+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC 2014 - International Experience Canada

voxxonline

Nov 24, 2013
Hi guys
I have few questions to ask please.
First one: how related country of residence to citizenship ? If I live and work (reside) in one European country but I am citizen of another European country (both eligible for IEC ) . I understand I need to fill paperwork under the IEC of country of Citizenship ?
In this case I provide both countries police certificates.
If I do not have bank account in country of citizenship anymore and my residential address in country I live now does it influence the way I do my papers ?
Thank you.

sarahc

Nov 28, 2013
Hey, so I've been trying to get to grips with the requirements/processes/legal mumbo jumbo of the official visa websites - so far this site has been by far the most enlightening. Obviously the 2014 progamme is not open yet for my country (Ireland) but I have a few questions.
Do I require a police certificate from other countries that I have lived in? If so, for how far back is this required and how many months do for them to consider that you "reside" in a country? (I think I saw 6 months somewhere but I might be wrong).
Also my boyfriend is Italian, does anyone have an idea when the IEC application process opens for Italians - and if the visa is for 6 months or 12 (think its work 6 months, travel 6 months, the government website is unclear).
Delighted that they removed the habitual residence requirement!!! But looks like with all the paper work I will need to gather that it'll be IEC 2015 for me!!! If anyone has any info it'd be great - I'm going to get in touch with an Irish friend in BC to see if he has heard anything from recent arrivals.

DaraghMer

Dec 3, 2013
Hello there,

I have a lot of questions about this, but my first one is regarding a job offer.

Do I need to have a job offer from a Canadian employer before I can apply for a working permit?

Thanks

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
DaraghMer said:
Hello there,

I have a lot of questions about this, but my first one is regarding a job offer.

Do I need to have a job offer from a Canadian employer before I can apply for a working permit?

Thanks
You don't need a job offer for the WHP ( Working Holiday Program ), but you need one for YP ( Young Professionals ) and COOP.

DaraghMer

Dec 3, 2013
Hello again

Firstly, thank you very much 'iam_toby' for your reply to my previous post. I'm sure you have to answer a lot of the same questions, so I very much appreciate your patience.

I am an Irish citizen currently living in Busan,South Korea and I hope to move to Canada in May 2014 in the Working Holiday Program.

I am not sure as to when I can actually apply for the IEC? Am I able to register now, or do I have to wait until the program opens in January?

I know that I should have my documents ready for when the application process begins, but what documents do I need exactly? From what I can see it seems to be a copy of my passport identification page and an updated resume. Is this all I need?

Thank you very much.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
DaraghMer said:
Hello again

Firstly, thank you very much 'iam_toby' for your reply to my previous post. I'm sure you have to answer a lot of the same questions, so I very much appreciate your patience.

I am an Irish citizen currently living in Busan,South Korea and I hope to move to Canada in May 2014 in the Working Holiday Program.

I am not sure as to when I can actually apply for the IEC? Am I able to register now, or do I have to wait until the program opens in January?

I know that I should have my documents ready for when the application process begins, but what documents do I need exactly? From what I can see it seems to be a copy of my passport identification page and an updated resume. Is this all I need?

Thank you very much.

Hey,

the documents vary and are different from country to country. If you can, register for a Kompass account now, that saves
you some time when the IEC program opens. But passport and police certificates are usually required for all countries.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
IEC opening dates have been announced for various countries. Check the IEC website of your country for
further information.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

JJBart said:
Hey, I'm Dutch and also trying to apply for the IEC 2014 program. So far it seems reasonably clear for me what documents i need to submit and in what stage, just two question though: on the operational bulletin link that was posted here with information regarding the IEC process, it is stated that you need a police certificate from every country you have resided in for more than 6 months. I have lived in Sweden for a year, but i've been back in the Netherlands for 6 months now, and i have no idea how to get a police certificate from Sweden to add to my application. Is that a huge problem? I've never been in touch with police there, so I wouldn't even know where to start to get a police certificate from there...

second question is if it only matters how quick you are with the first stage of your application for your place in line when it comes to the quota or is your place based on completion of both stages?

