Inland Application 2011

sunshine2012

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
labhouise said:
Great News Sunshine :) :)
Hopefully all 3 of us are nearing AIP :)
Thx Lab, Now we almost have some time line now, ur additional files was updated last Wed. My this Mon.
So let's go go fast... Haha! And Laura's news coming soon.

Btw, Lab, my application was received last July too. Maybe we have the same one officer :)

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there.

My ECAS says DM (on the sponsorship part) and another DM and you will be contacted by office (on the PR part) on Sept 23.
I received 2 letters yesterday by mail. One is AIP letter and the other is Sponsorship approval letter.

Does anyone have answers to my questions?
1. Since my ECAS shows DM in the sponsorship and in the PR parts, does it mean Im approved for stage 1 and 2?
2. Will I be receiving a Stage 2 letter by mail? So far, nothing has arrived.
3. I live in Toronto, so possible landing office is Scarborough. How long does it take for Scarborough to send a landing appointment mail?

I'm asking Question #1 above because yesterday, i talked to call center agent. Here's our conversation:

Me : I already received AIP letter. When will i receive Stage 2 letter by mail?
Agent : It takes months or even years to complete Stage 2. You're not done yet with Stage 2.
Me : But my ECAS says PR is DM, medicals received, and the office will contact you.
Agent : A DM in PR section of ECAS only means you're done with Stage 1
Me : Well, the sponsorship section of ECAS is the Stage 1. But my PR section of ECAS is DM already, so that's stage 2, right?
Agent : No, they have to verify medical, background, etc.
Me : Well, why did CIC put DM in the PR section of my ECAS if they are still not finished processing it?
Agent : As Ive said, there is no such thing as a simultaneous DM for Stage 1 and Stage 2. Stage 2 takes months or even years.

That's confusing.

johanna

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
johanna125 said:
Hi there.

My ECAS says DM (on the sponsorship part) and another DM and you will be contacted by office (on the PR part) on Sept 23.
I received 2 letters yesterday by mail. One is AIP letter and the other is Sponsorship approval letter.

1. Since my ECAS shows DM in the sponsorship and in the PR parts, does it mean Im approved for stage 1 and 2?
3. I live in Toronto, so possible landing office is Scarborough. How long does it take for Scarborough to send a landing appointment mail?

I'm asking Question #1 above because yesterday, i talked to call center agent. Here's our conversation:

Agent : It takes months or even years to complete Stage 2. You're not done yet with Stage 2.
Me : But my ECAS says PR is DM, medicals received, and the office will contact you.
Me : Well, the sponsorship section of ECAS is the Stage 1. But my PR section of ECAS is DM already, so that's stage 2, right?
Me : Well, why did CIC put DM in the PR section of my ECAS if they are still not finished processing it?
Agent : As Ive said, there is no such thing as a simultaneous DM for Stage 1 and Stage 2. Stage 2 takes months or even years.

That's confusing.

johanna
Johanna, that's why I didn't call them yet (waiting to be in queue to talk to them and what they will tell me is waiting more ;D). I think you met the wrong agent anyway because all he/she said was following the formality of paper only, no show of deep understanding on your particular case at all.

If you had everything done for the 2nd stage with your original application, I think you pass stage 2 already, just be patient for now. Cause you're landing in Scar office, I will update you when any change happens at my side ;)

pennyverap

Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville - Inland Sponsorship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2011
Doc's Request.
18-04-2012
Med's Done....
06-2012
vinlander said:
AIP in 7 months for inland, that was fast...
For 2nd stage there is no standard time because some get it along with their 1 stage while some need to wait 6 months sometime more...
We had some problems where they were going to deport my husband if we didn't get AIP by August 18 :( We met with an Immigration Advisor about the deportation and she contacted Vegreville to ask them to speed up the process.
A situation that made me almost lose my mind ended up helping us in the end... Let's hope Stage 2 approval comes soon so I can sleep at night :p

Thank you everyone for the responses, greatly appreciated :)

anticipation

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14,2011
AOR Received.
March 1, 2012
File Transfer...
DM Received February 21
Med's Request
11-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012 received in Ottawa
LANDED..........
ON 24-04-2013. Yeah!
johanna125 said:

That's confusing.

johanna
Johanna it sounds like you have both Stage 1 and 2. Other people here have gotten Stage 2 letters after seeing DM on their Applicant's ECAS, so it is more than likely that you will too.
Customer service reps are given scripts to answer questions and are told not to deviate from that. Some never do deviate from that script, no matter what the truth may be. You got a scripted answer from her, so I really would ignore what she said and keep checking the mail for that final letter. Then wait again for the landing interview. ::)

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
johanna125 said:
Hi there.

