+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC 2014 - International Experience Canada

mitten

May 21, 2013
Hello,

Just to clarify, the 2014 program isn't open yet but can we start submitting our applications for stage 1 or do we have to wait until the 'rounds' open?

Thanks

newguy999

Oct 10, 2013
iam_toby said:
As we're getting closer to the opening of the 2014 IEC program, I'd like
to use this thread as a place for all questions concerning IEC applications, applicants,
requirements and whatnot.
Last years IEC program changes resulted in a bloody mess here and tons of opened
threads and maybe this year we can work with that one.

So if you have questions - ask away!
Hi, i wonder if someone is married and fall under this IEC program, will this person's spouse be eligible for an open work permit?

Thank you very much!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
mitten said:
Hello,

Just to clarify, the 2014 program isn't open yet but can we start submitting our applications for stage 1 or do we have to wait until the 'rounds' open?

Thanks
For what I know, you can submit applications for stage 1 ( IEC Approval ) as early as the program opens. As you
need to register for a Kompass account to do so, and the registration is not yet open.

Ophelia02

Oct 21, 2013
iam_toby said:
I'm from Germany and successfully applied for two IEC visas.
Best time to apply is right at program start. Get the conditional acceptance letter from IEC as soon as possible.
The continue to stage 2, CIC assessment.

Check the UK IEC website every now and then for updates. As soon as the 2014 program opens, try to get it ASAP!
I know that last years UK quote was maxed out in a matter of hours.
If you don't get it, you can still use a company.
Hey Toby,

I was wondering if you could let me know how the application process differed for the young professional category.
I am currently in Canada on my first visa but I would like to apply for the YP one once the 2014 round opens. Do you have to submit your job offer through your kompass account or just through cic?
Also, what kind of job do you have? Do you know if they are very strict about it being "related to your degree/supporting your career development"?
Thanks

moorhs

Oct 16, 2013
Hey, my name is Ben, I am 25 and Australian. I am currently in the process of applying for a Work Permit. I am currently in Alberta, Canada at the moment and wanting to work around Edmonton, hopefully as a Journeyman Electrician.

I have been arrested in Sept 2010, but no conviction was recorded and I served a good behavior bond without incident, I am however waiting on a National Police Check to prove this.

I am looking at a couple of different options to obtain my work permit. One being getting a job offer from an employer here and get a LMO then go to the border and hopefully get a work permit there. I am also looking into the "International Experience Canada" (IEC) program, but it seems to me that this would take a lot longer to be approved. I am thinking of going down both roads just so I get the one that gets me approved quicker.

I am currently in a relationship with a citizen, if this makes any difference.

I was wondering if there was anything specific, or my chances on getting a LMO from a Canadian company? If my best option was to apply for the IEC option, I got told it would be better to send my documents away to be deemed admissible (due to my criminal activity) to Canada before applying for the work permit itself, is this needed? Or can I just go ahead and apply for the permit and then re-enter the country?

Thank you for any help!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Ophelia02 said:
Hey Toby,

I was wondering if you could let me know how the application process differed for the young professional category.
I am currently in Canada on my first visa but I would like to apply for the YP one once the 2014 round opens. Do you have to submit your job offer through your kompass account or just through cic?
Also, what kind of job do you have? Do you know if they are very strict about it being "related to your degree/supporting your career development"?
Thanks

I applied for a YP beginning of 2013 and if I remember it right you'll need the job
offer for both stages, IEC and CIC.
Your job should somewhat be related to your education, yes. I work in the IT industry.

Elkie248

Oct 22, 2013
Hi Folks,

I'll try not to repeat anything that has already been said, as I've tried to do my research before hand, however I have a couple of questions I'd be grateful if anyone could help out with... I, like many are hoping to get on the IEC visa for 2014, (as early as possible!) I'm from the UK.

