Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 jan 2012
AOR Received.
5 may 2012
Med's Request
20 sept 2012
I finally received medical form for my daughter....can anoyone suggest which doctor is better in mississauga out of 3 given in the panel......they all hav so varying fees and sending time which is surprising for me. one is taking $50 ,another $105 ...they say report goes to ottawa and it takes 2 weeks for it to reach there...while the 3rd doc taking $120 claims to send report in 1-2 days.
any suggestions or info someone might give?

In Limbo

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2011
LauraCanada said:
Congratulations!! Can I ask you why your process took 18 months, as you dont have your timeline in your signature?
Did CIC request you further docs?

Thank and Congrats again!!!
Thanks! He has a son living out of country that he had included in the paperwork..but unfortunately the mother of the child was not cooperative in sending the required documents etc. So once you declare a child on the paperwork..lots more background checks and whatnot needed to be done. We applied in March 2010 and had interview to prove our relationship in March 2011...got AIP right away and have been waiting since. Everything went smooth today and now he is landed! Very emotional day...:)

Militarywife

Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 14th 2011
AOR Received.
Jan 30th 2012
Med's Done....
October 2011
LANDED..........
October 4th 2012
In Limbo said:
Thanks! He has a son living out of country that he had included in the paperwork..but unfortunately the mother of the child was not cooperative in sending the required documents etc. So once you declare a child on the paperwork..lots more background checks and whatnot needed to be done. We applied in March 2010 and had interview to prove our relationship in March 2011...got AIP right away and have been waiting since. Everything went smooth today and now he is landed! Very emotional day...:)
Hi congrats, can you give details about the landing interview process.

Thanks

In Limbo

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2011
Militarywife said:
Hi congrats, can you give details about the landing interview process.

Thanks
Sure. We arrived just before 11am and was asked to pay the landing fee of $490 first and foremost. Then we entered in a small room with the immigration officer. We were both asked to show ID and verify our info as well as answer a few questions which had already been asked during the entire immigration process (Have you ever been convicted of a crime in Canada or any other countries? etc). Hubby signed these declaration and immigration shook his hand and my hand and said welcome to Canada! Very quick and to the point! He landed in Kitchener by the way.

Militarywife

Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 14th 2011
AOR Received.
Jan 30th 2012
Med's Done....
October 2011
LANDED..........
October 4th 2012
In Limbo said:
Sure. We arrived just before 11am and was asked to pay the landing fee of $490 first and foremost. Then we entered in a small room with the immigration officer. We were both asked to show ID and verify our info as well as answer a few questions which had already been asked during the entire immigration process (Have you ever been convicted of a crime in Canada or any other countries? etc). Hubby signed these declaration and immigration shook his hand and my hand and said welcome to Canada! Very quick and to the point! He landed in Kitchener by the way.
Ok, thanks. I have my interview on Thursday coming 8am at etobicoke.

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
In Limbo said:

Hi, In Limbo
i'm from Kitchener too. do you mind telling me how long after the second stage "decision made" the office in Kitchener Contacted you? and did they contact by mail or phone call?
because I assume that the office in Kitchener is not very very busy.

thank you

In Limbo

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2011
kitchener_inland said:
Hi, In Limbo
i'm from Kitchener too. do you mind telling me how long after the second stage "decision made" the office in Kitchener Contacted you? and did they contact by mail or phone call?
because I assume that the office in Kitchener is not very very busy.

thank you
In our case it was a bit confusing. We got AIP in March on the same day we had the interview for proving our relationship.Then few days later...online stuff changed to DM for myself. a week later, hubby's status changed to DM as well. Because they had made an error with our address, we ended up receiving a letter in the mail in May confirming AIP, which was confusing because I assumed DM for us both online meant second stage approval. We had a bit more background check to get through though which was probably the issue here. So I rally dont even know when exactly we got second stage approval. Anyway, we finally got a letter on September 11th, with landing info and date. But based on what I see, typically once second stage has been approved..it is a matter of weeks. This morning, we saw only 2 other couples doing their landing as well.

In Limbo

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2011
Militarywife said:
Ok, thanks. I have my interview on Thursday coming 8am at etobicoke.
Good luck....your almost at the end!

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
O MY GOD!!! everybody I'm about to get a hard attack!!!! My ecas just changed!! here what it says! this is under the applicant's Permanent resident the weired thing is it says "in process" but when I click on it it says "a decision has been made" so can you guys please let me know whats going on?? omg i'm so nervous!

"We received your application for permanent residence on August 29, 2011.

We started processing your application on July 16, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision."

Militarywife

Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 14th 2011
AOR Received.
Jan 30th 2012
Med's Done....
October 2011
LANDED..........
October 4th 2012
kitchener_inland said:
O MY GOD!!! everybody I'm about to get a hard attack!!!! My ecas just changed!! here what it says! this is under the applicant's Permanent resident the weired thing is it says "in process" but when I click on it it says "a decision has been made" so can you guys please let me know whats going on?? omg i'm so nervous!

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision."

Lol that's your DM on second stage, if approved Your local office will be contacting you soon concerning your landing interview. Congrats!

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
Lol that's your DM on second stage, if approved Your local office will be contacting you soon concerning your landing interview. Congrats!
[/quote]

thank you,
I really hope so! it does sound like it. I missed a blocked # last week which I thought it was from CIC it really made me unhappy I missed it thats why it was giving me doubts if its true.
it really is a good news if true cause I haven't seen my Parents in years and I feel like crying to be honest.

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
I'm confused because I thought the ecas is at least a week behind. my ecas says "Decision Made" but I haven't received any mails. what really sucks is that I live in an apartemant and they misplaced my mails couple of times before.

isn't the post mail suppose to be faster than the ecas? since the ecas is usually behind?

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
kitchener_inland said:
I'm confused because I thought the ecas is at least a week behind. my ecas says "Decision Made" but I haven't received any mails. what really sucks is that I live in an apartemant and they misplaced my mails couple of times before.

isn't the post mail suppose to be faster than the ecas? since the ecas is usually behind?
Hi
Just wondering if you received the AIP along Docs request on the same day?? Could you please let me know as how long did it take you to have your DM for stage 2 after submitting your medical again?

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
kitchener_inland said:

Happy for you! Congratulation!