Hope someone can help!
1. Here is how you apply for the Swedish Police Report.
2. First stage, you have 3 months to complete the second stage. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob490A.asp

sugarfuss

Oct 31, 2013
Another question regarding the required documents.

Is a photograph of the passport okay? It says either scanned or electronic copy, and there is nobody I know with a scanner.

juliabear

Oct 7, 2013
I hope someone can provide me with some help. The second round for British Citizens opened today this morning and I opened a Kompass account and was in the process of filling in the sections of the applications and when I reached the IEC category an alert popped up saying
that it is not open for the working holiday category and to check the quota. I went back to the IEC website and it said that the second round was closed. This was just in less than 15 minutes???? :eek: I do not understand why it was closed while I was in the process of completing the application. Is this because there were people on the waiting list before me who had completed the application were automatically given a place
Can anyone explain this because I just don't understand what just happened to me and I am at a loss at what to do now

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
sugarfuss said:
Another question regarding the required documents.

Is a photograph of the passport okay? It says either scanned or electronic copy, and there is nobody I know with a scanner.
If there's no other requirements, like age requirements to the photo then you can take any photo
that meets the set criteria.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
juliabear said:
I hope someone can provide me with some help. The second round for British Citizens opened today this morning and I opened a Kompass account and was in the process of filling in the sections of the applications and when I reached the IEC category an alert popped up saying
that it is not open for the working holiday category and to check the quota. I went back to the IEC website and it said that the second round was closed. This was just in less than 15 minutes???? :eek: I do not understand why it was closed while I was in the process of completing the application. Is this because there were people on the waiting list before me who had completed the application were automatically given a place
Can anyone explain this because I just don't understand what just happened to me and I am at a loss at what to do now
There's no such thing as a waiting list, places are given away on a first come first serve basis.
Now you already have an active kompass account and know what the procedure looks like, prepare for the third
round and apply as soon as possible!

Tototoro

Dec 17, 2013
juliabear said:
This happened to my girlfriend today too! I can't believe that the round closed within 15 minutes!! So unlucky. Anyways, from my understanding, I think that what led to her (and your) downfall this round was the fact that you both had to create a Kompass account. I am going to guess that hte majority of people who did not qualify for this round had one opened LAST round (the 12th) and just logged in and submitted today saving lots of time. I think (and don't quote me on this) that the next time you sign onto your Kompass account when the application process is OPEN again, all your information that you typed in today will be saved and you just have to click hte submit button. Anymore insight on this would be appreciated. Again, I was shocked to see that it was over in 15 minutes!

juliabear

Oct 7, 2013
Tototoro said:
This happened to my girlfriend today too! I can't believe that the round closed within 15 minutes!! So unlucky. Anyways, from my understanding, I think that what led to her (and your) downfall this round was the fact that you both had to create a Kompass account. I am going to guess that hte majority of people who did not qualify for this round had one opened LAST round (the 12th) and just logged in and submitted today saving lots of time. I think (and don't quote me on this) that the next time you sign onto your Kompass account when the application process is OPEN again, all your information that you typed in today will be saved and you just have to click hte submit button. Anymore insight on this would be appreciated. Again, I was shocked to see that it was over in 15 minutes!

Thank you for the information, I think now that I had a chance to get over that shock and think about it more. I think you are probably right about the time it took for me to open a Kompass account and those that already had an account could just press the submit button. Fingers crossed that you girlfriend and I can make it in the final round, but it is crazy how the places just went in 15 minutes.

mohnjatthews

Dec 19, 2013
Tototoro said:
...I can't believe that the round closed within 15 minutes...
I'm afraid that the round closed a lot faster than 15 minutes.

I tried to get a visa in the 1st round, took too long to get through the Kompass registration and didn't get one. This time round I knew where to go and what to click on, and I already had my Kompass account. I logged in at 15:00 (GMT) on the dot and finished everything by 15:04 (GMT). I went back to the main IEC page to see how many slots were still open, and there was 200.

After 4 minutes there were 200 slots left, meaning that 1150 VISAS WENT IN 4 MINUTES. That's how fast you've got to be in this game.

Good luck to you guys! Hopefully you'll all get one next time!