+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO Processing Time Ontario

doctorcoffee

Oct 5, 2011
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

As you may have gathered, I'm a little excited because FINALLY MY LMO HAS ARRIVED!! Positive, as well. 12 weeks and five days after applying. So, for anyone else still waiting, (Sanju1986??) it will happen eventually!!!!

Currently drinking Maple flavoured whisky liquer I picked up in Saskatchewan over the summer.... CHEERS FOLKS!!!!!!

Regdor

Sep 27, 2011
doctorcoffee said:
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

As you may have gathered, I'm a little excited because FINALLY MY LMO HAS ARRIVED!! Positive, as well. 12 weeks and five days after applying. So, for anyone else still waiting, (Sanju1986??) it will happen eventually!!!!

Currently drinking Maple flavoured whisky liquer I picked up in Saskatchewan over the summer.... CHEERS FOLKS!!!!!!
Hi!! What's the date of approval of your LMO indicated in the Confirmation Number? Thanks and congrats. Go file for your WP now... Good luck..

GoldenArm

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
will apply at Port of Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Jul-2011 (LMO)
VISA ISSUED...
LMO received 09-Sep-2011
doctorcoffee said:

I'm so relieved for you! I've been checking every day to see if you've got approval. Almost as nervous as when I was waiting for mine, lol!

So I guess you can just travel now? If you are a UK citizen I believe you don't need to pre-apply for a temp visitor visa or work permit, you can just apply at the border when you arrive. Takes an hour or so.

scuudz

Sep 29, 2011
doctorcoffee - thats great to hear. 12 weeks and 5 days is a long wait.

I got mine in 9 weeks. Applied for the TWP, and got a medical request in 6 days! Did the medical yesterday and have to re-submit my passport to the Canadian High Commission in 5 days. I guess its a good sign that things should be wrapped up in a positive manner pretty soon. I've lived in Regina for a couple of years and will be going back there to work if I get my visa. Maybe I'll see you around!

doctorcoffee

Oct 5, 2011
Regdor said:
Hi!! What's the date of approval of your LMO indicated in the Confirmation Number? Thanks and congrats. Go file for your WP now... Good luck..
18th October - it seems they then waited another week before actually posting the damn thing!

Gonna go out there in a fortnight to visit, then make The Big Move after Christmas I think. Gonna try getting the WP at the airport. Quick question though: flights from the UK go via Toronto then to Regina. Would we try to get the WP sorted at Toronto, or when we actually arrive in Regina ?

Cook

Oct 31, 2011
Hello to all here! I am just new to this site. Hope someone there of the know can help me.

I applied for a cook position online. Now they email me this month that my LMO has been approved. By the way, i am a seaman and not staying the Philippines but will probably apply from there. Some advise me to apply thru other countries not the Philippines as it's hard to do it there. Is this true? The Canadian agency told me to wire money USD1500 to them and they will process my work permit application. Do you think this is legitimate? I heard from others that fees can just be deducted from my salary there in Canada? Can someone give me an idea of an estimate of expenses in going to canada. I am just single and no properties yet in the Philippines do you think this would be a block to my application? Thank you so much and hope to receive your advises guys!

scuudz

Sep 29, 2011
I'm not sure how hard or easy it is to apply in the Philippines. Perhaps someone else on here will be able to answer that part of your post better. However, the 1500 USD thing raises a red flag in my book. Is the Canadian agency you refer to an immigration consultant? If so, they cannot process your work permit application. They can only advise you what documents your application will need and fill out the forms for you and put them all in a nice package for you. If you are applying from outside Canada and this agency is only based in Canada, they will send you the prepared application package and you will still have to submit it on their own. Therefore, they nor any other agency except the CIC has any say in processing your work permit application.

A safe figure for moving to Canada depending on the job you have lined up would be about $7500 (not including what you spend on air fare).

Not having any property in the Philippines is not a deal breaker, but it is something they will probably look at.

Cook

Oct 31, 2011
Scuudz thank you so much for the reply. Please take a look at what the agency has emailed me.

"""The Labour Market Opinion for your position has just received. Congratulations! You can now apply for the Work Visa at the Canadian Embassy in Manila.

We are attaching some notes for your application, along with the list of documents you will require. This is useful in preparing for your application.

Regarding the fee transfer, your fee payment is now due ($1500). We are forwarding fee transfer information, for your use. Please see the attachment for your approved LMO and the Invoice from SkillSearch Recruiting.

