+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IS CANADA DREAM LAND OR NIGHT MARE???????

CanSun

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
Welcome back New 2 Canada - I was wondering where you were ??? Usually - when I dispute BobbyB or Rupesh - you jump in like the faithful old ???? - U know what I mean ? Like I said before when I first started posting in this forum and as you put it Attacking Rupesh - I am still holding on to the PINK DRESS FOR you - You will be a Good Fit - absolutely we should catch up on the Banters again.

GOOD TO SEE THE OLD BROTHERHOOD BACK AGAIN - BOBBYB, RUPESH and NEW 2 Canada - just like old times.

SweetBerry - Dont feel bad about New 2 Canada's comments - He is what I call CHALLENGED in a lot of Ways !!! 1 thing you will notice with the above 3 guys is that they can always dispute other people - but when you dispute either of them - you have hurt their feelings and they come back with a Revenge - each covering for the other. Good Teamwork but negligible Leadership Skills unfortunately.

Yeah - lets move on this issue - its never ending - I will always dispute people who talk Trash about Canada and the USA - having lived in both these countries and currently living in Canada still. Both Canada and the USA mean a lot to me along with my home Argentina - so I wont take it lightly when people like BobbyB talk Crap about Canada and at the same time is DESPERATE to come to Canada.

So lets move on - if you drag on - so will I.

New2Canada

Mar 6, 2009
I don't want to wear your second hand pink dress. I think you have stretched it enough :-*

I guess some people from Argentina love the UK. If it wasn't for the UK, General Galtieri would still be in power. Oh how little puny UK has influenced countries much larger in size and how that influence, essentially resulted in democracy. For all of Maggie T's fault, she did ultimately (and indirectly) restore democracy to Argentina. The very thing that makes Canada and US great.

Darkside

Star Member
Nov 28, 2007
Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can't help but interject here.

I must say this thread has been extremely informative and intriguing. It's been interesting comparing two of the top migration destinations in the world to know which is the preferred option. I have to say though that both the UK and Canada have their respective advantages and disadvantages. It all boils down to what each person has in mind for moving to another location.

I applied for the UK Tier 1 in dec 2008 and i received it 4 weeks after applying. I'm still in 9ja (nigeria for the oyinbos) though because I only wanted to use UK as a transit point before moving to Canada. But with the new rules making the immigration process faster from Africa, I decided to simply go for it straight away.

The point i want to make is that every country has its peculiar challenges. I dont think either of these two countries beats my beloved Nigeria when it comes to money making opportunities (our system doesnt require you to meet stringent conditions before u qualify to do business) but then there are people who are doing extremely well in both the UK and Canada. Personally, I'm a nature person and i didn't really like the whole "British" experience when i had it last year. I like the fact that Canada's a growing economy and I'm sure it'll be easier for me to gain a foothold there as an entrepreneur when/if I move there eventually. Plus, in 3 years, I could get the passport and all the mobility that comes with it. I think UK's university system is profound but I've heard Canada's system is great also and i'm sure it can only get better. But by and large, wherever we find ourselves, our goal should be to flourish and thrive.....to make the societies we emigrate to better than we meet them and to ensure that we're better off from where we left.

commonwealth

Nov 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Man, you guys seem to have lot of fun today :) I got stuck in stupid meetings all day but boy you all surely hit couple of home runs :)
Only think i would say here---- Everyone has a right to exercise their opinion but don't hit below the belt with comments referencing to certain counties and cultures, learn to respect each other because we all are humans and share a lot more in common, strive for freedom, prosperity and security for our families. Good night~

COCOSTING

Star Member
Aug 3, 2009
London
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanSun said:
Yeah - lets move on this issue - its never ending - I will always dispute people who talk Trash about Canada and the USA - having lived in both these countries and currently living in Canada still. Both Canada and the USA mean a lot to me along with my home Argentina - so I wont take it lightly when people like BobbyB talk Crap about Canada and at the same time is DESPERATE to come to Canada.

