Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Love-Young, I thought the book idea deserved it's own thread. LOL

Watching shows on tv and movies is definitely therapeutic for both of us. It helps pass the time too.

ryan_stw

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, another question:

My wife is currently on PR but she will be taking her oath for Canadian citizenship on April 29, 2011. Do you think it would matter if we submit our application before she becomes a citizen? or should we wait after her oathtaking then submit the documents?

lemony_20

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/10
Doc's Request.
13/09/11
AOR Received.
AIP 22/9/2011
Med's Done....
23/06/11
Interview........
TBA
LANDED..........
...waiting...
Hey all,

I've posted before. My application was sent inland back in November. :] Still waiting with the rest of you. Although recently got some good news about my extension as a visitor here. I received my visitor record in the mail just in time! My states license is about to expire and with the visitor record I can go apply for an Ontario License - but will need to get my driving record from the U.S. Consulate first! Anyone know anything about that? I'd appreciate it ! :D

(Sam)

lemony_20

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/10
Doc's Request.
13/09/11
AOR Received.
AIP 22/9/2011
Med's Done....
23/06/11
Interview........
TBA
LANDED..........
...waiting...
Before I forget, I noticed someone else was asking about driving in Canada and here is a link to all the provinces:
http://canadaonline.about.com/od/driverslicence/Drivers_Licences_in_Canada.htm

and specifically, Ontario:
http://www.drivetest.ca/en/license/OutOfCountryDrivers.aspx
^direct link to information on exchanging an out of country license

As I understand it there are several pieces of documentation you can provide, I have resided in Canada since July 2010, so my 6 months are up and my US license is about to expire as I'm turning 21 in May. I believe you are eligible for a license if you can prove you are here legally for more than 6 months. :]

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
ryan_stw said:

My wife is currently on PR but she will be taking her oath for Canadian citizenship on April 29, 2011. Do you think it would matter if we submit our application before she becomes a citizen? or should we wait after her oathtaking then submit the documents?
hi ryan

I don't think there will be any problem for your wife. My bf is preparing papers for citizenship and we called CIC, they told us nothing to worry about. However, the call center suggested me that if my sponsor's status has changed then it would be better to send a letter to let them know. It's up to you, either you want to apply your PR now or just wait for the other month after ur wife becomes citizen......good luck

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
ryan_stw said:

It doesnt ,matter, u end up delaying. U can info cic later on abt her citizenship statuss.

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
lemony_20 said:
Hey all,

I've posted before. My application was sent inland back in November. :] Still waiting with the rest of you. Although recently got some good news about my extension as a visitor here. I received my visitor record in the mail just in time! My states license is about to expire and with the visitor record I can go apply for an Ontario License - but will need to get my driving record from the U.S. Consulate first! Anyone know anything about that? I'd appreciate it ! :D

(Sam)
i have US license too, how long they grant u the extension visa or when u new visa expiring? What were the reasons u gave for extension of visa?

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
lemony_20 said:
Before I forget, I noticed someone else was asking about driving in Canada and here is a link to all the provinces:
http://canadaonline.about.com/od/driverslicence/Drivers_Licences_in_Canada.htm

and specifically, Ontario:
http://www.drivetest.ca/en/license/OutOfCountryDrivers.aspx
^direct link to information on exchanging an out of country license

As I understand it there are several pieces of documentation you can provide, I have resided in Canada since July 2010, so my 6 months are up and my US license is about to expire as I'm turning 21 in May. I believe you are eligible for a license if you can prove you are here legally for more than 6 months. :]
I asked a couple of question in the last post. Let me know....

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
INLAND APPLICATIONS SENT IN 2011 CHART
(Currently taking 10 months from date app was received to hear by CIC about AIP)

Name App Received In Process Decision Made Approval In Principle Total Time for AIP PR/LANDED
fleo Jan.24
missha Mar.18
gemauru Mar.30
angtao Mar.31

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
fleo, is your in process yet?

Anyone else want to join the Inland 2011 chart? Step right up folks. Don't be shy.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
You're doing great angtao. Keep up the good work.
Come on 2011 applicant's feel free to join in.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Love Young, thanks for the compliment. I figure myself and missha can share the chart.

I read in another chart that you are feeling down. Our app was received last Thursday and I cannot believe only 4 days has gone by. I keep counting the months and also feel down sometimes. I agree with other's, go for a walk or join a gym. I am headed to the gym now so I can get some endorphins running through my brain. LOL

I know this is not that good but make or go out and enjoy a meal or a dessert with your hubby.

Stay tuned for my new thread on movies.

fleo

Star Member
Nov 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2011
Med's Done....
23-12-2010
angtao said:
fleo, is your in process yet?
I'd be dancing all over the forum if it was, don't worry ;)

No, e-cas is as silent as ever. But I figured it's gonna be done when it's done and not a minute sooner, there's really no point in me freaking out over it. There's a purring kitty in my lap and all is well :)

lemony_20

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/10
Doc's Request.
13/09/11
AOR Received.
AIP 22/9/2011
Med's Done....
23/06/11
Interview........
TBA
LANDED..........
...waiting...
missha said:
i have US license too, how long they grant u the extension visa or when u new visa expiring? What were the reasons u gave for extension of visa?
Missha,

They granted my extension as a visitor for a year. The reasons I gave were awaiting my PR with husband inland, and I sent them a copy of my marriage cert and reciept of my PR fees, along with proof when I entered the country and a photocopy of my passport. I have mailed today my request for my state dmv to mail me my driving record and will be able to exchange my US license for an full Ontario license with proof of my driving experience.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
INLAND APPLICATIONS SENT IN 2011 CHART
(Currently taking 10 months from date app was received to hear by CIC about AIP)

Name App Received In Process Decision Made Approval In Principle Total Time for AIP PR/LANDED
fleo Jan.24
Canadagirl85 Mar.8
missha Mar.18
gemauru Mar.30
angtao Mar.31