Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
kitchener_inland said:
thank you for your input.
it makes sense, i'm also leaning towards what you said. the only reason I was worried was that some people take a long time to get a landing interview, but I guess that depends on location and how busy the local office is. I had the impression that I have to apply for extension 8 weeks prior to expiry date but if its a month then I still have time before applying and as you said I might hear something from local office regarding the landing date until then.

thanks again.
Hi,
why don't you take an opinion from CIC call centre agent?? I think they will definitely suggest something better.

Peaches14

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville transferred to Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2012
Doc's Request.
None requested but sent them anyway
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
File Transfer...
October 1, 2012
Med's Done....
21-02-2012
I have a different opinion on this. If it were me I would reapply just because anything can happen to interrupt things and it would be a bigger problem if the permit ran out and no PR. When you consider the cost to renew vs what would happen if the permit ran out...well you do the math. I wish you all the best with that decision.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
kitchener_inland said:
I wanna know your opinions on something. I have DM on 2nd stage (PR app) on my E-case on sep, 28, However I haven't received any letter or email for confirmation of 2nd stage yet.

My current work permit will expire on Nov,25th,2012 do you guys think is wise not to renew it since I might get my landing interview before that date? or am I taking a risk?
I'm not even sure if there is a possible option of getting my money back in the event of me applying for a renewal but if I happen to get my landing interview before the expiry date of my current work permit.
I'm in a similar situation - my work permit expired 3 September. The renewal was submitted 10 August and processing time has climbed continuously since I submitted it. My PR app is outland and last week I received my PPR. From the looks of things I won't get the work permit renewal before I land (once I have my COPR I will just take a drive down to the border). Thus, my plan is to withdraw the work permit application once I have landed.

I'd suggest you plan on the same thing. The CIC website says to apply 30 days in advance, but the LAW says you have to apply prior to expiration. So, as long as Vegreville receives your application before expiration, you're still covered by implied status. In that case, send your application in LATE (via courier the day before it expires) and do so using the SLOWEST method - paper is currently 88 days. If you land before that point, you're fine. If you land AFTER you submit the application but before they process it - which would be approximately February according to the times you described - you can withdraw the application. You'll be covered by implied status and you get the application fee refunded (as long as your landing date isn't more than four or five months from now, which seems likely.)

Good luck!

anticipation

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14,2011
AOR Received.
March 1, 2012
File Transfer...
DM Received February 21
Med's Request
11-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012 received in Ottawa
LANDED..........
ON 24-04-2013. Yeah!
nonoo said:
Thank you very much kitchner-inland, I misinterpreted the Doc's request with the Doctor; I was under the impression that you too had been asked to redo your medical. As mine I did was way too early around four months prior to file my application and now that I have received my AIP I also received a redo medical request in separate. I am scheduled to have my test on Mon but I guess it's just par for the course to have heebie jeebies when everyone else has through with the entire process.
Wish you all the best you may have your landing interview soon.
Hello Nonoo. I just got AIP and OWP and like you just did my medicals over on Friday. I too did the medicals too early, months before the application was submitted. We can wait together. I'll keep you updated.
Anticipation

Mingming

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
I got a decision made letter by email and CIC website case has been updated to Decision Made.

But I have gave a call to CIC call center, they said I just approved for the stage 1. Help! I dont know whats the problem?

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
Mingming said:
I got a decision made letter by email and CIC website case has been updated to Decision Made.

But I have gave a call to CIC call center, they said I just approved for the stage 1. Help! I dont know whats the problem?
If decision made appears for Permanent residence in ECAS and you got a email confirming decision made for Permanence Residence, then the problem was on the other side of the phone...

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
Mingming said:

If you are the applicant and it says in your e-cas is decision made an you got the mail or email and it sayd it has been completed, then you are just waiting or your landing interview. Dont listen to what the call center says to you because most of them they dont know what they are doing! Trust you intinct and have faith that everything is ok and will be finish soon! Good luck and stay calm and relax! God Speed!

