+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC 2014 - International Experience Canada

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
mirzasafi052 said:
Thanks... *fingers crossed*
Keep us posted. Oh and by the way, I don't know where IEC applications are being processed
this year, but my ( and a lot more ) applications were processed at NY office beginning of 2013.
You should be able to call CIC hotline from within Canada and the agents ARE able to tell you
were your application is being processed.

mirzasafi052

Sep 12, 2013
Oh so you applied from Germany right and the application was processed in NY? I actually called CIC from birmingham, England(where I am right now) and asked about my IEC App and all the agent did was to confirm its existence. Yes I will post any updates. I am really looking forward to get some response after 18th i.e 8 weeks time from submission on My cic. On this website some people shared their timelines for their non IEC work permits and it was around 13 weeks.. Hope that doesnt go for me..

TerriCutting

Sep 17, 2013
Hey there,

I am trying to work out roughly when it is they release the IEC applications for 2014 for those from England.
After reading through all the information I can see it is not going to be as simple as when I did Australia for a year - visa took 12 hours to be approved!

Do they offer much warning time before they are released?

Apologies if this has been asked before never been on a forum before, slight noob!

Thanks in advance.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
TerriCutting said:
Hey there,

I am trying to work out roughly when it is they release the IEC applications for 2014 for those from England.
After reading through all the information I can see it is not going to be as simple as when I did Australia for a year - visa took 12 hours to be approved!

Do they offer much warning time before they are released?

Apologies if this has been asked before never been on a forum before, slight noob!

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

in 2011 the program opened in late october. For the 2012 round they changed the application
system to what we have right now ( first stage IEC, second stage CIC and completely online ) opened due
to technical difficulties in february 2013.
So I'm assuming they've ruled out all the issues and the program should open fall/winter 2013.
Check on your countries IEC website for dates and announcements. That's what I did,
check back in like 1-2 times a week and if offered, sign up for email announcements as well.

Hope this helps.

mirzasafi052

Sep 12, 2013
Your welcome. On tuesday i spoke with cic and the agent was really helpful she goes its gone past processing times. Care to email on this address and the team should respond to you in couple of days with the final decision... So i did it ..Anxiously waiting naaooww

fraserdean

Sep 21, 2013
Hi mirzasafi052, I am looking to apply for the 2014 IEC (also from the UK). Did you go through an organisation or did you submit the form yourself? Kind Regards Dean

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
fraserdean said:
Hi mirzasafi052, I am looking to apply for the 2014 IEC (also from the UK). Did you go through an organisation or did you submit the form yourself? Kind Regards Dean
It's a pretty straight forward application process, you should be able to do it on your own.
I did it twice, without the help of an organization.

mirzasafi052

Sep 12, 2013
Hey fraserdean, yeah you dont really need any organisations support assuming that you are a UK citizen. I am not and hency why I required supporting letters from this (students internship) organisation I am part of

NorthernStars

Sep 24, 2013
Hi guys. So glad I found this topic! I'm new to the forum (and the whole working Canada thing really) and just have a few questions.

Myself and my friend (both from and live in the UK) really want to apply for our working holiday visa when they open, hoping to work starting the winter season in 2014 if we're lucky enough to get our visas. We have wanted to do this for years and are determined to make it happen next year.

Up until now we have been thinking of doing the whole application process with an organisation (at the moment we've been looking at the company, Smaller Earth, not sure if anybody has heard of them?) as it seems as though there is a lot to do and we don't want to do anything wrong or miss out any important information! Is it easy to do it on your own for the first time without the help of a company and will it cost less? Smaller Earth's registration programme fee is £100. Will this be on top of the £100 IEC participation fee or will they be the same thing? I'm a bit confused!

If we do decide to go with an organisation, can anybody recommend any good ones that are worth the money? Smaller Earth seems helpful and has some good benefits but if anybody has any other suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

If we decide to do this on our own, when would be the best time to apply for the 2014 winter season? (Registering our Kompass account, completing the online assessment, submitting the documents etc.) Smaller Earth's applications open early October time.

