Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
kitchener_inland said:
Hi, nida786

I came here as a refugee first too but the circumstances changed and when my wife and I got married we applied for inland sponsorship. I still have my work permit from my refugee claim and kept it open by extending it. my Refugee claim got refused and I have to do reports every month to CBCA but we already received AIP! (Approval In Principle) which basically is the first stage. I still have to do reports to cbsa until my second stage is approved.
so as you computergeek mentioned you should apply for open work permit since you have AIP that way even if something negative happens to your refugee claim you could still be legal with your OWP here.
now i'm not sure what is your situation with refugee and I don't know if you can have simultaneously 2 applications going, but if you call CIC they might have an answer for that. the first thing I would do though is to apply for OWP.

Again the best would be to Call CIC or an attorney that is familiar with your situation.
Hi Kitchener inland,
I have similar case as u. I was a refugee and my wife sponsored me, I had to report to CBSA until I got my AIP then I took that letter to CBSA they gave my passport back and they cancelled the every month phone reporting... I don't know how u still report !

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
nida786 said:
hi there,

i am new to this forum and was found this site really helpful.. please let me know some of the questions I have regarding my case...

I have filed an inland application in december 2011 and I recieved AIP last week ... they are asking for medical which I am going to do it pretty soon but I am also a refugee claimant and my hearing is on October 10th 2012 which is next week.. could some one let me know if it is safe at this point to withdraw from refugee board and let them know my current situation or proceed with hearing? I am so confused and double minded right now... any help is appreciated.
Hey
Go to your hearing even if u they accept you... Or even if they reject your sponsorship is ur second option stick to it.

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
missha said:
OMG!

Just got the "decision made" from my second stage approval. Omg! I am so happy! Hope to get the letter soon.

Wondering the landing letter comes separately?

I called CIC and they told me that my landing office is Etobicoke. They will schedule an interview soon, probably around end of Oct.

Wondering anyone knows how long will it take for the etobicoke?
How long did it take from the time u got AIP until u got ur DM on second stage?

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
In Limbo said:
Congrats!! I never got a second stage letter..just AIP then 6 months later...the landing letter with date enclosed. So not sure how it will go in your case.
What was ur landing office?

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
Aiman said:
How long did it take from the time u got AIP until u got ur DM on second stage?
It took me almost 6 months. But my only issue was the police certificate to be sent from Singapore local authorities and my case was fairly simple otherwise.

I am very happy phew!!

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
hatrang said:
Hahah, nice to see you again here, I thought you finished long ago missha. Anyway, good news for you is Etobicoke is much faster than Scarborough. You can look at Johnanna's time, she got the landing interview appointment already (just around 1 or 2 weeks after 2nd stage approval). Congrats to you.

Can anyone tell me if I go and get my OHIP now (after AIP and 2nd stage approval but not landing yet), how long the expiry on OHIP card? Do I have to renew it right after getting my PR? Since I should start working soon, I need my health to cover even though I know it's just about 3 more months (1 for landing interview, 2 for waiting PR card) I will finish my application. If I apply for OHIP now, I should get the OHIP card by the time my PR card comes ;D, but still under the cover earlier tho. Working in the winter isn't a good start but nothing to complain to me. Just think about covering my health first.

For SIN, I think I have to apply for now to land on the job, after getting PR, I will change it one more time. Please share me the experience guys!
Yes long time. Why dont try applying your OHIP card using your decision letter from CIC. Well, I do know for sure that u can apply ohip using ur landing letter which u can get after landing.

Well, winter a good time finding a job ( depends which type of job ure looking for)

Which one is ur office for landing?

raabhim

Aug 16, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2011
Interview........
none AIP 23-07-2012
LANDED..........
01-10-2012
my Hubby landed in Vancouver yesterday. presentation is around half an hr, then wait to call to verify. Whole process very fast:)
I think I was the only one there as a female sponsor ;)

It is all done :p :)
CIC told us work/study permit is voided but could be credits to apply citizenship later!
Also they said after PR card arrive, we could apply a SIN.

But we went to Service Canada with landing paper and passport, there is no problem to get a SIN!!
We called CIC last week to cancel OWP, they will refund the application fee later.
Now he could work and get the first job as IT assistant. We are so happy.

Thanks so much this forum, I am very touched by everyone's encourage and sharing.
Happy to see that CIC is processing way faster than before!
Good luck everyone :)

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
missha said:
It took me almost 6 months. But my only issue was the police certificate to be sent from Singapore local authorities and my case was fairly simple otherwise.

I am very happy phew!!
Oh gosh... Mine is 3months already and I'm complaining... My case is simple but I had to renew my passport after I got AIP. But I didn't think that it will take that long

anticipation

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14,2011
AOR Received.
March 1, 2012
File Transfer...
DM Received February 21
Med's Request
11-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012 received in Ottawa
LANDED..........
ON 24-04-2013. Yeah!

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
anticipation said:
Yeah Labhouise!
Thanks Anticipation.........I finally got there...... :) :)

anticipation

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14,2011
AOR Received.
March 1, 2012
File Transfer...
DM Received February 21
Med's Request
11-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012 received in Ottawa
LANDED..........
ON 24-04-2013. Yeah!
nonoo said:
Certainly anticipation, we will keep each other posted it's a relief to find someone in the same boat as I am. I was schedule for my medical today but due to some reason I have to postpone it till tomorrow. Did you check with the lab/hospital of when they going to deliver the report to the immigration? I have learned that some hospitals deliver really quick while others take 3-5 days :(
My immigration doctor said it would be sent about two weeks until everything was sent in.
But I don't need to travel outside of the country right now.
And I now have a job and will get health coverage and all those other good things.
So, I 'm just relieved I'm ahead where I thought I would be.
Someone else suggested sending a copy of the medical exam tracking number to CIC when I get it from the doctor. I think I will do that, so they know that the medical has been completed.
Will keep you updated.

PS my immigration doctor said most new immigrant females gain about 10 pounds and most immigrant men lose 10 pounds. It is how we deal with stress. I blame it on the comfort chocolate.

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
sunshine2012 said:
Hi Lab,

Any news? I have no news last week till now.
Hey Sunshine
I sent you a PM.
I got AIP!
I called this morning and she told me they sent the letter yesterday along with my OWP :) :)

sunshine2012

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
labhouise said:
Finally AIP......whoooooooooo
Called this morning and decision was made yesterday.
Letter and OWP in the mail

HAPPY HAPPY DANCE :p :p :p :p :p :p :p
I just got this ur news, Really OMG...
Hope i can share this good news soon. :)
Cheers...