+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC 2014 - International Experience Canada

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
sunny30 said:
I applied at the start of 2013 for the IEC Visa but once I sent my info I got a letter stating that the quota was filled. Today I received an email saying Quota availability verified - Please submit payment and proof of payment. Should I go about paying it and if so who do I make payment to and how do I m ake payment as they gave me no information on how to make the payment. I also can't seem to unlock my application form?

Not sure what to do!!
There has to be information on the IEC website of your country. If not, try to email them and ask for payment information.
I don't remember at what stage I was asked to pay, and who I made the payment to.

remy888

Oct 16, 2013
Hey all
so i was able to log in to my compass account .
I have bit dilemma about my passport I have apply not long time ago to have my passport replaced to biometric .I will be able to pick up on 28th this month.
Now on my compass account 1st thing is provide passport details what shall I do in this situation ?
Provide my old one and later change details if is possible or wait till i get my new one I don't want to delay my application process

Regards
Remy

focus27

Nov 8, 2013
Hi,
I've been in Canada for 1 year WH Visa, (about to run out). I applied more than a month ago for a Young Professional Visa online through CIC. Submitted all my paper work and received a letter saying that "This confirms that your application for temporary residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration and they will contact me.
MY Questions are. When do i have to pay a fee?
Is it now just a waiting time? Its been like 1,5 month. Getting worried.
Maybe i missing something, any advices would be appreciated.
Thank you.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
focus27 said:
Hi,
I've been in Canada for 1 year WH Visa, (about to run out). I applied more than a month ago for a Young Professional Visa online through CIC. Submitted all my paper work and received a letter saying that "This confirms that your application for temporary residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration and they will contact me.
MY Questions are. When do i have to pay a fee?
Is it now just a waiting time? Its been like 1,5 month. Getting worried.
Maybe i missing something, any advices would be appreciated.
Thank you.
There is no fee for the stage 2 ( CIC assessment ). You only pay IEC at stage 1.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
focus27 said:
So in stage 2 ( CIC assessment ) is just a matter of waiting?
Thank you very much for this..:)
Yes, you only pay for stage one, get the 'conditional acceptance letter', apply for stage two and wait for the 'letter of introduction'.

faz2722

Nov 13, 2013
Hi everyone,

I am looking to apply for IEC UK 2014. I participated in 2011 but the system has changed a lot since then.

I was just wondering if anyone knows what documents you were required to submit for the 2013 programme as I was hoping to use these as a guide to prepare for 2014? I have what I submitted for 2011 but I am trying to see if anything has changed dramatically. I have looked on the website but I can't see a definitive list. I have seen about the passport copy and the CV but in 2011 I had to submit a police certificate. I have seen this what still the case on a few forums but I was hoping someone may be able to provide a list.

Also if the police certificate is still needed, what date range does it need to be within? Some forums say 3 months but others say 6 months and I can't remember what the criteria was for 2011. I was also wondering if the CV is still restricted to one page? I have followed the advised layout but as I'm the wrong side of 25, it's hard to get all of my jobs on one page, which I had to do for the last application I did.

Thanks in advance :)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
faz2722 said:
Hi everyone,

I am looking to apply for IEC UK 2014. I participated in 2011 but the system has changed a lot since then.

I was just wondering if anyone knows what documents you were required to submit for the 2013 programme as I was hoping to use these as a guide to prepare for 2014? I have what I submitted for 2011 but I am trying to see if anything has changed dramatically. I have looked on the website but I can't see a definitive list. I have seen about the passport copy and the CV but in 2011 I had to submit a police certificate. I have seen this what still the case on a few forums but I was hoping someone may be able to provide a list.

Also if the police certificate is still needed, what date range does it need to be within? Some forums say 3 months but others say 6 months and I can't remember what the criteria was for 2011. I was also wondering if the CV is still restricted to one page? I have followed the advised layout but as I'm the wrong side of 25, it's hard to get all of my jobs on one page, which I had to do for the last application I did.

Thanks in advance :)
I'm not sure about required documents so far, as the program has not been opened yet. To be on the
safe side, prepare a one page resume and get the PCC. Wait for the program to open, then sign up for a Kompass
account and see from there.
Maybe check back in with a list of reqeuired documents for other users who don't get in the first quota...

sugarfuss

Oct 31, 2013
Just to clarify - the passport we use for stage 1 doesn't have to be the one that's valid until the day after the scheduled departure, right? If successful in stage 1 I could just get a new passport after that to use for CIC.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
sugarfuss said:
Just to clarify - the passport we use for stage 1 doesn't have to be the one that's valid until the day after the scheduled departure, right? If successful in stage 1 I could just get a new passport after that to use for CIC.
Yes, CIC issues the work permit. If you submit your online application for stage 2 with your new passport,
attach a letter of explanation telling them why there's a new passport number in that application. Just to be on the safe side.

lenny33

Nov 18, 2013
hey,, looking to apply for IEC.. tried registering a IEC kompass account.. selected ireland as my citizenship but when i click create account its saying... im not eligible coz im not from "austria".. i dont get it..
what am i doing wrong????

have loads of questions.. dunno where to begin

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
lenny33 said:
hey,, looking to apply for IEC.. tried registering a IEC kompass account.. selected ireland as my citizenship but when i click create account its saying... im not eligible coz im not from "austria".. i dont get it..
what am i doing wrong????

have loads of questions.. dunno where to begin
Check with your countries IEC website @

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng

Looks the program for Irish citizens is not yet open, and that's why you can't register.
As the website says the following:

You can only create a Kompass account when IEC is open for your country. The creation of a Kompass account does not mean that you have been allocated a place in the quota. You must complete and submit the online application in order to receive a place. You will use your Kompass account to manage your IEC application process.

JJBart

Nov 19, 2013
Hey, I'm Dutch and also trying to apply for the IEC 2014 program. So far it seems reasonably clear for me what documents i need to submit and in what stage, just two question though: on the operational bulletin link that was posted here with information regarding the IEC process, it is stated that you need a police certificate from every country you have resided in for more than 6 months. I have lived in Sweden for a year, but i've been back in the Netherlands for 6 months now, and i have no idea how to get a police certificate from Sweden to add to my application. Is that a huge problem? I've never been in touch with police there, so I wouldn't even know where to start to get a police certificate from there...

second question is if it only matters how quick you are with the first stage of your application for your place in line when it comes to the quota or is your place based on completion of both stages?

Hope someone can help!

d33na

Nov 19, 2013
Hey guys,
My fiance is from Croatia, and he currently holds a study permit valid until Jan 2015; however, he is in-between programs at the moment and would like to apply for the working holiday visa. My question is that whether he is eligible to apply since he already holds a study permit? I've spoken to the cic agent and he confirmed that one can hold both a work permit and a study permit, but the IEC website says that while working with WH visa, it is not possible to apply for study permit. So how about the other way around?
Thanks so much in advance!