Hi,
I received mine today too! Same day Nov 29th at 11:30
i wish were on the same time :D but im glad that were almost there... :D

lilizinha

Star Member
May 15, 2012
yangski said:
i wish were on the same time :D but im glad that were almost there... :D
I just read a posand I heard some gov buildings close for lunch. Is that true, do u know? Is this group thing a new thing?t above yours and apparently they do the thing in a group. But weird cuz mine is at 1130

lilizinha

Star Member
May 15, 2012
lilizinha said:
I just read a posand I heard some gov buildings close for lunch. Is that true, do u know? Is this group thing a new thing?t above yours and apparently they do the thing in a group. But weird cuz mine is at 1130
Sorry I'm in my phone and the msg wasn't complete .
I read the post above yours and took them about 2 h for the whole thing, is this group info section a new thing? Is always like that? Is that true some gov offices close for lunch.? If so should I be prepare to be there for the whole* afternoon ?

PanEva

Jun 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
November 2, 2011
Interview........
September 26, 2012
lilizinha said:
Sorry I'm in my phone and the msg wasn't complete .
I read the post above yours and took them about 2 h for the whole thing, is this group info section a new thing? Is always like that? Is that true some gov offices close for lunch.? If so should I be prepare to be there for the whole* afternoon ?
Not sure which office you will land, according to the agent in Vancouver office. He said they are using new system.

Presentation took around 45 min. At the end of presentation, the presenter use a ruler to mesure each applicant's PR photos. The presenter said there was once someone brought 8 photos, only 1 was good (mesure your PR photos once you receive them). We were the last couples, so that's why it took so long. Plue, only 3 agents interviewed us and 1 of them was look like new staff to me. Seems to me this is their first/second time using the new computer system.

Compare to months of waiting approval/DM letters, 2 hr is nothing.

lilizinha

Star Member
May 15, 2012
PanEva said:
Not sure which office you will land, according to the agent in Vancouver office. He said they are using new system.

Presentation took around 45 min. At the end of presentation, the presenter use a ruler to mesure each applicant's PR photos. The presenter said there was once someone brought 8 photos, only 1 was good (mesure your PR photos once you receive them). We were the last couples, so that's why it took so long. Plue, only 3 agents interviewed us and 1 of them was look like new staff to me. Seems to me this is their first/second time using the new computer system.

Compare to months of waiting approval/DM letters, 2 hr is nothing.
Thanks. I'm so anxious

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
Hey peeps,

I got a question. Now my medical expired on September 29th. Does anyone know for how long CIC extends it?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Aiman said:
Hey peeps,

I got a question. Now my medical expired on September 29th. Does anyone know for how long CIC extends it?
If they extend it (it's their discretion) the Operational Bulletin says it is extended for one year.

DecisionMade

Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jenny321321 said:
Hi Ann,

I called cic today, but they wont tell me when is my interview. Can you tell me what is the number that you called, and did they tell you your interview date on the phone.

Thanks

Janny
Hey Janny,

You should ask them if your file's been transferred to Montreal first...

I got DM for 6 weeks now. Last week, call agent asked mtl why my file's not been processed (Coz it's longer than it supposed to be already). and just today, I got to know that Vegreville haven't transferred my file to MTL yet.

you know.. a piece of paper easily get lost in a pile...

In Limbo

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2011
Landing interview for hubby tomorrow..FINALLY. Entire process took 18 long months but the end is near!

LauraCanada

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 6th 2011
Doc's Request.
July 18th 2012
Med's Done....
July 31st 2012
In Limbo said:
Landing interview for hubby tomorrow..FINALLY. Entire process took 18 long months but the end is near!
Congratulations!! Can I ask you why your process took 18 months, as you dont have your timeline in your signature?
Did CIC request you further docs?

Thank and Congrats again!!!

Ann81

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
jenny321321 said:
Hi Ann,

I called cic today, but they wont tell me when is my interview. Can you tell me what is the number that you called, and did they tell you your interview date on the phone.

Thanks

Janny

hey

Its the normal number of cic call center u call.. if ur calling from within canada its 1888-242-2100, just say that u have received ur stage 2 via mail.. & u wanna verify when is ur landing interview...

try ur luck if they tell u if not dont worry! relax babe!! u will hear about ur landing interview soon via mail just keep a check on ur mail.. daily

goodluck

Ann

Peaches14

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville transferred to Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2012
Doc's Request.
None requested but sent them anyway
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
File Transfer...
October 1, 2012
Med's Done....
21-02-2012
Hi Laura, Can I ask you what was happening with your application between Sept. 6, 2011 and July 18, 2012. Did your file get transferred?

LauraCanada

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 6th 2011
Doc's Request.
July 18th 2012
Med's Done....
July 31st 2012
Peaches14 said:
Hi Laura, Can I ask you what was happening with your application between Sept. 6, 2011 and July 18, 2012. Did your file get transferred?
Hi Peaches,

In July 2011 I got a letter from CIC requesting further evidence of my common-in-law relationship. I sent everything in August 2011 and now I am waiting to hear from CIC.
My application didn't get transferred to my local office.

sunshine2012

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LauraCanada said:
Hi Peaches,

In July 2011 I got a letter from CIC requesting further evidence of my common-in-law relationship. I sent everything in August 2011 and now I am waiting to hear from CIC.
My application didn't get transferred to my local office.
Hi Laura,

I thought u sent it in Aug. 2012, right?