+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC 2014 - International Experience Canada

BenBed

Jan 5, 2014
Hi
I'm hoping to apply in the third round in January. Do you know at what stage of the process / how long after this will I need to submit my police certificate?
Thanks in advance
Ben

aleade

Dec 29, 2013
quick clarification needed: once the work permit under IEC is expired, it is possible for asking for a work permit while still staying in Canada as "tourist"? for example, if the employer wants to extend the contract duration or similar?
tks to let met know

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

aleade said:
quick clarification needed: once the work permit under IEC is expired, it is possible for asking for a work permit while still staying in Canada as "tourist"? for example, if the employer wants to extend the contract duration or similar?
tks to let met know
1. The IEC is not extendable, so the employer would have to apply for a LMO after advertising the job for a minimum of 4 weeks. Then if approved (6-12 weeks) then you could apply for a new work permit. You can't work until you get that work permit.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Dom_ said:
Thanks toby,

Allright I've almost finished the ICE Account, have prepared my required documents but I think I did't read such thing like a Führungszeugnis, a certificate of good conduct. And which kind of?? A criminal record certificate or what??
Thought a copy of my University degree, a photocopy of my ID and a up-to-date version of my curriculum vitae would be enough.

best regards

Viele Grüße auch aus dem schönen Deutscheland
Last time I applied for my working holiday visa I needed a Polizeiliches Fuehrungszeugnis, I'm pretty sure you still need that. If not for the IEC part, then for the CIC part ( part 2 ) for sure.

aleade

Dec 29, 2013
hi
PMM said:
Hi

1. The IEC is not extendable, so the employer would have to apply for a LMO after advertising the job for a minimum of 4 weeks. Then if approved (6-12 weeks) then you could apply for a new work permit. You can't work until you get that work permit.
thank you for your reply! Can I however ask for a work permit during my stay even if I already worked during 6 months under IEC terms?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
aleade said:
hi
thank you for your reply! Can I however ask for a work permit during my stay even if I already worked during 6 months under IEC terms?
You can, at any time, find an employer willing to apply for a LMO for you and then apply for a work permit.

robbiefernando

Star Member
Mar 18, 2013
Hi Guys

I was hoping someone could help me. I am applying for IEC- working holiday visa from Australia and I am an australian citizen. I am getting all my documents ready before the program opens. I had a look at the Application form for applying for a woek permit outside Australia and there is a section that asks following questions :

1. What type of work permit are you applying for ( should I select working holiday visa ) ?
2.details about the employment - name of the emploter, intended occupation,NOC etc, Mabour market opinion no etc. I dont have these details as I dont have any job at he moment. Should I leave this section blank ?
3. Lastly I know I would need to organise a police check. I was born in india and lived there till the age of 21.Should I attach an inidan police clearcance as well along with the australian one or should I wait for CIC to request one ?

Many Thanks and you assistance will be greatly appreciated.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
robbiefernando said:
Hi Guys

I was hoping someone could help me. I am applying for IEC- working holiday visa from Australia and I am an australian citizen. I am getting all my documents ready before the program opens. I had a look at the Application form for applying for a woek permit outside Australia and there is a section that asks following questions :

1. What type of work permit are you applying for ( should I select working holiday visa ) ?

Correct.

2.details about the employment - name of the emploter, intended occupation,NOC etc, Mabour market opinion no etc. I dont have these details as I dont have any job at he moment. Should I leave this section blank ?

Yes, leave it blank.

3. Lastly I know I would need to organise a police check. I was born in india and lived there till the age of 21.Should I attach an inidan police clearcance as well along with the australian one or should I wait for CIC to request one ?

I don't know how old you are today, but usually you are required to provide PCCs from countries you've lived in for more than
6 months since the age of 18 or the past 10 years. Not sure about that tho.

Many Thanks and you assistance will be greatly appreciated.
See comments in red.

CJeanW

Jan 8, 2014
For the first stage of the application process - applying for the IEC through Kompass - will a photograph of the passport suffice or should it be a scanned picture in PDF? Does it have to be notarized?

My friend is a Polish Citizen who lives in UK and is applying for IEC when it opens (hopefully Feb but the website is super vague).

Also, are the proof of funds and police certificate due at this stage of the application or is it later on?

Thanks so much!

burms7

Jan 9, 2014
Hi Guys, I'm applying from the UK
Just read this thread front to back which has been a great help in itself so thanks!
I am looking to get in to the third round of IEC application but reading this has now made me doubt my chances since when the third and final round opens I will still have to create my Kompass account which seems to be where people have lost out previously to those who had already done so...
Firstly what are my chances of getting everything done from the minute the round opens and submitted before the quota is filled?

Also I haven't yet got my PCC, it is on the way and I'm expecting to receive it in the next couple of days as I paid extra to get it sooner... Without this can I still secure my place in the quota or is it one of the documents you need straight away in order to secure a place in the quota before progressing to stage 2?

Finally, supposing I don't get a place in the IEC quota because others who already have kompass accounts beat me to it, is there any other way I can get into Canada and begin work with an employer who has offered me a job on a gentleman's agreement pending a visa?

Many many thanks in advance
Ollie

moorhs

Oct 16, 2013
Hey, I'm Australian and just been approved through the 2 stages of the IEC program. but I cant find information to answer my questions about arriving at the border/immigration.

In my application, I'm not 100% but I think I entered BC as my port of entry, but I will be entering in Alberta, I doubt this will cause any problems?
Also, I plan to arrive at Edmonton int. airport, are there any ports of entry that do not deal with IEC work permits?

Other than funds over 2500CAD, 24 months insurance, CIC forms and passport, is there anything else that might be helpful to take with me as i cross?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

moorhs

Oct 16, 2013
Ill try, its been fairly annoying though haha

I got into Edmonton last September as a visitor, started about 2 weeks later, but I was told I would need a police cert (as I have been arrested in Australia) I got that back about October.

I sent all my documents to my family in Australia and they forwarded them onto the Sydney consulate, (only because if there were any problems it wouldnt get sent all the way back to Canada and waste time)

I got an email roughly a month later saying to move on to Stage 2, where the criminal checks and admissibility would be proven. I got all the documents together and about a week later sent through to Stage 2 CIC.

Probably only 2 weeks later I got a meesage saying my Application had been closed and approved. So from what I can tell the only thing left to do is exit Canada as a visitor and return to the border and get my permit at the airport?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
moorhs said:
Probably only 2 weeks later I got a meesage saying my Application had been closed and approved. So from what I can tell the only thing left to do is exit Canada as a visitor and return to the border and get my permit at the airport?
Correct. In your MyCIC account you should find a LOI ( Letter of Introduction ), take this letter along with passport etc to the border and you'll get your WP issued;

yenster

Jan 13, 2014
Hi there. My friend is under IEC now and her visa will be expired on Sept. Just wonder if she would have a change to apply for a work permit in here? Cos as I know IEC cant be extend. If she cant apply for work permit, is there any ways for her to work in Canada? Thank you.