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi. Just an update. Here's my complete timeline:

App sent : Jan. 25, 2012
Started processing on : May 22, 2012
AIP : Sept 19, 2012
Stage 2 DM : Sept 20, 2012
Landing on : Oct 15, 2012

Mine is simple case. Spouse category, no dependents, no kids. We didn't hire any lawyer. But we sent tons of paper evidence of relationships which we have kept for 5 years during our bf-gf stage. Finally, I'm close to finish line. Just have to wait for landing date and the PR card after. The key is patience and lots of prayers. Good luck to all of us.

Johanna

Peaches14

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville transferred to Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2012
Doc's Request.
None requested but sent them anyway
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
File Transfer...
October 1, 2012
Med's Done....
21-02-2012
Congratulations! This must feel like a great accomplishment. I am very happy for you.

Ann81

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
Hey Guys,

Just to say Goodbye & thank you so much for all the help I received on this forum!! Just had my landing interview done today !!!

Hope you all get the good news soon!!!!! :D

Godspeed

Cheers
Ann

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
computergeek said:
I'm in a similar situation - my work permit expired 3 September. The renewal was submitted 10 August and processing time has climbed continuously since I submitted it. My PR app is outland and last week I received my PPR. From the looks of things I won't get the work permit renewal before I land (once I have my COPR I will just take a drive down to the border). Thus, my plan is to withdraw the work permit application once I have landed.

I'd suggest you plan on the same thing. The CIC website says to apply 30 days in advance, but the LAW says you have to apply prior to expiration. So, as long as Vegreville receives your application before expiration, you're still covered by implied status. In that case, send your application in LATE (via courier the day before it expires) and do so using the SLOWEST method - paper is currently 88 days. If you land before that point, you're fine. If you land AFTER you submit the application but before they process it - which would be approximately February according to the times you described - you can withdraw the application. You'll be covered by implied status and you get the application fee refunded (as long as your landing date isn't more than four or five months from now, which seems likely.)

Good luck!
thanks Computergeek for such valuable information. I didn't even know we can withdraw the work permit application as long as its not received before landing interview. I also called CIC and the agent mentioned similar information and said wait until at least beginning of November and to apply, she also said even if you applied now and get landing interview before processing your work permit you still can get refunded.
I also asked her regarding my status since my status changed to "DM" and I haven't received any letter yet, but she said "everything is in order but nothing final is showing" I don't get it how can E.case change to DM but the agent says nothing is showing? i'm not sure if they care enough to look in to it or they just don't wanna say anything until I get a letter. she said who knows how long it will take it could take months, so basically she told me "DM" on e-case doesn't mean anything! :eek: ???

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
thank you everyone for your opinions. I appreciated every input.

I really hope we all from 2011 and earlier get our stuff done this year!

cross our fingers!

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
can someone who has got the 2nd stage tell me please how long did it take to get a mail from CIC after the e-cas changed from "in process" to "DM"?

my e-cas changed to "DM" on Friday, Sep, 28

thank you

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
anticipation said:
Hello Nonoo. I just got AIP and OWP and like you just did my medicals over on Friday. I too did the medicals too early, months before the application was submitted. We can wait together. I'll keep you updated.
Anticipation
Certainly anticipation, we will keep each other posted it’s a relief to find someone in the same boat as I am. I was schedule for my medical today but due to some reason I have to postpone it till tomorrow. Did you check with the lab/hospital of when they going to deliver the report to the immigration? I have learned that some hospitals deliver really quick while others take 3-5 days :(

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
kitchener_inland said:
thanks Computergeek for such valuable information. I didn't even know we can withdraw the work permit application as long as its not received before landing interview. I also called CIC and the agent mentioned similar information and said wait until at least beginning of November and to apply, she also said even if you applied now and get landing interview before processing your work permit you still can get refunded.
I suspect but do not know that if you have landed by the time they get to your work permit application, they will just terminate it anyway. To be eligible for a work permit you must be a foreign national, and as a permanent resident you aren't even eligible to apply for one. But yes, you can send a letter to Vegreville asking to have your application withdrawn. In my case, we used an attorney for the work permit (because I had a judicial review application ongoing) and he will withdraw the work permit application once I've landed.