Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
Gemauru said:
Hi all!!!!
At least there's 4 of us now.
We just mailed our package (4 pounds worth of paper and pictures!).
This forum helped me a lot through the whole process, now I guess we just have to wait.
I'll tell you that my case could be called plain and simple. No children involved, 13 years working for the same company (I sent all the T4's, option "C", letter of employment...), no criminal record, we paid the full package, medical done, police from back home and Canada done... pictures, letters, emails, chats, facebook, rental, life insurance...

Oh well! I'll keep you posted, and this will be my home page from now on!
We did the same. Its gonna be a long wait. I currently waiting for my ecase file number.

ryan_stw

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks everyone for the reply. I have police certificate from my home country, do we need to get one from canada for now?

Gemauru, how did you get a police clearance in Canada?

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
ryan_stw said:
thanks everyone for the reply. I have police certificate from my home country, do we need to get one from canada for now?

Police certificate will depend on How long have you been in canada? What is your status here?

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
ryan_stw said:

I was told that if you were living in Canada more than 6 months you need it.
Fingerprints you have to contact local police (here in Mississauga I needed an appointment and next available date was on May),
the other option (the one I used) is a private company that do the fingerprints ($33).

That's what I did and attached with the file.

The problem with the police cert. from Uruguay is that is only good for 3 month. By the time they get to the file it will be expired... :eek:

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Gemauru,

Did your package get to Vegreville today?

I sent mine on Mar.22. It should be there by April 1. I will keep you guys posted.

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
ryan_stw said:

You do not need to submit a police certificate for Canada. They will request it if they need it.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Suenim,

If you are in Canada longer then 6 months and you are over 18yrs old then you need to get a police clearance if you are applying inland.

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
angtao said:
Gemauru,

Did your package get to Vegreville today?

I sent mine on Mar.22. It should be there by April 1. I will keep you guys posted.

I think is still sitting at the Fedex office...
I thought I will feel relieved once it was gone... but I can't wait to hear something!!!!

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
angtao said:
Suenim,

If you are in Canada longer then 6 months and you are over 18yrs old then you need to get a police clearance if you are applying inland.
I never submitted one. You do not need to. I never submitted one and I was not asked for one during processing either. They will request a police cert for Canada if they need it during processing.

ryan_stw

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missha said:
Police certificate will depend on How long have you been in canada? What is your status here?
I have been here since Dec 30, 2010 and currently on visitor visa. Judging from what you guys are saying, my home country police certificate should be good enough. You guys reply really fast!! I cant thank you all enough for this. How do you guys pass off time while waiting for AIP?

ryan_stw

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Another question, are we allowed to apply for Driver's License? (in BC to be specific). I understand that as a visitor, we can drive for up to 6 months, but what happens after that?

fleo

Star Member
Nov 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2011
Med's Done....
23-12-2010
I don't know about BC, but here in Quebec I can keep driving with my foreign driver's license as long as I also have a valid international license to go with it. If I could just switch my license for the Quebec one I would, but since they have no equivalence agreement with my country I'd have to take the test... and cough up more money... which I really don't feel like doing, so until I decide to buy a car here I'll just keep using my international license.

jadarius

Mar 10, 2011
Hi All, I am sponsporing my Common-law Partner from Dominica via Inland. We submitted our application on March 18th and it was received in Alberta on March 22. Let the waiting begin

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
ryan_stw said:
Another question, are we allowed to apply for Driver's License? (in BC to be specific). I understand that as a visitor, we can drive for up to 6 months, but what happens after that?
I am using my US driving license and residing in Ontario. Thanks god,I do not have to worry about getting a license here. :)

But for you, check with Ministry of MotorV in BC what would they suggest, after AIP you will def be qualified for Driver's license.

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
jadarius said:
Hi All, I am sponsporing my Common-law Partner from Dominica via Inland. We submitted our application on March 18th and it was received in Alberta on March 22. Let the waiting begin
Welcome to this forum. Yes, let wait begin :)