So lets move on - if you drag on - so will I.
CanSun, Are you being serious, you cant tolerate people talking ill about the countries that you are fond of but it is absolutely fine when you trash other countries. I am not sure what Rup, boby or anybody else said about Canada and frankly I don't care. If you are a real gentleman you will respond to their comments in a manner that does not offend others here who are from the UK. I never spoke ill about anyone or any country and I was OFFENDED by what you said about the UK.

Or, are you just an attention seeker.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada isn't perfect. No country is perfect. Nobody should immigrate to a country believing that the streets are paved with gold and money grows on trees.

Canada has a lot of opportunities though. Maybe the opportunities will not be where you'd like them to be but they are there all the same. If you can't find a job as an engineer or whatever, you can apprentice as a plumber or welder and make the same or even more money. If that is not an option for you, then you should look carefully into if you will be able to find a job in your profession and what you will do if you don't.

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well said Leon.

It's all about taking informed chances that come our way. Never mind how you started or what you went through, the main issue is have you shown enough resilience to over the challenges. And let's not kid ourselves there shall be many...

To survive we must show uncommon adaptability i.e. taking jobs or retraining into other fields away from our core areas. Quoting Leon "If you can't find a job as an engineer or whatever, you can apprentice as a plumber or welder and make the same or even more money".

Believe and it shall be onto you as...

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rupeshhari said:
UBUNTU (not the operating system)
Hi,

This thread is going the wrong way from where for what it has started. It has become a war ground for supporters of UK V/s supporters of Canada. But my question is - this forum is for Canada Immigration and not UK. Every member should put related questions and queries and keep away their personal matters, egos and reservations aside. Be men. The OP might have hurt.

God Bless U.

farima

Star Member
Jan 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April, 2006
Doc's Request.
Nov, 2010
Med's Request
19th July, 2011
Med's Done....
18th Aug, 2011
Passport Req..
27th Sep, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
24th Oct, 2011
LANDED..........
28 April 2012
Dear CHARNINDER
I want to SALUTE YOU. At last you understand the situation and support me. I request all to stop this personal attacking discussion.
This forum is for those who applied for Canada or planning to Apply. But if someone who has zero interest For Canada though have applied for CA. more over if he or she has planned to withdraw the application, Are they eligible for further membership and continuing discussion or throwing mud to each other.
What do you think?

CanadaVisa4me

Star Member
Aug 5, 2009
farima said:
Dear CHARNINDER
I want to SALUTE YOU. At last you understand the situation and support me. I request all to stop this personal attacking discussion.
This forum is for those who applied for Canada or planning to Apply. But if someone who has zero interest For Canada though have applied for CA. more over if he or she has planned to withdraw the application, Are they eligible for further membership and continuing discussion or throwing mud to each other.
What do you think?
Yes, everyone is eligible for further membership. That is part of the freedom of expression that is cherished in Canada. If someone wants to withdraw their Canadian application and still want to help people get their PR, then that person should be applauded.

If someone has applied, then I am not sure why you say that person has zero interest in Canada. It just means they have minimal interest. Many people apply for Canada as a backup. Whether this is right or wrong is debatable but it is not illegal. Remember, some people are quite comfortable in other countries that does not have war or prone to natural disaster so going to Canada might be just for a change.

I went through this thread again. I know Rupeesh said he may withraw his application and Bobbyb said something about six months. Both of these guys have contributed a lot to this forum. In fact, if they stop helping, it will be a loss to new applicants like you. Your choice to ask them to leave or stay but let me assure you that the majority in this forum would want them to stay. Both have helped me.

sweetberry

Star Member
Nov 7, 2009
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadaVisa4me said:
Yes, everyone is eligible for further membership. That is part of the freedom of expression that is cherished in Canada. If someone wants to withdraw their Canadian application and still want to help people get their PR, then that person should be applauded.

If someone has applied, then I am not sure why you say that person has zero interest in Canada. It just means they have minimal interest. Many people apply for Canada as a backup. Whether this is right or wrong is debatable but it is not illegal. Remember, some people are quite comfortable in other countries that does not have war or prone to natural disaster so going to Canada might be just for a change.

