, and it's a barista trainer/coffee shop managers job. Heard precisely nothing.

GoldenArm - Thanks for your support. I rang service canada and they were surprisingly polite and as helpful as they could be, (and you get a nice bit of Vivaldi when you're on hold!) But as I suspected, they weren't allowed to give me any information directly, it all HAS to be done by the employer only. And they couldn't be specific about how long it takes either, but she barely sounded surprised when I said it'd been 11 and a half weeks. It seems to be if the position you've applied for is long term - ie: over a year, then they just put you to the bottom of the pile.

Anyway, best of luck to those still waiting.... GAH!!!!

justtheme

May 2, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Ottawa >> Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2010
AOR Received.
03-09-2011
IELTS Request
7.5 / 9
File Transfer...
03-09-2011
Med's Request
29-5-2013
Med's Done....
10-6-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
26-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
doctorcoffee said:
12 weeks and 2 days. I am going mad.
Ask your employer to give them a call!

Sanju1986

Nov 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Spouse.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th March 2013
AOR Received.
17th April 2013
File Transfer...
17th April 2013
Med's Done....
17th Feb 2013
Interview........
Waived (As per GCMS Notes)
Passport Req..
28th May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP Since 8th Nov / DM 18th nov/ PP back - 22nd Nov !!Rehmat teri mehnat Meri Sachey Paatshah !!!
LANDED..........
hopefully soon !!!Rehmat teri mehnat Meri Sachey Paatshah !!
@ Doctor COffee .. Same here buddy .. Applied on 28th July for the position of cook ( Indian restaurant ) .. Still waiting for LMO .. this is jus Unbelievable .. last year .. it took me just 3 weeks.. but this year.. dont understand the reason behind ..