NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Jul-2011 (LMO)
VISA ISSUED...
LMO received 09-Sep-2011
An update if anyone is interested.

My lawyers called Service Canada and were informed that they were currently processing applications submitted on July 10th (ours was received by them on July 13th).

That means they are currently taking around 37 business days, or approximately 8 weeks.

:mad:

wilbur

Star Member
Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
02-06-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Request
02-09-2011
Med's Done....
03-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2011
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
I agree with you Golden Arm, it is unbelievable that a simple process takes that long!! And this is just a part of it, because the Work permit renewal is taking at least 76 days (if sent electronically, 135 days with the paper application).

So, if you consider two weeks of Job advertisement + more than 8 weeks to process LMO (almost 10) + and almost 3 months to get the work permit, the whole process takes roughly half a year!! Just to renew the Work permit...

It's absolute ridiculous and unbelievable!! don't you think? I was thinking today that probably it is made so long to discourage people of applying...

GoldenArm said:
Today is 7 weeks since the application was filed. We were originally told 3-5 weeks, then 4-8, then 30 business days. All of those targets have been missed.

I don't understand how these things take so long, or why they can't give an accurate time estimate. It's pathetic really.
I work on multi-billion dollar engineering projects and we can estimate how long things will take, to the day in some cases. And if we overshoot our estimates, there are consequences. There is no incentive for the Immigration department to do their work in a timely manner, so they don't.

I don't care how they dress it up and what excuses they offer, it's basically just slackness and incompetence. There can be no other reason.

GoldenArm

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
will apply at Port of Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Jul-2011 (LMO)
VISA ISSUED...
LMO received 09-Sep-2011
wilbur said:
I agree with you Golden Arm, it is unbelievable that a simple process takes that long!! And this is just a part of it, because the Work permit renewal is taking at least 76 days (if sent electronically, 135 days with the paper application).

So, if you consider two weeks of Job advertisement + more than 8 weeks to process LMO (almost 10) + and almost 3 months to get the work permit, the whole process takes roughly half a year!! Just to renew the Work permit...

It's absolute ridiculous and unbelievable!! don't you think? I was thinking today that probably it is made so long to discourage people of applying...
Completely agree.

Although I don't think they are making it slower on purpose. At least I hope not - the delay for me is actually costing jobs for Canadians.
I'm going to be recruiting a local team, but in order to meet project deadlines (I work in the corporate world where these things mean something!) I might have to scale back those plans and get some work done in our Australian office instead of the Toronto office. There probably isn't time to set up the team there now, but the Australian office is set up & ready to go.

So their delays are costing both Canadian workers and the Canadian economy. I wouldn't be happy if I was a local.

Luckily for me I can apply for a Work Permit at the port of entry.
But still... 8 weeks to look at a form?!? I get about 8 weeks to lay out an entire Petrochemical Processing Facility! I think I'm in the wrong line of work!

Unlucky_gal

Jun 21, 2011
Hi GoldenArm,

My application date is end of June month ..... but still no update?
Whats your duration 1year or 2 year. For me its 24 months, In one of the post I saw that for longer term its taking time.. Is it so?

GoldenArm

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Jul-2011 (LMO)
VISA ISSUED...
LMO received 09-Sep-2011
Unlucky_gal said:
Hi GoldenArm,

My application date is end of June month ..... but still no update?
Whats your duration 1year or 2 year. For me its 24 months, In one of the post I saw that for longer term its taking time.. Is it so?
My duration is 1 year.

They did mention to my lawyer that they were giving priority to short term LMO applications but by "short term" they meant weeks or months, so I think mine is still considered long term.

My lawyer got another update yesterday, but only to say they are inundated with applications and still didn't know how long it would take.

I have done a lot of international travel and have never come across a worse run government department with less of a clue of what they are doing. Sure they have a lot of applications, but to not even be able to estimate how long it will take to clear the backlog? Stunning.
Even dealing with Brazilian authorities was more efficient, and that is a borderline 3rd world country rife with corruption. Services Canada should be ashamed.

architectgal

Sep 9, 2011
Hello I'm new here.

In Chicago, husband Canadian. The potential employer in Toronto faxed my LMO app. July 11, 2011 and I am still waiting, 9+ weeks . Although at this point I have lost hope in approval and back to applying for jobs anywhere.

Interesting to see everyone's experience though.

-A.G.

GoldenArm

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Jul-2011 (LMO)
VISA ISSUED...
LMO received 09-Sep-2011
mexpert said:
Usually LMo takes 3 to 5 days to process not more than That
HA! What???

This is all from the people who actually process LMO's:

The "official" processing time is 4-8 weeks, although they aim for 30 business days, or around 6 weeks. In Ontario, they have been inundated lately and the average processing time is currently around 8-10 weeks.

I have just received a positive LMO (received on Friday) after 9 weeks processing time.

Unlucky_gal

Jun 21, 2011
Hi GoldenArm .....So your patience is rewarded...

I got update that, Service Canada is expecting document from my company, once they received the document it will be approved by this week...

indian21

Sep 10, 2011
By looking at the timing of your guys ...i read on this forum that during June-Aug most of the staff is on vacation ...so whether this fact is true and whether LMO processing wil be fast after October month ...any idea?

architectgal

Sep 9, 2011
Wondering about this process while you have an application pending is kind of frustrating. I don't know where the info on 3-5 days processing was from. It makes me feel a little better that I am not the only one.

This is the 10th week for me. :/

Good news that you got yours approved!

adelaide4

Sep 7, 2011
GoldenArm said:
HA! What???

This is all from the people who actually process LMO's:

The "official" processing time is 4-8 weeks, although they aim for 30 business days, or around 6 weeks. In Ontario, they have been inundated lately and the average processing time is currently around 8-10 weeks.

I have just received a positive LMO (received on Friday) after 9 weeks processing time.
congrats !!! may i know the NOC code for the approved LMO ?

darinvg

Aug 19, 2011
My wife just got a job offer in Toronto so her future employer will be applying for an LMO this week (NOC 31-41-A). I'll let everyone know how long it takes.

Once she has the LMO, since we're coming from the US, do we just go to the port of entry and get the work permit when we cross? I'll be self-employed and getting an open work permit. Thanks for any help ahead of time!

chelsea

Sep 19, 2011
Hi everyone. Info on interested, I applied mine in Toronto on July 7, got approved on September 21, thus 8 weeks. Thank God. :)

GoldenArm

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Jul-2011 (LMO)
VISA ISSUED...
LMO received 09-Sep-2011
darinvg said:
My wife just got a job offer in Toronto so her future employer will be applying for an LMO this week (NOC 31-41-A). I'll let everyone know how long it takes.

Once she has the LMO, since we're coming from the US, do we just go to the port of entry and get the work permit when we cross? I'll be self-employed and getting an open work permit. Thanks for any help ahead of time!
When you say you are "coming from the US", do you mean you are US Citizens?

You can apply at the port of entry if you are citizens of certain countries:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canadian-immigration-visitor-visa-exemptions.html