That's confusing.

johanna
Congratulations to your 1st and 2nd stage appoval. Dont listen to what the call agent told you. All you have to do is to relax and wait for your landing date letter. Most of the call centre agent doesnt know what theyre doing. Ive call tem almost every other day and guess what? Only one call centre agent meet the right answer to my questions out of 5 agents. Good luck!

LauraCanada

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 6th 2011
Doc's Request.
July 18th 2012
Med's Done....
July 31st 2012
sunshine2012 said:
Thx Lab, Now we almost have some time line now, ur additional files was updated last Wed. My this Mon.

Btw, Lab, my application was received last July too. Maybe we have the same one officer :)
WOW!!! thats amazing! My bet is in a month you will get stage 1 and 2 approved at the same time :)))

Ya I think I still have 3 months in front of me before I will hear something from CIC...but I will still call CIC every 3 weeks...just because I like to hear their voice and the same answer every time lol

Keep me updated, both of you! and Good Luck!!! :)

yangski

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
dec.09,2011 AIP/OPW:Sept.11,2012 DM:Sept.18,2012
hi guys,

I receive a letter today regarding my landing interview date at calgary it will be on Nov.29 @2:30 pm...It say's there if I haven't paid yet the RPRF then we could just pay it at the calgary office since I already paid it I should just show them them the receipt?Coz I included it on my pr application.thanks guy's hopefully everyone in this forum will get the AIP and DM.Godbless :D

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
sunshine2012 said:

Maybe we do have the same officer. :)
Hope he/she is full of energy and working really hard :) :)

jenny321321

Sep 26, 2012
Hello everyone,

I applied for inland in Montreal. I got my letters of DM2 last Thursday. Could any buddy tell me how long I have to wait for the landing letter and how long after the letter to have an appointment. Thank you everyone.

lilizinha

Star Member
May 15, 2012
Hi,
I received mine today too! Same day Nov 29th at 11:30

yangski said:
hi guys,

I receive a letter today regarding my landing interview date at calgary it will be on Nov.29 @ 2:30 pm...It say's there if I haven't paid yet the RPRF then we could just pay it at the calgary office since I already paid it I should just show them them the receipt?Coz I included it on my pr application.thanks guy's hopefully everyone in this forum will get the AIP and DM.Godbless :D

Ann81

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
jenny321321 said:
Hello everyone,

I applied for inland in Montreal. I got my letters of DM2 last Thursday. Could any buddy tell me how long I have to wait for the landing letter and how long after the letter to have an appointment. Thank you everyone.
hey Jenny,
u can call cic & they should tell u when is ur landing interview.. when i got mine i called them & then within couple of days received
the landing interview letter!, on the landing letter everything will be mentioned!!

enjoy now!!
Goodluck

Ann

jenny321321

Sep 26, 2012
Ann81 said:
hey Jenny,
u can call cic & they should tell u when is ur landing interview.. when i got mine i called them & then within couple of days received
the landing interview letter!, on the landing letter everything will be mentioned!!

enjoy now!!
Goodluck

Ann
Hi Ann,

I called cic today, but they wont tell me when is my interview. Can you tell me what is the number that you called, and did they tell you your interview date on the phone.

Thanks

Janny

PanEva

Jun 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
November 2, 2011
Interview........
September 26, 2012
Hi everyone,

Today, we got the CoPR at Vancouver office. Including us, there were 11 couples. At the beginning, all of us got together in the same room and listened to the presentation for 30 min. Basically, what you can do with PR and when to apply for citizenship. After that, all went back to the same room where we were waiting before. After that, they called names and each couples went to the counter (yes, it's counter, not room. Like those you get your driver license, but with bigger board between each counter). We can hear very well other people interview questions. The person who interview us is obvious new. He has to read and follow his instruction paper. Actually, it was the same person who gave presentation and interestingly, he was an immigrant too. He is a very nice person. The questions we got were "Ever committed any crime?" and "Ever order to leave Canada?".

We were the last couples to leave and it took us slightly over 2 hours since the presentation began.

Few things to remind:

- Make sure check all the information before signing the CoPR. Sometime, the agent may forget to remind you. When we arrive at the PR centre, we saw a lady complaining that there was a mistake on her PR card.

- You can drive your own vehicle to the States with CoPR. You absolutely need your PR card if you use and commercial vehicle and travel out of country.

- Just heard the last part of conservation beside us: the agent said" For sure, paying online is faster than the bank..." I guess they were talking about the fee.

At the end, we were told that we need to wait for the PR card, in order to apply for SIN card and BC ID card. After the interview, we went to Costco for two pizza. Best Pizza ever have!

Thank you for all the great info and helps. Hope everyone get their interview as soon as possible. Best