1)Do we have any idea of what documentation will be needed for the first stage ?? (Whether this is just what has been asked for in the past!>? Just to get some idea of what I'd need to get ready!? The chances of me being in Canada at the time application opens is likely!
-) I've read mixed reviews as to whether you need your Police Check Certificate at Stage 1, or even if its worth while getting it for stage 1 at least?! Ive read there is a 3 month expiration date on the certificates.

2)As a few people have already posted, the Operational Bulletin page that has been recently been updated this month (I tried to paste the link but unable to do so!) well I have tried to comprehend this to my best ability, however it's very jargon filled, can anyone that has read and understood the main changes relevant to the UK please care to explain? Esp about the 3 application processes....
"In 2013, until further notice, there will be three different processes for IEC applicants: New Process, Transition and Status Quo."

and finally... can anyone recommend some good social networking pages to follow or like relating to IEC/Moving to Canada/finding work?

I'd appreciate any advice given, Thank you in advance guys :D

aron.w

Oct 29, 2013
Hi all,
Just to get this straight for me is there anyway of starting the process i.e kompass login, finding out what documents i need to apply and so on,
I am rather nervous about not getting a place so i just want to double check i haven't missed the start of anything yet
(i am from the Britain)

thanks

sugarfuss

Oct 31, 2013
Hey all,

In the new processing instructions (I wasn't able to post a link, I'm referring to the Operational Bulletin 490-A) it says this:
Processing of the following eight countries will be done centrally: Australia, France, Germany, Ireland, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea, and United Kingdom.
GCMS will assign IEC applicants from these eight countries, only, to Centralized Processing Region (CPR) based on citizenship regardless of country of residence.
Does this mean that as a German citizen I should now apply through the UK program as I've been living here for five years?
Or still through the German site because that's where I hold my passport?
On the German site is says to be eligible for a Working Holiday I need to normally reside in Germany, which I haven't been for the past 5 years.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
sugarfuss said:
Hey all,

In the new processing instructions (I wasn't able to post a link, I'm referring to the Operational Bulletin 490-A) it says this:
Does this mean that as a German citizen I should now apply through the UK program as I've been living here for five years?
Or still through the German site because that's where I hold my passport?
On the German site is says to be eligible for a Working Holiday I need to normally reside in Germany, which I haven't been for the past 5 years.
For stage 1 you have to use the German IEC website. Stage 2 will be submitted online and you don't have to worry
about the office which processes the application, doesn't matter for you as you don't have to know which one it is.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
aron.w said:
Hi all,
Just to get this straight for me is there anyway of starting the process i.e kompass login, finding out what documents i need to apply and so on,
I am rather nervous about not getting a place so i just want to double check i haven't missed the start of anything yet
(i am from the Britain)

thanks
Check the UK IEC website every now and then and register for a Kompass account, if you don't have one yet,
as soon as the registration opens. Before that, there's nothing you can do, but find applicants from last year who
remember the documents ( they might've changed tho ).

sugarfuss

Oct 31, 2013
thanks for the clarification, toby!

as far as the Kompass account is concerned: being able to register for a new account basically means that registration for stage 1 is open, right? So until Stage 1 starts nobody can sign up for a new account.

Also, does registration usually start around the same time for all participating countries?

sunny30

Oct 8, 2013
I applied at the start of 2013 for the IEC Visa but once I sent my info I got a letter stating that the quota was filled. Today I received an email saying Quota availability verified - Please submit payment and proof of payment. Should I go about paying it and if so who do I make payment to and how do I m ake payment as they gave me no information on how to make the payment. I also can't seem to unlock my application form?

Not sure what to do!!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
sugarfuss said:
thanks for the clarification, toby!

as far as the Kompass account is concerned: being able to register for a new account basically means that registration for stage 1 is open, right? So until Stage 1 starts nobody can sign up for a new account.

Also, does registration usually start around the same time for all participating countries?
No, programs open at different times. Make sure to check your countries IEC website regularly so you
can sign up for a Kompass account right away.