I went through this thread again. I know Rupeesh said he may withraw his application and Bobbyb said something about six months. Both of these guys have contributed a lot to this forum. In fact, if they stop helping, it will be a loss to new applicants like you. Your choice to ask them to leave or stay but let me assure you that the majority in this forum would want them to stay. Both have helped me.
Absolutely.. Live N let live...
Its like "Get Rich or Die Trying" !!! 8)

farima

Star Member
Jan 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April, 2006
Doc's Request.
Nov, 2010
Med's Request
19th July, 2011
Med's Done....
18th Aug, 2011
Passport Req..
27th Sep, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
24th Oct, 2011
LANDED..........
28 April 2012
Did u go through from first to last? Can u tell me how many posts are really alien to the topic? How many r for personal attacking?
My intention to start this topic to discuss about different aspects about Canada.
Eg. EDUCATION: which universities are excellent for which subject area, or tuition fee? Etc
I was hoping that through this topic other will share different knowledge or experience or tips. Rather than criticize others including other countries.
If someone willingly come here to help us we always welcome them and will be grateful for their contribution like Rupesh (thanks you!). But we should discourage them we have intention to pinch others.
I might be wrong, what do u think.

CanSun

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
COCOSTING said:
CanSun, Are you being serious, you cant tolerate people talking ill about the countries that you are fond of but it is absolutely fine when you trash other countries. I am not sure what Rup, boby or anybody else said about Canada and frankly I don't care. If you are a real gentleman you will respond to their comments in a manner that does not offend others here who are from the UK. I never spoke ill about anyone or any country and I was OFFENDED by what you said about the UK.

Or, are you just an attention seeker.

COCOSTING - Funny you would ask that - Its called NATIONAL PRIDE, INTEGRITY & STANDING UP FOR WHAT ONE BELIEVES IN

May I also remind you that BobbyB started this whole debate(and Yes I could not ignore it since someone was trashing my country - maybe you can but I cant) and also you bought up the topic of Falklands into this debate - so I had to respond.

Attention Seeker - from YOU - now that Buddy is in itself a VERY SCARY THOUGHT !!!

CanadaVisa4me

Star Member
Aug 5, 2009
farima said:
Did u go through from first to last? Can u tell me how many posts are really alien to the topic? How many r for personal attacking?
My intention to start this topic to discuss about different aspects about Canada.
Eg. EDUCATION: which universities are excellent for which subject area, or tuition fee? Etc
I was hoping that through this topic other will share different knowledge or experience or tips. Rather than criticize others including other countries.
If someone willingly come here to help us we always welcome them and will be grateful for their contribution like Rupesh (thanks you!). But we should discourage them we have intention to pinch others.
I might be wrong, what do u think.
Look again at the first few posts doing exactly what you asked. Talking about benefits and whether it is a nightmare. Since you asked whether it could be a nightmare, it is okay for people to say the bad about Canada. But I do not think anyone said anything bad about Canada anyway. Then comes a post that says "UK is toilet", thats when all hell broke loose. I am sure you would defend too if Bangladesh is insulted. Just because you want to move to Canada does not make Bangladesh bad.

It is OK for people to defend their country when insulted (like saying it is a toilet). Just as some of those threads did not add value, neither did some of yours, like when you said,

"well said rupeshhari.
why u didnt add ur country flag. i think u r too desparate about CA."

This is obviously alien to the topic as well and this looks like a personal attack. I cannot see how Rupeesh attacked you. So not every thread adds value. That is the point that I am trying to make.

You cannot have your cake and eat it too.

Infact, most of Rupeesh, commonwealth and Sweetberry's posting were not personal attacks. They were to stop people from attacking, like when Sweetberry said it is wrong to look down on refugees. Also for Bobbyb, do you expect him to keep quiet when someone insults his homeland. So go through the thread and see who said bad first.

Just to make it clear, we are both probably not adding value by discussing this as well.