For your Work Permit application package, we will soon send you a signed letter from your employer and your signed employment contract which will help you with your work permit application.

Looking forward to meeting you upon your arrival. We will be there to meet you upon arrival at the airport, and to help you getting settled in Canada. If you have any question, please let us know."""

Cook

Oct 31, 2011
Can someone also share here how much at least in their bank account to be considered safe in applying for TWP. I understand you need a financial statement and proof of properties inorder to apply. I don't have a lot of money right now in the bank so maybe wait until i raised the acceptable/useful amount. Thank you so much.

justtheme

May 2, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Ottawa >> Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2010
AOR Received.
03-09-2011
IELTS Request
7.5 / 9
File Transfer...
03-09-2011
Med's Request
29-5-2013
Med's Done....
10-6-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
26-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
It's been 10 weeks since I applied for my LMO. Last year it barely took me 4 weeks to get it. Based on what other applicants are posting here, I guess I still have 2 more weeks ahead of me....

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Hope this post is not late. Why would you be paying $1500.00 for the WP application. It costs $150.00 CAD or the equivalent to apply for the WP. Please check the legitimacy of the offer. Did you sign a contract with them before the application of the LMO? Is a copy of the contract with you?

Cook said:
Scuudz thank you so much for the reply. Please take a look at what the agency has emailed me.

"""The Labour Market Opinion for your position has just received. Congratulations! You can now apply for the Work Visa at the Canadian Embassy in Manila.

We are attaching some notes for your application, along with the list of documents you will require. This is useful in preparing for your application.

Regarding the fee transfer, your fee payment is now due ($1500). We are forwarding fee transfer information, for your use. Please see the attachment for your approved LMO and the Invoice from SkillSearch Recruiting.

For your Work Permit application package, we will soon send you a signed letter from your employer and your signed employment contract which will help you with your work permit application.

Looking forward to meeting you upon your arrival. We will be there to meet you upon arrival at the airport, and to help you getting settled in Canada. If you have any question, please let us know."""

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Your contract of employment should serve as your financial support (for your application), since it is specified how much you're getting and for how long.

Cook said:
Can someone also share here how much at least in their bank account to be considered safe in applying for TWP. I understand you need a financial statement and proof of properties inorder to apply. I don't have a lot of money right now in the bank so maybe wait until i raised the acceptable/useful amount. Thank you so much.

synbio

Nov 6, 2011
HI All,

well i am little bit confusion about my situation at the moment, and i hope someone here can give me some advice:)
well i applied as a general worker in agency here, and i have filled out some document for my LMO since August 16th 2011, and didnt get any LMO till now. Recently my friend get who has the same thing with me, got their job offer and already sign on it,,,but my job offer is not received yet.
just get a good new, that my employer will come on next week Nov 11th 2011 to bring our LMO. i am little bit worry, since i never received my job offer (all of my friend got it and sign it). when i am asking to my agency here, they said the employer will bring my LMO and dont need to sign a job offer couse not enough time. in my mind, we should sign the job offer first, thats mean we are agree with all the condition including salary etc,,,,and then process with LMO. my question are,
1. is it possible to do such thing,,,just received the LMO and sign ( may be the job offer and etc attached in the LMO)
2. what is the right process??
3. did we pay some amount to process the LMO and all procedures?

please your advice guys,

regards
synbio

GoldenArm

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
will apply at Port of Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Jul-2011 (LMO)
VISA ISSUED...
LMO received 09-Sep-2011
synbio said:
HI All,

well i am little bit confusion about my situation at the moment, and i hope someone here can give me some advice:)
well i applied as a general worker in agency here, and i have filled out some document for my LMO since August 16th 2011, and didnt get any LMO till now. Recently my friend get who has the same thing with me, got their job offer and already sign on it,,,but my job offer is not received yet.
just get a good new, that my employer will come on next week Nov 11th 2011 to bring our LMO. i am little bit worry, since i never received my job offer (all of my friend got it and sign it). when i am asking to my agency here, they said the employer will bring my LMO and dont need to sign a job offer couse not enough time. in my mind, we should sign the job offer first, thats mean we are agree with all the condition including salary etc,,,,and then process with LMO. my question are,
1. is it possible to do such thing,,,just received the LMO and sign ( may be the job offer and etc attached in the LMO)
2. what is the right process??
3. did we pay some amount to process the LMO and all procedures?

please your advice guys,

regards
synbio
I don't quite understand what you are saying.
It is the employer who applies for the LMO, not the worker. What "documents" did you fill out for the LMO application?