+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC 2014 - International Experience Canada

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
mohnjatthews said:
I'm afraid that the round closed a lot faster than 15 minutes.

I tried to get a visa in the 1st round, took too long to get through the Kompass registration and didn't get one. This time round I knew where to go and what to click on, and I already had my Kompass account. I logged in at 15:00 (GMT) on the dot and finished everything by 15:04 (GMT). I went back to the main IEC page to see how many slots were still open, and there was 200.

After 4 minutes there were 200 slots left, meaning that 1150 VISAS WENT IN 4 MINUTES. That's how fast you've got to be in this game.

Good luck to you guys! Hopefully you'll all get one next time!

You guys from the UK are crazy :) For us German citizens we still have available visas until late in the year. Haha :)

Jason12345

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Hey all
I was lucky And got in first round. The process time for out of Canada says 3 months to wait is this correct or do they generally have someone working specifically on IEC apps? On the IEC page it says 30 days for uk. I just have a job lined up and want to get there ASAP : )

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Jason12345 said:
Hey all
I was lucky And got in first round. The process time for out of Canada says 3 months to wait is this correct or do they generally have someone working specifically on IEC apps? On the IEC page it says 30 days for uk. I just have a job lined up and want to get there ASAP : )

30 days sounds accurate.

aleade

Dec 29, 2013
hi,
I am from Italy, any news on when the programm will start for 2014? do you have to be prepared with some documents before starting the appliance?
tks

Dom_

Jan 2, 2014
hI there,

I' m a newcomer aswell, from Germany and I'm also looking to apply for 2014 Working holidays in Canada.
I have been looking for the exact time when the ICE Application starts, but with no success. I've read that in Germany it will be 5000 places available. You wrote that last years it starts in February and for how long was the categorie open? Do I have to look for the start every day or is the ICE in Germany not so popular? So I'm very excited if I get this visa for 2014 :eek: .

WillVisa

Jan 4, 2014
Hi, I'm from the UK and worried i might have missed the boat. I haven't been checking regularly as i assumed the opening dates would be around the same as last year but i checked yesterday and the first two rounds have passed!
Can we find out the opening time and date before it occurs? I checked in early December and there was no mention of the first round opening.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
aleade said:
hi,
I am from Italy, any news on when the programm will start for 2014? do you have to be prepared with some documents before starting the appliance?
tks
I'm not a 100% sure about the requirements for italian citizens, but most IEC participants need a police clearance certificate from their home country. That's one document you could apply for prior to applying, so you have it ready by the time the program opens.
Program start will be announced on the italian IEC website, check the website regularly to make sure you're always up to date.

Here's the link: >> http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/italy-italie/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Dom_ said:
hI there,

I' m a newcomer aswell, from Germany and I'm also looking to apply for 2014 Working holidays in Canada.
I have been looking for the exact time when the ICE Application starts, but with no success. I've read that in Germany it will be 5000 places available. You wrote that last years it starts in February and for how long was the categorie open? Do I have to look for the start every day or is the ICE in Germany not so popular? So I'm very excited if I get this visa for 2014 :eek: .
Hey Dom_,
Herzlich wilkommen.

As you correctly stated, the program for German citizens is currently closed. According to the German IEC website the program start will
be early 2014. As of today there's a quota of 4,200 visas in the WHP category. Last years program was open until fall 2013, so there's no rush in getting in. However, this might be different this year. I recommend signing up for a Kompass account as soon as the registration opens and also
applying for a Fuehrungszeugnis ahead of time as this is one of the requirements for German citizens.

Feel free to check back in if you have more questions or need help with the application process.

Viele Gruesse aus Canada.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
WillVisa said:
Hi, I'm from the UK and worried i might have missed the boat. I haven't been checking regularly as i assumed the opening dates would be around the same as last year but i checked yesterday and the first two rounds have passed!
Can we find out the opening time and date before it occurs? I checked in early December and there was no mention of the first round opening.
Your best bet is to check the website on a daily basis. Bookmark the website and try to visit it as often as possible to get into
the third round.

Good luck!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can also try using a free web page change detector such as this one.

http://www.changedetection.com/

Basically you use this service to monitor the web page you're interested in and it sends you an email when it detects that a change has been made.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
scylla said:
You can also try using a free web page change detector such as this one.

http://www.changedetection.com/

Basically you use this service to monitor the web page you're interested in and it sends you an email when it detects that a change has been made.
That's a neat idea!! :) Haven't heard of such website before.... **bookmarked :)

WillVisa

Jan 4, 2014
Thanks for the advice. Do they let applicants know when the next release day is in advance or is it literally just keep checking and we only find out when they are actually released?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
WillVisa said:
Thanks for the advice. Do they let applicants know when the next release day is in advance or is it literally just keep checking and we only find out when they are actually released?
As per UK IEC website:

In 2014, the quota will be separated in several rounds.

Opening Dates

1st round: December 12th, 2013, at 15:00 London time (GMT), (10:00 Ottawa time). CLOSED
2nd round: December 17th, 2013, at 15:00 London time (GMT), (10:00 Ottawa time). CLOSED
3rd round: in 2014
So there's not date set so far. Keep checking the website for changes.

Dom_

Jan 2, 2014
Thanks toby,

Allright I've almost finished the ICE Account, have prepared my required documents but I think I did't read such thing like a Führungszeugnis, a certificate of good conduct. And which kind of?? A criminal record certificate or what??
Thought a copy of my University degree, a photocopy of my ID and a up-to-date version of my curriculum vitae would be enough.

best regards

Viele Grüße auch aus dem schönen Deutscheland

Dom_

Jan 2, 2014
Dom_ said:
Thanks toby,

Allright I've almost finished the ICE Account, have prepared my required documents but I think I did't read such thing like a Führungszeugnis, a certificate of good conduct. And which kind of?? A criminal record certificate or what??
Thought a copy of my University degree, a photocopy of my ID and a up-to-date version of my curriculum vitae would be enough.

best regards

Viele Grüße auch aus dem schönen Deutscheland