+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO Processing Time Ontario

B

bichoudandy

HI All,

I need your advice,, i am coming from Bali and applied a job as a general worker to an agency here,,,on march,,,
i just know the name of the agency in canada was Feximco, and they are currenly still processing my LMO since august 17th 2011 till now,,,
how long does it take, for the LMO to be issued????
and what should I do after we received it and how long till I can go work to canada??
the process from the agency is really confusing me,,,it take 6 month to process all docs,,,

thanks for your kind help
MC :'(

GoldenArm

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
will apply at Port of Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Jul-2011 (LMO)
VISA ISSUED...
LMO received 09-Sep-2011
bichoudandy said:
HI All,

I need your advice,, i am coming from Bali and applied a job as a general worker to an agency here,,,on march,,,
i just know the name of the agency in canada was Feximco, and they are currenly still processing my LMO since august 17th 2011 till now,,,
how long does it take, for the LMO to be issued????
and what should I do after we received it and how long till I can go work to canada??
the process from the agency is really confusing me,,,it take 6 month to process all docs,,,

thanks for your kind help
MC :'(
LMO's take around 2 months.

Coming from Bali you would then probably need to apply for a visa at a visa office outside Canada (Jakarta?). That can take a few more months depending which office you apply through:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/workers.asp

I'm more concerned about your statement that you applied as a "general worker" through an agency.
Normally it's an employer who applies for an LMO, and it has to be for a specific position. They have to prove that they have advertised the position locally and justify why anybody who applied for the position locally was not suitable.

All of that is usually paid for by the company, and the application for an LMO is free. Did you pay a fee to this agency?

darinvg

Aug 19, 2011
GoldenArm said:
When you say you are "coming from the US", do you mean you are US Citizens?

You can apply at the port of entry if you are citizens of certain countries:
We are both US citizens so we see that we can apply at the port. However, there's a chance my wife will need a medical exam since she'll be a speech pathologist for kids. Is there a way to get the medical exam ahead of time?

GoldenArm

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Jul-2011 (LMO)
VISA ISSUED...
LMO received 09-Sep-2011
darinvg said:
We are both US citizens so we see that we can apply at the port. However, there's a chance my wife will need a medical exam since she'll be a speech pathologist for kids. Is there a way to get the medical exam ahead of time?
On the CIC website you can find a list of approved doctors who know the procedure for the Canadian worker medical exam.

It can't hurt to get it done in advance if you don't mind the expense.

GoldenArm

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Jul-2011 (LMO)
VISA ISSUED...
LMO received 09-Sep-2011
Unlucky_gal said:
Atlast got My LMO approval friday.... :) Exactly it took 3 months......
Congratulations!

That was a long haul! I thought mine was bad!

doctorcoffee

Oct 5, 2011
Hi guys.. been reading this thread for a while trying to find some hope and inspiration! Would love someone to reassure me.

I'm from the UK and headed for Regina, Saskatchewan, NOC 0631 - if you know what that is, you may appreciate why this is a silly situation!
Employer advertised this job for 2 months before I found the advert, only had ONE response from someone with no experience. I applied on a whim, and did a job interview via skype!! I went out to Regina in July to check it was all legit, it seemed to be so I accepted the job. This was totally out of the blue because it is not really the sort of job you generally apply for internationally, and it really surprised me that he hadn't had any local applicants. I can only conclude that there just very few people in Regina!?!

Here's my timescale:
I saw him fill out and post the LMO on 29th July
5th August he got an acknowledgement of receipt.
Then... nothingnothingnothingnothingnothingnothing
8 weeks and 5 days later employer gets a call from Service Canada asking for his business licence, on 29th Sept.
And since then I've not heard a squeak ... 9 weeks and 4 days so far.

Is the long wait a good thing - as in, surely if they were going to reject it, they would have by now?
What does getting a call asking for his business licence mean? Is that positive?

Also, we are doing this entirely ourselves, we cannot afford to get the immigration consultants involved. As such I am at a bit of a loss as to what happens next. Assuming I eventually get the LMO through, what do I do with it? What do I need to get the work permit (and an OWP for my hubby) from here?

Advice and reassurance much appreciated!!!

GoldenArm

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Jul-2011 (LMO)
VISA ISSUED...
LMO received 09-Sep-2011
I would definitely ask the employer what is going on. According to my immigration lawyers, the majority of the waiting period is your application going through various filters (this NOC level in this pile, this duration in this pile, this country of origin in this pile etc.) and sitting in in-trays. Once they actually start looking at the details of the application, it should be fairly quick.

Other than that, the process is:

- You get a positive LMO

- If you are a UK citizen you can apply at the port-of-entry. You go through customs when you arrive at the airport when you land as normal, and when they ask the reason for your visit, just say "work, and I require a work permit". They direct you to the Services Canada area, usually an office just behind the customs desks.
Take your LMO document, passports, marriage certificate, job offer and wait in line. Hand everything over to the officer and tell them that you also want an open Work Permit for your husband. Answer any questions the officer has - they basically want to know that you will be able to support yourself when in Canada, and that you aren't planning on overstaying your visa.

- If it all checks out and they are happy, you pay $150 each and get the Work Permits stapled into your passports.

- Depending on which airport you arrive at that all may take well over an hour, so find where your bags have been stored (they will have usually taken them off the baggage carousel to make room for another flight's baggage by then).

- Welcome to Canada!

If you will be connecting to a domestic flight, make sure you have given yourself enough time to do all of that and re-check in your bags.
Seriously, I've done this process 3 times now and it can take anything up to 3 hours!

brabus_

Star Member
Aug 6, 2010
Unlucky_gal said:
Atlast got My LMO approval friday.... :) Exactly it took 3 months......
Hey, did you apply in Toronto? What is the term of your job?
I heard that sooner term job is processed more faster than long one.
Thanks

doctorcoffee

Oct 5, 2011
Thank you very much Goldenarm, helpful stuff! I've got more questions I'm afraid.
We've got to sell our house here in the UK and my husband has to give a month's notice on his job, and we have a one year old to worry about as well. It may well be the case that I end up going over on my own for a while and hubby and daughter can follow me later. If that happens, what happens with hubby's OWP? Can he apply for it from the UK? or do we all have to go over at the same time?

yogeshddd

Oct 12, 2010
I finally got my LMO today. It took me a week short of 3 months to get it. Hope this information helps somebody

doctorcoffee

Oct 5, 2011
yogeshddd said:
I finally got my LMO today. It took me a week short of 3 months to get it. Hope this information helps somebody
Congratulations but....

*CRY* :eek: :( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Don't want to wait that long!!!

brabus_

Star Member
Aug 6, 2010
yogeshddd said:
Hey, What was the term of your job? Thanks

GoldenArm

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Jul-2011 (LMO)
VISA ISSUED...
LMO received 09-Sep-2011
doctorcoffee said:
Thank you very much Goldenarm, helpful stuff! I've got more questions I'm afraid.
We've got to sell our house here in the UK and my husband has to give a month's notice on his job, and we have a one year old to worry about as well. It may well be the case that I end up going over on my own for a while and hubby and daughter can follow me later. If that happens, what happens with hubby's OWP? Can he apply for it from the UK? or do we all have to go over at the same time?
I can't answer that one, but I think I have seen a similar question on this forum before... maybe have search through old threads relating to LMOs & WPs.
You could also try sending a PM to one of the senior members like rjessome or Job_Seeker. They seem to have a lot of general knowledge on this suff.