I will no doubt have more questions soon, apologies if some already asked sound silly. We're very new to this whole thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
NorthernStars said:
If we decide to do this on our own, when would be the best time to apply for the 2014 winter season? (Registering our Kompass account, completing the online assessment, submitting the documents etc.) Smaller Earth's applications open early October time.

I will no doubt have more questions soon, apologies if some already asked sound silly. We're very new to this whole thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)
I'm from Germany and successfully applied for two IEC visas.
Best time to apply is right at program start. Get the conditional acceptance letter from IEC as soon as possible.
The continue to stage 2, CIC assessment.

Check the UK IEC website every now and then for updates. As soon as the 2014 program opens, try to get it ASAP!
I know that last years UK quote was maxed out in a matter of hours.
If you don't get it, you can still use a company.

GRETZKY99

Sep 27, 2013
All you guys enjoy your IEC WHV, i applied in the 2013 round and was approved due to leave Feb 2014 but unfortunately due to family reasons, etc and as im 31 this was my last shot as applying for this...so so sad, only wish they upped the age limit to 35 or something older then 31 otherwise i would be fine.

Good luck all.

juliabear

Oct 7, 2013
I applied in 2012/13 and would like to apply again as it allows people from the UK to apply twice but there are some questions I was wondering if anyone here could help in answering:

I just turned 30 recently so would I still be eligible to apply for the 2014 IEC?

I am still currently in Canada but my permit will expire so I will have to go back to the UK, but I am sure you would still need a police certificate as part of the application?? so would I apply for one in the UK or in Canada I don’t know if the UK will issue me one since I was out of the country for a year. (Before you ask, yes I have tried to applied to extend my permit and exhausted all options, even the PNP but I fall foul because of processing times)

In terms of medical insurance, do I have to purchase it in the UK or can I show that I have medical insurance with the company I am with, because I still have a job here waiting for my return.

Someone mentioned here that the quota was maxed out in a few hours? But how would someone get access to all the documents and submit everything because I can’t even create a compass account until they open up their application process (this online thing is something new as when I did in 2012 there was no such option, it was all done through paper) Plus there is no list of what supporting documents they require. Sorry, I just have no idea how to have everything ready if they don’t provide you with the information.

Any help is much appreciated :)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
juliabear said:
I applied in 2012/13 and would like to apply again as it allows people from the UK to apply twice but there are some questions I was wondering if anyone here could help in answering:

I just turned 30 recently so would I still be eligible to apply for the 2014 IEC?

Yes, you're still eligible as the IEC FAQ states:

• To be eligible for the Working Holiday category you must:
    • be between the ages of 18 and 30 inclusive at the time your application is received;

• I am still currently in Canada but my permit will expire so I will have to go back to the UK, but I am sure you would still need a police certificate as part of the application?? so would I apply for one in the UK or in Canada I don't know if the UK will issue me one since I was out of the country for a year. (Before you ask, yes I have tried to applied to extend my permit and exhausted all options, even the PNP but I fall foul because of processing times)

Yes, you can't extend an IEC visa, no chance.
    Yes, even if you haven't been in the UK for the last year, you will still need a PCC from the UK.

In terms of medical insurance, do I have to purchase it in the UK or can I show that I have medical insurance with the company I am with, because I still have a job here waiting for my return.

The IEC program requires you to purchase a private travel health insurance for the duration
    of your stay. Some border officers ask for proof at the POE. And it is recommend to get proof of that
    when you enter Canada. As your company's insurance might not include transporting you back to your
    homecountry for treatment in an emergency and such things.

Someone mentioned here that the quota was maxed out in a few hours? But how would someone get access to all the documents and submit everything because I can't even create a compass account until they open up their application process (this online thing is something new as when I did in 2012 there was no such option, it was all done through paper) Plus there is no list of what supporting documents they require. Sorry, I just have no idea how to have everything ready if they don't provide you with the information.

Yes, you will have to act fast. If you don't get in the first round, you'll have a second and third chance. For what I remember you
    will need a PCC and the rest of the forms you will have to download once you've created your kompass account.
    Once you get the LOI from CIC you can take your sweet time to complete stage 2, the CIC assessment.

Any help is much appreciated :)

• See comments in red above.